Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St Tdci

jockmalotty

Looking at one of these but heard different opinions on the diesel particulate filters (dpf) any advice if I should go for one or no

DPFs are ok so long as they can regenerate, which involves around 20-30 minutes (in one go) driving at motorway speeds a month. They also need a regen fluid refil every 75000 miles. Failure to regen properly will eventually lead to needing a new DPF, which I believe is about £1000 at a Ford dealer.

...or, you can take it off, cut off the top, pull out the insides, weld in a pipe connecting the front and back which is the same diameter as your standard pipe, weld the top back on, and have the DPF deleted in the ECU.

The above advice regarding D.P.F.'s is illegal & newer Fords do not have the eolys fluid reservoir

• Like 1

In a month I usually do 2 trips to aberdeen and back which is about 128 miles each trip plus the usual trip into town so wasn't sure if dpf would clean itself out

The DPF on the diesel ST are a lot better designed than earlier versions as they are Euro6 spec.

The Euro4 spec needed Eolys fluid and the Euro5 had a tendency to not want to carry out a regen when needed.

The Euro6 DPF is easier to maintain and will cause far less problems and seeing as it will be on a ST you will be more likely to give it a bit of a boot on a motorway anyway ;) .

Put simply, GO FOR IT!!!.

Don't get put off a great car because of a minor thing.

• Like 2

I have a ST TDCI and really recomend it,as said don't be put off by the DPF

Probably go for it anyway to much story's of the dpf being a pain made me think but can't resist a st lol

now Is the question, will it be a ST2 or ST3?

st2 I'll be picking but hard choice is colour partner doesn't like the yellow but I do so might have agree on some other colour lol

Don't go for Stealth, it's a decent enough colour but not striking enough for an ST.

I went for Deep Impact Blue and it is a stunning colour.

Partner said deep impact blue quite like it in that blue or the black

In the blue you'll be washing it all the time but it draws the eye without being too 'in your face'.

Wasn't wanting a colour that really stands out to much but I agree blue seems more subtle a bit plus partner likes it so best keeping her happy to lol

• Like 1

Just to tempt you a bit more ;) -

post-28494-0-21874400-1434388355_thumb.j

• Like 2

Oi Clive I like my stealth!

Oi Clive I like my stealth!

I have said before that the colour grew on me while I had a Stealth one for 3 days however it isn't striking enough to tempt me away from my blue one.

It does show the cars lines nicely but it is a bit flat, maybe if it had been a bit more sparkly I may have made a different choice.

I'll stick with mine thank you :P

post-28494-0-87498200-1434388986_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have said before that the colour grew on me while I had a Stealth one for 3 days however it isn't striking enough to tempt me away from my blue one.

It does show the cars lines nicely but it is a bit flat, maybe if it had been a bit more sparkly I may have made a different choice.

Haha only playing with you fella, it's all personal opinion, otherwise this world would be a very boaring place. Tbh I like all the colours on the ST except Race Red.

My only thing with the Tangerine Scream is it says scratch me!

• Like 1

Haha only playing with you fella, it's all personal opinion, otherwise this world would be a very boaring place. Tbh I like all the colours on the ST except Race Red.

My only thing with the Tangerine Scream is it says scratch me!

Totally agree.

Tangerine is very striking but just asks for a yob to apply his bail hostel key to it.

Mine only attracts attention from people who actually know about cars and are more likely to appreciate it rather than damage it.

I have had 3 local car clubs stick business cards under the wipers so far so must be drawing the right 'sort' .

• Like 1

Did also look at the stealth grey colour but on the ford configurater it's not showing up in colour choices

It's definitely still available

It's all fine found the stealth colour on the brochure must have not updated the configurater

Stealth is the only scheme that isn't charged as an extra.

Saw a ST in moondust silver today looked very smart with the Priv glass

• Like 1