Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Discs And More Issues

onlyoneunited

I had an issue with a knocking/ creaking sound when i brake slowly after having a new suspension coil fitted.

Rang the original garage and they said I'd have to wait a week to see them.

I saw another garage and they said that there was oil on the brake disc from when they replaced the coils- can't remember what type of oil. Apparently it was only on the inside of the disc and the outside was spotless but had dried and stuck on.

They recommended I change the disc and the brake pads. Is this necessary? Surely there's a way to clean them?

In their bid to find the initial cause of the noise they also said the rear wheel bearing need replacing very soon, rear tyres ( I knew they were getting on a bit) and the steering rack would need fixing as the steering was heavy. I've also been hearing a squeaking from the rear of my car and it's also burning fuel- I might change the

Any thoughts? I'm starting to feel like I'd be throwing money at a lost cause with the 1.25 on 122000 miles.

I had this scenario a few years ago with another brand of car when the garage idiot shoved a screw driver between my outer pad and disc (damage clearly visible) and the upshot was i ended up replacing both rear disc,s and pads because of uneven wear/damage to one disc and also in your case contamination of the pad/disc on one side. I personally would not take a chance but some one else may have a solution so be prepared to take a hit of some sort on your wallet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club