Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio In Ecoboost

carr-92

Does my 64 plate 1.0 ecoboost radio have DAB or if not can you get it? What else can you do with the radio because I've never really looked into it is there a website that tells you everything ?

Sorry complete newbie

Depends on what radio you have. You will find all the info you need in the back of the hand book supplied with the car.

I believe if you've got the Sony stereo version you get DAB, does it have the SONY sign on the centre console?

I believe you don't get DAB if its the standard stereo.

Hi Mate,

If you don't have on Ford sell an upgrade in the "Infotainment" section:

Www.ford-acessories.co.uk

No It's not the Sony one but really want the DAB frequency

Don't quote me but I'm sure you can buy some sort of an adapter (reasonable) that turns standard radio into DAB.

I even think there was some sort of "The Big Switchover" website with all required info/suppliers etc.

The reality of having dab isn't as good as the thought of having it. Yes there are some other stations but it's not that great. Imo of course

• Like 1

I think dab is only the Sony , shiny piano black gloss model. Titanium and x models

The reality of having dab isn't as good as the thought of having it. Yes there are some other stations but it's not that great. Imo of course

Your right there, DAB seems ok in towns/city's but as soon as the concrete is replaced by greenery it's back to FM/AM.

Mine is on dab all the time but it's annoying as it changes areas if u happen to be flirting between them. You hear the radio repeat and usually different tone.

• Like 1

I have it but don't use it cos it's kak.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Fiesta Ecoboost Jan 2017. DAB radio working fine until other day (10 days after warranty ran out). Not now. When I try, I get what looks to be a circular seach icon on screen. Ford dealer wants £65 to look at it.No explanation. Been told uncoupling battery terminals or taking out/putting fuse back in will somehow jolt it back into action. Everything else works, including satnav. Anybody got ideas before I spend a load of brass? 

Had DAB on my 2016 Fiesta ST-Line 140 and it wasn't the Sony radio. Not sure why you'd want dab though, it's crap quality compared to FM and the signal is usually rubbish where I live which is only about 25 miles from London. 

Got it on my 2019 ST-Line X with Sync 3 and it's ok but I still prefer FM quality. The only advantage of dab is the number of stations. But it appears to me to be the same as TV, we used to have about 3 channels of good quality and now it's just 100's of channels of commercial filled crap.

On 6/12/2015 at 6:32 PM, Willy said:

I have it but don't use it cos it's kak.

Yeah same here, I thought it would be better with the big fuss they made about it when it was introduced.

The ST comes with the Sony DAB radio. I'm surprised at all the negative comments about DAB. I have mine tuned to Virgin which doesn't have an FM to fall back to and hardly ever get it cut out. I live in the countryside too.

Used DAB all the time in my 66 plate Mk7.5 all over the country without any issues. Some occasional deadspots but 99% of the time its great.

And now use it all the time in my 69plate mk8.

I'd use Apple Carplay and Tidal more if I could get it to work properly but it doesn't.

I use DAB but the strange thing I find, I have a load of radio stations programmed to the preset buttons but if I press one of those it still takes 20 or 30 seconds for that station to come on whilst saying 'searching'  if it's a preset one why does it not put it on in a split second?

Dab Radio in Sussex is useless ,i turned it off and just use FM when im listning to the news,shame as DAB does have a better sound when it plays.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club