Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Drl Positioning

jeebowhite

Hi Guys,

I come seeking opinions!

I have bought some DRL's (Front and Rear!) and I am looking for some advice on where to place them.

So I have two sets of front DRL's (First off I will check how they look, and keep the best of them, or if they go quite well, I will probably keep both!)

So here are the options for the front:

post-10869-0-10819400-1434111174_thumb.j

The orange (grill) DRL's are going there for sure, but I need help with the others. I am quite fond of the White line position (alongside the grill, eitherside), The other alternatives are blue (alongside the plate - less favoured) or yellow (under the fogs - again less favoured, as I dont really want to be pulling the fogs out to lay wiring if it looks better elsewhere).

Also the rear,

post-10869-0-48317300-1434111595_thumb.j

my personal preference is Red (on the bottom diffuser), alternatively there is black (at the bottom of the rear light cluster) or down the top of the rear light cliuster on the boot lid (Green)

Whats your thoughts?

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I don't like them when they're just plonked in the middle of the grill.

I like them to follow the lines of the bodywork - like your white lines or the foglight position.

I may be slightly biased - but that's Lenny's fault :D

• Like 4

Where the white lines are for sure.

I agree I like the white lines better.

None!:p

Not keen on aftermarket kit unless it looks factory fitted, thats only my opinion though. Each to their own!;)

• Like 1

Touche wes

Yeah I have two slimline led 's which I plan to fit on the white and to be honest, the ones in the grill are as much to test if nothing else.

I shall finish fitting those over the coming days (probably Monday).

What about the rears? I recon the best placement probably is red lines around the bottom...

I wish I could afford the 80 odd quid ones and I'm preparing for the proper rears...

I have found an integrated drl and reflector on geek, looks awesome and is about 22 quid, will have to see how much I save on fuel after terraclean and once I'm in profits I will be buying some :-D

Job done for the front, don't think it looks too bad?

post-10869-14347862271_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I like the vertical ones on the bottom.

Vertical ones on the bottom for sure, personal opinion on top grill makes it look a bit tacky.

Guess it's probably to late now but did you not consider this, top grill vertical lines at each end of the grill. (Much like you have done with the bottom) would be pretty visible in day light to?

As always my opinion only fella, your car is your taste and that's all that mattes!

• Like 1

I agree with Ford Man, grille ones look tacky, lower ones look good.

Vertical ones on the bottom for sure, personal opinion on top grill makes it look a bit tacky.

Guess it's probably to late now but did you not consider this, top grill vertical lines at each end of the grill. (Much like you have done with the bottom) would be pretty visible in day light to?

As always my opinion only fella, your car is your taste and that's all that mattes!

I did indeed matey, but the mounting options for that type around the top of the grill are very limited... I'm considering buying another set of the bottom ones and substituting the top ones, they are a tad easier to work with!

I agree with Ford Man, grille ones look tacky, lower ones look good.

Yeah after a few days of driving around with it I'm realising the top ones aren't as affective either, so will have to consider replacement!

• Like 1

James if your brave enough mate you could slice the bumper in the same position as face lift mondeo DRL extra work but with some masking tape and numerous triple check I'm sure you could get it maybe an inch above the fog lights

I have thought about it but I don't have the nads for that lol. I would only do that if I had money in my pocket for a new bumper...

• Like 1

It's not so bad TBH I done the holes on my bumper for the washer jets and it was even close to anything to get a clear measurement lol, the good thing is you've for your fog lights to use as a reference point. You can mask off the area and draw some vertical lines using a level and then measure up from the top of your fog lights and do the same on the other side, doesn't matter too much where it ends up as long as they match up.

It also depends on the DRL design too if they are surface mounted or designed to be flush, if you ever consider it again I'd be willing to help :D

Well I might take that offer up one day but the price of them, it can be pretty expensive. Not the easiest when the tax man's having gun with my trousers down lol

• Like 1

:D Whenever your ready I'm game. BTW can you link me to the DRL's I'm curious how they are mounted

If I can find them again I will. They are stuck on sadly... The only downside to them.

Then you don't need to cut your bumper to put it above the fogs, maybe a small hole behind the DRL to hide the cables

True, but if I was going to upgrade them I would go for something factory looking, but to be honest until I get my car in the best bodywork condition I can I'm not going to bother with the factory look lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club