Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2012 (61)

Raz123

Hi Everyone ,

I have just bought a Mondeo Titanium X Sport Manual Diesel few days back and so far so good.

It has 67k on the clock and only 1 previous owner (BMW) company car I assume.

It has 5 services done on it and I'll most likely do a major next year Jan 2016.

Just wanted to know from you guys who will know allot more than I do. Is there anything I need to watch out for problems wise. And when should the timming/cam belt be changed?

Hope you guys can get me upto speed on what I should look forward to. I don't usually drive too much min about 3000 miles a year.

Interested to hear back from you all.

Many thanks,

Raz

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Thanks Pragmatix. Can you advice what I can do with vehicle software. Can I update myself or something?

If you buy an ODBII cable with a switch which allows it to swap between high and low speed buses, you can change quite a few settings with the ELMConfig software. Obviously some of these will rely on hardware being present in the car.

The Ford recommendation for the timing belt is 10 years or 125,000 miles. The general consensus seems to be to get it done before that.

Thanks Sparky, which means I still have a long way to go before I need to change.

By the way does anyone know how this reverse wing mirrors dimming works? I've tried putting it in reverse with 1 click on and holding down M button but nothing happened. I then tried same process with car running reverse gear lowered the left mirror to kerb and held down M for a while and still nothing happened. Anyone have anymore ideas or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Dipping side mirrors in reverse were an option iirc.

Avoid short journeys as the D.P.F. may not regenerate frequently enough.

The 2.2 TDCi needs & benefits from regular high-ish rev '' spirited '' driving :)

Consider blanking the E.G.R.V. to avoid future issues & expense

Hi,

Thanks for the above. Unfortunately I drive short journeys to work and back but will always get on the dual carriageway every week to get the dpf flowing. Would that help?

And what is egrv and should I be worried?

Hi,

Thanks for the above. Unfortunately I drive short journeys to work and back but will always get on the dual carriageway every week to get the dpf flowing. Would that help?

And what is egrv and should I be worried?

Explained in summary and detail here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

How often does the dpf need regenerating? Like how many 1000miles in between regens?

I have been doing short trips as of late and dont think the DPF has ever performed a regen of its own accord

I do however have two modified elm cables and forscan on my laptop so I can perform a static regen as and when needed

I'm still annoyed that I can't blank my egr on my 58 plate TXS as I've been told that it will throw up the EML

Also elmconfig seems a bit pointless on the mk4 mondeo, so far all I have managed to do is enable autolocking at speed

I want to enable the shift up arrow and disable the seat belt reminder, but even after selecting both options on elmconfig neither actually take any effect.

My 2014 2.2 TDCi TXS's E.G.R.V. is blanked which illuminates the E.M.L. periodically, I simply extinguish the E.M.L & erase the resultant code with the O.B.D. II handset equally periodically.

My 2014 2.2 TDCi TXS's E.G.R.V. is blanked which illuminates the E.M.L. periodically, I simply extinguish the E.M.L & erase the resultant code with the O.B.D. II handset equally periodically.

I believe it was you who told me originally that I can't fit an EGR blank mate due to the EML

So you reckon I should be fine to just clear the EML? It wont cause any other gremlins and should drive fine with all the benefits?

How often would the EML illuminate?

I believe it was you who told me originally that I can't fit an EGR blank mate due to the EML

So you reckon I should be fine to just clear the EML? It wont cause any other gremlins and should drive fine with all the benefits?

How often would the EML illuminate?

Mine is blanked and the eml is on but i just leave it on! I check the codes every week to make sure that there is no other codes that have come up but other than that, i just leave it on.

You can reset it, but it will come back on again after about 100 miles!

Obviously it will need turning off for mot!

I would just blank it off, makes it a totally different car!

How often does the dpf need regenerating? Like how many 1000miles in between regens?

I have been doing short trips as of late and dont think the DPF has ever performed a regen of its own accord

I do however have two modified elm cables and forscan on my laptop so I can perform a static regen as and when needed

I'm still annoyed that I can't blank my egr on my 58 plate TXS as I've been told that it will throw up the EML

Also elmconfig seems a bit pointless on the mk4 mondeo, so far all I have managed to do is enable autolocking at speed

I want to enable the shift up arrow and disable the seat belt reminder, but even after selecting both options on elmconfig neither actually take any effect.

Sounds like you might not be saving your config correctly?

When you make changes, you have to commit the change to the module that you are updating and another module. The names of which escape me just now but as an example. When I retrofitted the NX Sat Nav unit, I had to use ELMConfig to enable the navigation on my Convers+ display. I had to update the BCM and the IPC modules. I believe it's done this way so there is a backup should one of them go wrong.

Mine is blanked and the eml is on but i just leave it on! I check the codes every week to make sure that there is no other codes that have come up but other than that, i just leave it on.

You can reset it, but it will come back on again after about 100 miles!

Obviously it will need turning off for mot!

I would just blank it off, makes it a totally different car!

I asked a re-mapper about disabling the EGR while doing the remap but he said he would only do that if the DPF was removed or "gutted" as not doing that would "kill" the DPF.

I dont see how it would kill the dpf!

Lots and lots of people have blanked the egr off, that is just stopping the exhaust gases being recirculated and allows more fresh air into the system! I dont understand how that could effect the dpf!

Sounds like you might not be saving your config correctly?

When you make changes, you have to commit the change to the module that you are updating and another module. The names of which escape me just now but as an example. When I retrofitted the NX Sat Nav unit, I had to use ELMConfig to enable the navigation on my Convers+ display. I had to update the BCM and the IPC modules. I believe it's done this way so there is a backup should one of them go wrong.

So your saying I need to read from the IPC as well as the BCM then, change settings in the central configuration and then save to both the IPC and the BCM? I have just been doing it to the BCM.

When I enabled the satnav display in the convers+ I only did it in the BCM though and that woked just fine. But I never use the inbuilt satnav as it is too outdated so I stick to my tomtom.

The only modules you can actually do anything to are the IPC and the BCM as they are the only ones you can read/write to. The rest are all just jiberish characters for the mondeo.

I will have to try and give it another go disabling the seatbelt reminder by writing it to the IPC as well and not just the BCM

To use the dipping door mirrors, flick the switch on the mirror adjuster control to select the mirror and then put the car in reverse. BTW it takes a few seconds to put it back when you select drive. That worried me a bit.

Thanks Mitch, do I need electric seats in order for it to work? I only have electric height adjust that's it.

Raz123, I don't know. Mine has the 8 way memory seat and auto gearbox, so thinking about it, it may be specific to that configuration.

Could someone link me to the egr blanking plate I'd need on eBay and give me some idea as how to fit it to my 2.2 tdci 58 plate mondeo

• 7 years later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club