Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eve, It's Time For A Face Lift (mk2 Focus Zetec Climate 2.0)

Dan P

That's a good start lol.

Have you thought about skirts?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Crikey guys, what else do you want me to do? Isn't this enough already!!

You've made a fantastic job of the focus and it looks complete as it is mate but If still wanting to add some touches;

A brushed stainless steel glovebox stip enhances the interior nicely

Link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/26813-custom-laser-cut-parts-for-your-focus/page__pid__145032#entry145032

Side skirts are nice but if fitting skirts you will need to do custom front mud flaps such as these:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/61119-guide-fitting-mud-flaps-focus-st-focus-rs-focus-zetecs/

Not a big job and ive got my custom flaps fitted four years now still on there no problems,

I feel the skirts would add width to the body that can only be matched by fitting front and rear ST bumpers on the Mk2

As result; I wouldn't fit them unless going whole kit.

However an ST spoiler would look tidy,

Use silicone around bolts to prevent future boot leak (common problem)

Some cross drilled& grooved brake discs would look sweet when the time comes to change them and some EBC GreenStuff pads.

recently done this one myself

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/?p=529912

and recommend it when due of course no point throwing away money removing good brakes.

A blue SPARCO Tow strap fitted in to the boot panel as a pull down strap is a great little mod, done it myself at start of the year also enables my kids to close the boot after opening it.

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/70382-guide-fitting-boot-door-tow-strap-ford-focus-mk2-and-mk25/

An illuminated ignition ring is also a useful modification

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/34704-guide-fitting-footwell-lighting-to-your-ford/page__fromsearch__1

Or take two days off work and fit some Ford logo puddle lights

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/46244-guide-fitting-ford-projector-puddle-lights-mk2-mk25-focus-05-12-front-doors/

Does the pioneer headunit support self calibration ?

If yes I can offer a loan of the Mic. To allow the headunit adjust settings to suit your cars interior acoustics

Makes a great difference as a few fellow members can agree.

If anyone's seeking more modification ideas you may like to view my full list of Guides here:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

• 3 months later...

It's been a while since I've had to do anything to Eve, hence the lack of updates. I'm yet to re-wrap the door handle as I haven't really had the time yet and I also need to get myself a heat gun.

A few weeks ago Mrs P decided to take Eve for a little off-road action. As a result she hit a big hole and heard a big bang  - thankfully the only damage was a rear mud-flap being knocked out of position (made all the more apparent thanks to the wrap!)

56aa5f1b00c0a_160128-mudflap1.thumb.JPG.

56aa5f2846905_160128-mudflap2.thumb.JPG.

I tried to wriggle it back into place but unfortunately it wasn't playing ball so I had to take the wheel off, remove the mud flap and then fit it again!

56aa5f2972ce1_160128-mudflap3.thumb.JPG.

56aa5f2a8c4de_160128-mudflap4.thumb.JPG.

I then gave Eve a well overdue clean.

56aa5f2b98285_160128-reflections1.JPG.ec

56aa5f2ca0e7a_160128-reflections2.JPG.ae

56aa5f2da8d1a_160128-reflections3.JPG.8e

56aa5f270ee55_160128-reflections4.JPG.5c

• Like 1

So today I finally got around to buying a heat gun so that I could attempt to re-wrap my door handle. I'd never wrapped before so I wasn't quite sure how it was going to work out. It turned out to be easier than I expected and took me about 45 minutes.

56ab7027995ee_160129-Re-wrap01.thumb.JPG

First off I cut a strip from my spare vinyl.

56ab702897275_160129-Re-wrap02.thumb.JPG

After heating it a little I peeled off the backing and then (after having got it in a bit of a sticky scrumpled mess and then unscrambling it) applied it to the main curved surface of the door handle. Applying a little heat I gently worked out any creases by lifting and tugging at the edges and using my thumb to smooth it out.

56ab7029dfdc1_160129-Re-wrap03.thumb.JPG

I then went to work on one of the sides using the same method.

56ab702b1a907_160129-Re-wrap04.thumb.JPG

It was starting to look pretty good...

56ab702c2b643_160129-Re-wrap05.thumb.JPG

56ab702e1e513_160129-Re-wrap06.thumb.JPG

I then used a craft knife to remove the excess and "finish off" one side.

56ab702fe4d73_160129-Re-wrap07.thumb.JPG

I then set about smoothing out the other side.

56ab70311b18c_160129-Re-wrap08.thumb.JPG

Then after some more trimming I was finished.

56ab70323314e_160129-Re-wrap09.thumb.JPG

56ab70339dd3e_160129-Re-wrap10.thumb.JPG

56ab7035a900e_160129-Re-wrap11.thumb.JPG

56ab703739414_160129-Re-wrap12.thumb.JPG

With the job finished all I had to do was to fit it!

Et voila!

56ab703842778_160129-Re-wrap13.thumb.JPG

56ab703959783_160129-Re-wrap14.thumb.JPG

• Like 4

great job on re wrapping the handle your self looks like it turned out well. mrs p was lucky it was only a mud flap out of place.

love the overall look of your focus fella and not a fan of matte black wheels but it does suite the wrap of the car.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Over the last few weeks Eve has been giving us some trouble with the alarm going off intermittently and spurious indications whilst driving of the rear passenger side door being open. I'd been considering my options, including stripping the door down and replacing the lock mechanism, but was really hoping to avoid doing so.

Looking through the wiring diagrams I considered whether it would be possible to bypass this circuit and decided that this would be my best course of action.

16 04 17 - Wiring door ajar.png

16 04 17 - Wiring harness.png

Looking at the door ajar circuit 31S-GL12 (black and orange) gets routed to ground via 31-DA21A (black) when the door is closed. These wires can be found on pins 1 and 6 on the door harness so my plan was to cut the black and orange wire going into pin6 and permanently connect it to earth via the black wire on pin 1. This would trick Eve into thinking that the door was always closed.

Today I decided to carry out the fix, I opened the front passenger door and removed the rubber hose covering the harness and it pretty much fell apart with half of the wires falling out! I guess that when I replaced this door last year I failed to replace the wires as well as I should have and over time they'd wiggled loose, thus creating an intermittent fault. I removed and firmly replaced all of the wires and hopefully this will cure the problem. If it doesn't then I shall revert to my bypass plan!

16 04 17 - Harness 2.JPG

• 1 month later...

The biggest recent news is that we've just expanded to become a two-car family. I've just got a new Fiesta ST3, Bastian, and Eve is now my wife's car. This all came about after Mrs P suggested that she could do with "a little run around" of her own.

Here's Bastian (build thread can be found here).

16 05 28 - Clean 03.jpg

16 05 28 - Clean 07.jpg

As far as Eve is concerned there's not been much to report recently although I did have all her tyres replaced today. After a bit of research I decided to opt for Nokian Line (reviews here) based mostly on reported performance in the wet and durability. Not many places stock them here so I bought them online from tyres-outlet.co.uk. They were shipped from Germany and having ordered them last Wednesday they arrived on Tuesday - quite impressive considering Monday was a bank holiday. The four tyres cost £303.68 and I paid £48 to have them fitted.

All four of the old tyres were down to 3mm tread. On the front I had a pair of Continental Sport Contact 5 which had done 16,368 miles. On the rear were BF Goodrich G-grip which had done double that, 33,250 - half on the front then moved to the rear when I got the Contis.

I really liked the Continentals, the car felt right with them on the front, but they just wear too fast!
I was impressed with the longevity of the BF tyres but when they were on the front the car didn't feel as responsive and they were a bit noisier. Once on the back I had no complaints.

• 6 months later...

Little to report over the last few months. Eve is now 10 years old and flew through her MOT at the end of September.

Unfortunately now that Eve is officially Mrs P's car she's not been getting the regular cleaning she deserves and after a spell under a very nasty tree she ended up looking pretty awful...

16 12 20 - Cleaning 1.JPG

So I finally took matters into my own hands and spent the whole afternoon yesterday getting Eve looking fabulous again.

16 12 20 - Cleaning 2.JPG

16 12 20 - Cleaning 3.JPG

16 12 20 - Cleaning 4.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, b4zz said:

the focus scrubs up well fella and still looking great

Cheers mate - it certainly took some scrubbing this time!

• 1 year later...

Owing to Mrs P upgrading (details to follow soon) Eve is now for sale... see here.

• 1 month later...

Still for sale and still in need of keeping clean!

813714689_180524-Lastclean1.thumb.JPG.64343971a7612096b992dd421f21a4ed.JPG

580959930_180524-Lastclean2.thumb.JPG.653be5d7126ba8c8743dfa161481febd.JPG

853164359_180524-Lastclean3.thumb.JPG.30f3746dec386ad0ee754bbe1a039d7b.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Eve has finally sold and has gone to a new home 😞

1 hour ago, Dan P said:

Eve has finally sold and has gone to a new home 😞

good to hear it fella and hope the owner looks after eve as well as you did

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

With the work that has been put in you can honestly say it's partially priceless LOL.

Good job!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club