Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors Without Display

SNC

^ Yeah that does basically the same job for about 100x less money lol.

Kit or self build? Cost?

Self build. Cost was 115$

I got the idea from this kind of system. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s2cG2-1RAU

There was three things i wanted to solve. Better rear view than the oem mirror, front view to prevent hitting my bumper to curb and reversing out off parking lot, where you can't see through the cars side of you.

Very nice to have when you get used to it, lot better situation awareness than before.

There going to be a recorder incar and possible a video uplink to my home video surveillance recorder.

Yes this project kind of got out of hand :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I've read on here somewhere that in a focus the x-vision kit can be plugged in to the car so as to come through the stereo so my question is what has a focus got that the fiesta hasn't and can that piece be retro fitted?

• 2 years later...

Please can someone help a Fiesta newbie...

i have the factory fitted parking sensors fitted to the rear bumper of my 2011 Fiesta Zetec...I’m pretty sure they’re a factory fit because they’re body coloured on the bumper (x2) and black on the diffuser (x2)

as far as I can see, the sensors are all plugged-in and connected to each other behind the bumper but the system simply does not work and never has since I bought the car second hand a few months ago.

its a 3-door and I was told that there should be a module (a smallish black box) behind the trim in the boot on the drivers side of the car (RHD in the UK)

I’ve removed the trim but all that’s there is a module that I’m pretty certain (after googling the part number) is an aerial amplifier and is definitely not black and has a Fakra cable attached to it...

Please can can someone confirm I’m looking on the right place and if so..what could be wrong? The fuse box has an empty slot for the parking sensors but the manual is very specific that it’s for vehicles  with front sensors which my car does not have....

The front bumper is not original to the car after a small collision before I bought it..could the absence of front sensors explain why the rear ones don’t work at all (no beeps whatsoever)?

its driving me bonkers as I can’t seem to find the reason why they don’t work, where the module is on a 3-door and if I can DIY a fix....

any suggestions very gratefully accepted!!??

thanks

Alex

Please can someone help a Fiesta newbie...
i have the factory fitted parking sensors fitted to the rear bumper of my 2011 Fiesta Zetec...I’m pretty sure they’re a factory fit because they’re body coloured on the bumper (x2) and black on the diffuser (x2)
as far as I can see, the sensors are all plugged-in and connected to each other behind the bumper but the system simply does not work and never has since I bought the car second hand a few months ago.
its a 3-door and I was told that there should be a module (a smallish black box) behind the trim in the boot on the drivers side of the car (RHD in the UK)
I’ve removed the trim but all that’s there is a module that I’m pretty certain (after googling the part number) is an aerial amplifier and is definitely not black and has a Fakra cable attached to it...
Please can can someone confirm I’m looking on the right place and if so..what could be wrong? The fuse box has an empty slot for the parking sensors but the manual is very specific that it’s for vehicles  with front sensors which my car does not have....
The front bumper is not original to the car after a small collision before I bought it..could the absence of front sensors explain why the rear ones don’t work at all (no beeps whatsoever)?
its driving me bonkers as I can’t seem to find the reason why they don’t work, where the module is on a 3-door and if I can DIY a fix....
any suggestions very gratefully accepted!!??
thanks
Alex

If your car had front parking sensors factory fitted then there should be a switch on the dash to turn them off/on if the module you found in the boot is a booster aerial for DAB
  • Like 1

Ok weird because the car definitely does not have DAB! I was confused because there is a roof mounted aerial...couldn’t understand why there would be a booster all the way at the back...

there is an empty slot on the mystery module behind the trim on the boot right side...wondering if that needs connecting to something....

Could it not be an aerial booster and  is the parking module...but why is there a  Fakra connector connected...if I try to follow the wires from the rear bumper it does look like they route into the mystery module...but I can’t be sure...the mystery module is FoMoCo so I presume it’s s factory fit and not aftermarket..but the mystery module is (mostly) green...but there’s no speaker...

car doesn’t  have front sensors and there’s no interior switch....help!!!!!

2a88f6537492674554dd439f75bbb653.jpg

Is this what your mystery module looks like? If it is then it’s the booster aerial, if not then I’d presume is is a parking sensor module?

My car was factory fitted with front and rear parking aid, so when I get some time I will have a look for my module and let you know what I find.

Ok...more digging around underneath the car in the nonstop rain and I finally can see what the problem is...the four sensors are all connected to each other and terminate at a single plug. This has been cut revealing 6 bare wires so the sensors are not connected to anything (except themselves)!!

so I believe I need:

1. new loom (connects sensors to module)

2. New module

3. New buzzer

4. new buzzer loom (connects buzzer to module)

i can only assume the previous owner disconnected it as it did not work or the rear bumper is not original to the car (more likely I fear)

any idea where the buzzer is supposed to go...have seen all 4 above used items on eBay and the loom to connect the module to the buzzer looks very long...making me think it’s mounted somewhere in the front cabin ...I’m guessing that if I can locate a buzzer, there’s a good chance the car had the parking sensors fitted from the factory as I doubt anyone would bother removing the buzzer..

thing is, I’m caught between a rock and a hard place as the sensors are fitted to the bumper and the aftermarket kits for £20 on eBay have a completely different sensor diameter meaning they won’t fit.

all the above 4 eBay parts are working out at £90..happy to spend that (well not “happy”) but after it’s all set up I’m presuming it will need some kind of coding to the car to tell it to turn on when I go into reverse....and that’s going to take it way over budget I fear...

Thanks for help so far . But one last time, can anyone shed a definitive light on my problem before I pull what’s left of my already thinning hair out!!!

ta

Alex

There are two separate buzzers, one at the front of the car (which sounds when front sensors detect) and a buzzer at the rear for when the rear sensors detect...... my car is in having its mot just now, but I will have a dig around later.

• Like 1

Thanks so much...that would be great...I dont have front sensors so I’m guessing the buzzer must mount at the back somewhere near the module...if you can do me some pics I’d be eternally grateful (so I can see any mounting points or necessary brackets) and if you get a chance later, have you any thoughts about how it connects to the car to sense reverse gear??

No worries Alex, ok just picked up the car from it’s mot (passed) [emoji1] woohoo!
I’ve had a quick rummage around the boot, without removing any trim panels I can see where the buzzer is mounted (see photo) as for the module I would probably have to remove panels so might do that tomorrow if I have time (I need to look to see if I have a booster module in there for my aerial anyway, as I’m looking to retro fit a Sony DAB so that will give me more than one reason to dig around in the boot.58ff7311c71e5d1e6f35753dbe86b5c6.jpg

the module is on same side as buzzer behind the trim panel, are you sure they are factory fit? if you pm me your reg number i can check if your car was built with sensors or not.

• Like 1

So it turns out that they weren’t a factory fit...which means the back bumper belongs to another car...I’m (99%) positive they’re Ford ones....which means I guess that it’s an aftermarket bumper with sensors that the dealer just cut off under the bumper...I believe they’re ford because the loom that connects them has a ford label on it and they’re in the factory positions on bumper and diffuser...

so with that in mind, can the car be coded to accept the installation of the module/speaker etc etc...I presume there’s yet another Loom to somehow connect the module to the reverse light somehow....

im so tempted to get an aftermarket set but I believe the Ford ones are wider than any ones I’ve seen available from other source

you can program a module up. first thing you need to figure out is if the vehicle has the neccessary wiring loom and connector. you need to look fot that first behind the trim panels where the module would fit.

• Like 1

There’s nowt there Ian...but I can get the module and Loom on fleabay but...how does it know I’m in reverse??!! I imagined it has to somehow connect to the reverse light...

ive found on eBay 

the right module

the loom to connect the existing loom inside the bumper to the module

a buzzer/speaker

a loom to connect the buzzer/speaker to the module (although it looks very long indeed seeing as the buzzer sits right next to the module....

So does the module connect (and need coding) to the cars ecu somehow?? 

I’d probably be safe in saying that the module plugged in to the main car loom would be enough to let the car know when reverse has been selected, you would definitely need to let the car know it’s equipped with parking sensors, I’m sure forscan would be able to do it.(could you send/pm the link to the kit on fleabay)?

You need to find the wiring or it won't work. Basically the vehicle main wiring has a connector that plugs into module, this connector gives the module power and connection for reverse via body control module. Then another connector and harness connects to module that then goes to the parking sensor wiring. I will draw a diagram tomorrow if you don't understand.

• Like 1

im wrong, the earlier fiesta is a basic set up. no programming required by the looks of it. 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2018 at 2:37 PM, Fiesta1.25 said:

No worries Alex, ok just picked up the car from it’s mot (passed) emoji1.png woohoo!
I’ve had a quick rummage around the boot, without removing any trim panels I can see where the buzzer is mounted (see photo) as for the module I would probably have to remove panels so might do that tomorrow if I have time (I need to look to see if I have a booster module in there for my aerial anyway, as I’m looking to retro fit a Sony DAB so that will give me more than one reason to dig around in the boot.58ff7311c71e5d1e6f35753dbe86b5c6.jpg

Is there any chance of a snap of where the module should be mounted...I’ve ordered all the missing bits but would love to see the correct factory fit location for the module behind the trim in the boot...

grateful for your help !

thanks

ale 

I will try and get the photos you require tomorrow, I’m just about to head out to work

I’m getting very confused now I have all the parts I believe I need..the module has three input sockets- one obviously co es fro the sensor loom and the other one is an output (so one of the three inputs is not us led)...the input to the module is straightforward but the output has three loose wires (orange, brown and grey). The brown obviously goes to earth on the body but which one goes to the reverse light +ve feed and why is the grey wire twice the length of the orange one??!

finally, the buzzer has LEDs as well and a speaker-if it lives behind the trim as shown in a previous post, why on earth are there LEDs to visually warn of obstacles when reversing??!!!

help!! I’m so confused...!!!!

ta

Alex

20585662-1993-4198-90AB-DAC3B2974678.jpeg

0001E71B-74D7-4D74-932B-99AF11A7973E.jpeg

DE13F020-E646-4413-9224-9426C101D861.jpeg

DB609C4E-B912-4292-9011-1DFAC7C1549B.jpeg

AF8ED531-4595-4251-B26F-D86A5275D017.jpeg

Hi mate did you ever get the module mounted and wired up? Here is its factory fitted location......
3588cbe35ee1a4c25888f8d98e177503.jpg

Is the silver ‘disc’ the buzzer then? I wonder what the other brown plug is for?

I’ve been told that if you have the sensors and they don’t seem to be working then you can put the ignition to ‘ON’ and without turning the engine over put it in reverse and then go to the back of the car and put your ear next to each sensor in turn. You should hear a clicking noise which would signify there is power going to the sensor. Is there any truth to this?

Is the buzzer that you have Alex perhaps one that is actually designed to be mounted where it is visible? It looks pretty smart so it wouldn’t look out of place if you made a hole on your A pillar and mounted it there, and depending if it was expensive or not you could put one on the opposite pillar for symmetry, they would just appear to be tweeters then. When I was thinking about it I wondered if the wiring you have has the correct setup to actually illuminate the LEDs anyway?

Got to give you points for your perseverance and commitment to the project

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to keep you posted and thanks for the compliment on my perseverance...the existing sensors were completely different size and connector type to the ones need d for my new loom, module and buzzer...

the eBay seller I bought the system from has been very helpful indeed and found a Bosch fitting video which has answered all my questions...

so after working out that the buzzer is indeed a visible part mounted to the headlining or rear pillar and that the grey lead goes to reverse +ve and orange is a spare wire for diagnostics on the module I think I’m sorted...so I ordered 4 new sensors from the same eBay seller (£40) and thought that would be it...but no...the new sensors do fit the loom now, but do not fit in the brackets that held the last sensors securely in the bumper!!!!

so yet another eBay purchase of new holding brackets and bezels (two of which I have to paint silver) from Latvia are on the way.

if only I had done all this research before I bought the bits, I would have saved a fortune by buying a non-Ford DIY kit for £20....the basic point is that the rear bumper on my car is not original to my car and cane from a car with reversing sensors...but my car has no loom or facility to hook them up...

but I am on the way to finishing...in the meantime I have fitted a wireless reversing camera with a monitor in a replacement rear view mirror that comes on when reversing and looks great for just £25.

all these additions are important for me as after back surgery I can’t really swivel very well to look behind when reversing...so these aids are rather more helpful than just vanity...

• Like 1