Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrical Question

CraigRS

I was changing the lamp in my glove box to an led after changing all the other lights it worked at first however when I was putting the holder back in position the light stopped working and now none of the interior lights work?

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to this any help appreciated

Sounds like you took a fuse out. I'd get the glove box holder out and check for a possible short if/when the wires move around.

• Like 1

Ok so one of the fuses could have blown?

I'd guess so, but unless you check the holder, a new fuse may also blow.

• Like 1

If you touched the bulb feed contact to anything metal when refitting it (easily done) then yes, it would blow the fuse. According to Haynes, it should be F1 in the passenger fuse box at the bottom left. If you have either automatic wipers or a heated screen then check these are working as they are fed by the same fuse.

• Like 2

Does that Haynes include 2014 ecoboost?

I must get one.

Cheers I think I'll just put the original bulbs back in and take it to the dealer see what they say

I had the exact same problem. There is no specific fuse covering interior lights so I ended up getting a sparky to look at it, saved me losing the car for a day at the dealers!

Top tip for this, disconnect the bulb holder from the wire then fit the LED, reconnect, if you need to change the bulb polarity disconnect the bulb holder again before refitting.

Hope this helps...

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Does that Haynes include 2014 ecoboost?

I must get one.

No, it is 08 to 11 reg. I don't think the facelift version is out yet.

Replaced the fuse in the glove compartment with one of the same size and nothing changed there's no short circuit that I can see so I have no idea what the problem is. Also my dipped headlights don't work and my full beam on the right hand side.

Gonna phone the dealer and see what they can do the car is still under warranty and I've removed all the LED Bulbs and put the old ones back so fingers crossed

I don't understand that as the Haynes manual suggests those headlight bulbs are each fed from different fuses (13, 14, 15) in the engine compartment which are relay controlled. Dealer sounds the best bet on that one!

Under closer inspection checked the fuse box under the bonnet and number fuse number 26 is blown. It controls right hand side exterior lighting gonna change that and see what happens.

Under closer inspection checked the fuse box under the bonnet and number fuse number 26 is blown. It controls right hand side exterior lighting gonna change that and see what happens.

My Haynes manual has Engine Fusebox F26 supplying mirror control switch, folding mirrors and driver's electric window! Well spotted and I hope it works.

I was checking my owners manual. This should sort the problem with my dipped headlights as it's not the bulb because it comes on when I switch to full beam which runs on a separate circuit. I've ordered fuses so they'll arrive soon.

May still need to visit the dealer for the interior lights problem.

Interior lights are often linked to the horn fuse, have you checked the horn still works?

Yeah horn still works which is strange. I replaced the fuse and nothing happened the fuse didn't blow either so no short circuit.

So today my replacement fuse arrived. Low profile blade fuse. I replaced fuse number 26 under the bonnet- "exterior right hand lighting" this fixed the problem with my headlights and the interior lights are now also working again.

So I put all my LED's back in and now it's perfect. Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1