Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors Without Display

SNC

Hi,

We finally picked up our 14 reg Ford Fiesta 1l ecoboost 125 last night (I'll get some pictures on soon), got it from Evans Halshaw Bury and paid for the official rear parking sensors to be fitted for pickup.

Checked they were there all great, drove 45 mins home went to reverse into the drive nothing came up on the display showing the sensors, reversed back and it did started beeping but there was no display at all.

I am right in believing it should show on the radio dispay in the centre of the dashboard?

Like this?:

Rear-parking-sensor-Ford-Fiesta.jpg

I've phoned up Evans Halshaw and spoke to a women in services who's booked it in to be looked at but didn't mention that they would do anything.

I'm right in believing this should be working for a £250 addition? and they should get it working for free and I shouldn't be charged whilst it's in?

Thanks

Nope, no display unless it was factory fitted as part of spec, those fitted after at dealer are not made for display to be added on after.

• Like 1

Really?

I was happy waiting longer for a Ford Fiesta that came with factory fitted parking sensors in the spec I wanted and Ford (Evans Halshaw) talked me into getting them fitted as they had cars in my spec without the sensors and that the sensors would be the same official ones.

So I paid £250 for the official ford sensors from the ford dealership basically for a beep but doesn't tell you where around the car there is something you can't see thats close?

1 day of ownership and I'm not happy if thats the case.

Thats the case then, only if you specified parking sensors as part of city pack would you have display fitted from factory.

thats salesmen for you unfortunatly.

• Like 1

As above, only appears on the display if it left the factory with it

• Like 2

Yeah looks like they misled you there. Unfortunately there's not much you can do because the system they install works in a different way and can't be set up to show on the screen as far as I know.

• Like 1

Whats annoying me is I've had a couple of cars with after factory parking sensors (some cheaper than the £250 I paid here) and all of them worked with the displays, this is the first time I've come accross this being the case.

I was quite happy to wait but as said was convinced I would get the same results not waiting and fitting to a car in their stock, I've now emailed Ford directly telling them all this, as Evans Halshaw also have me taking a holiday day off work to get the car taken in to sort this out and if all I got was sorry nothing we can do and take it back when they never had any intention to do anything I'll be fuming.

The dealers also didn't know the ecoboost was tax exempt and kept telling me they would pay for the £20 first year tax as part of my deal and that the Red and Black S versions were the exact same bhp as the ST which all had 140bhp!

A great start to a new relationship with Ford and I was so excited yesterday until that point of realisation.

You've just explained everything with two words. Evans halshaw.

From what I've read on here and heard from family and friends they're more trouble than good

• Like 1

I've heard Evans Halshaw were bad but that's far beyond bad. I'll certainly never have any dealings with them. We should start a petition to have their advertising removed from this site :P

As soon as they clearly had no idea of the bhp and tax I'd have gone elsewhere

• Like 1

Maybe new Sales man , and was probably selling furniture or carpets last week.lol

• Like 2

It amazes me that these guys can be selling cars and couldn't be bothered to have a quick look at the brochure, or at least have one on their desk instead of just guessing. Or worse, deliberately telling you nonsense to get a quick sale.

• Like 2

It is poor that going to a ford dealer they can't be retro fitted to work with display. If they could I would buy them.

For some reason cant be done on fiesta, but certain models of focus , c max and kuga can

It is poor that going to a ford dealer they can't be retro fitted to work with display. If they could I would buy them.

I think that's because Ford only make that specific system available at the factory that makes the Fiesta, so the dealers use a 3rd party system.

I agree with all of the above, you know I actually had a better dealing when I bought my Ford KA from a Citreon Dealership many years ago. Atleast I was never lied to :(

As soon as they clearly had no idea of the bhp and tax I'd have gone elsewhere

In heindsight you are correct, this is exactly what I should have done but my partners happy face (she'll be driving it more than me for work) after the test drive clouded my judgement and I just couldn't say noto that face, the car was great spec'd and for a great price if I could just have got the parking sensors we despertly wanted it would have been perfect. I'm probably going to have to end up just accepting it and maybe looking at fitting my own rear camera to make up for it but I'm going to fight for something to be done if I can.

Or learn to reverse! Shocking I know. Loll only kidding, just get used to the increasing beeps , little display wont make much difference to your judgement of distance.

That said I have got display retrofitted on my focus and use the visual more than sound.

^ Yeah to be fair without the display you'll probably want to look where you're reversing instead, then you should know more or less where the obstacles are and the beeps will confirm exactly how far away they are.

With the display it's nice cos you don't have to look backwares and can keep checking your mirrors to get the neatest reverse parking possible :)

The biggest problem is my partner is driving it and she's not the worlds best at spacial awarness that its a good aid to not bang your lovelly car up, also i've seen her works, car park and it worries me as space is really tight with high hidden kerbs directly behind spaces so if your reversing its just hard enough to see but high enough to reverse your bumper into.

• Like 1

She could drive fwd into spaces instead of reversing. In likes of USA you are only legally allowed to drive fwd in.

• Like 1

That wouldn't help me, I have no idea where the front is :D

Must admit, I wish I'd ordered the parking sensors.

Once a tightarse always a tightarse.

• Like 2

It isn't what you asked for, and more importantly what you were promised...demand a full refund.

IMO legally it's classed as missold.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

The biggest problem is my partner is driving it and she's not the worlds best at spacial awarness that its a good aid to not bang your lovelly car up, also i've seen her works, car park and it worries me as space is really tight with high hidden kerbs directly behind spaces so if your reversing its just hard enough to see but high enough to reverse your bumper into.

My work car park is really tight too, between 2 rows of parked cars there is only just enough space to drive though sometimes, and walls either side lol. I found a good space right at the far corner that I always use, next to a low wall so the parking sensors are very useful here.

It isn't what you asked for, and more importantly what you were promised...demand a full refund.

You're probably right but he would need something in writing that confirms that the parking sensors are the same as the Ford system. Unfortunately without this it's just his word against theirs.

Edit: at the end of the day it's not worth going through the hassle of arguing and trying to get a different car, for something that isn't a huge problem. I'd be annoyed by it if this happened to me but still I'd just try and get used to it.

• Like 1

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Someone fire up the spotlight...we need to summon our very own Caped Crusader
  • Like 3