Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice Commands

TonyEssex

To be honest the more I look at people using the voice commands the less likely I think I will be using them - unless you can request artists by name from your USB stick (thinking of buying one of those to leave in the car rather than keep removing my Nano everytime I park up)

The climate control will be set on 19C and auto (thats how I had it in the last car I had climate on and it was always just about right)

Lol it definitely works better than that! They're confusing the car by saying too many things it doesn't understand, and if you go into the wrong category like in the first one they accidentally went into "climate" you can't just say "phone" as it's trying to figure out climate commands, you have you cancel and go from the beginning. It'll be easier to understand when you can have a play yourself. But it definitely works really well :)

But is it easier or quicker than doing it manually or, a bit like the keyless start, a bit of a gimic?

But is it easier or quicker than doing it manually or, a bit like the keyless start, a bit of a gimic?

It's a bit of a gimmick for the stereo controls, to be honest but for making calls it's very useful. Once you've got some names stored as voice commands it's just a quick push of the button, "Dial name" "insert name here" You can also just tell it to redial via voice command.

The important thing is to read up about it in the manual, which they obviously didn't in those American videos and always, ALWAYS wait for the beep!

I did once set up a voice dial name that the system kept recognising as "cancel", was a bit of a pain to try and delete it!

Also, if you're speaking a number, you have to say "zero" for 0s. You can read out the number at normal talking speed and it picks it up fine. No need to pause after every number.

I tried this at the dealer and in a work car, and it tends to work better if you talk to it in a certain way. Once you get used to pronouncing 'phone' in that certain way that differentiates it from 'fan' you'll be fine :P

I've found it quite useful on mine. Only really use it for the phone features. It has it's moments but if you speak clearly nine times out of ten it'll work. Though, as mentioned above, you have to remember the 'zero' instead '0' :) Once you get a few names in the directory it's easier too.

Only use my mobile for for texting anyway so guessing thats not going to be an option!

I tried this at the dealer and in a work car, and it tends to work better if you talk to it in a certain way. Once you get used to pronouncing 'phone' in that certain way that differentiates it from 'fan' you'll be fine :P

Phone sounds nothing like fan! :lol: Although having said that, the voice control lady doesn't seem to like how I say "CD player" ...

Only use my mobile for for texting anyway so guessing thats not going to be an option!

Weren't they going to bring in text message reading/display in a new stereo update? I swear I heard that somewhere.

Weren't they going to bring in text message reading/display in a new stereo update? I swear I heard that somewhere.

Well that could be fun, especially if I ever have my mother int he car and I get one of my more 'fruity' friends sending me a message!!!!! :o :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: "cancel".....Fiesta - "not possible" :lol::lol::lol:

The worrying thing about this one is that she is sitting in the drivers seat which does kind of imply she is allowed to drive that car . . . :o :o

I thought the phone commands would be really handy but I couldn't figure out how you store a home and a mobile number for the same person - she said it was too similar. Gave up after that. Has anyone figured this out??

I thought the phone commands would be really handy but I couldn't figure out how you store a home and a mobile number for the same person - she said it was too similar. Gave up after that. Has anyone figured this out??

just give each one a different name. For example with my folks I use "parents" for their home line and "mum" or "dad" for their mobiles.

As for general use of the voice commands I have to say the phone commands get used everyday. I also make a lot of use of the "demisting on" command when I first get in and it's all steamed up. My friends play the random track game with my iPod where we take it in turns to choose a track number and then we have to listen to whatever the track may be. For this reason I have put a load of cheesy tracks on lol.

just give each one a different name. For example with my folks I use "parents" for their home line and "mum" or "dad" for their mobiles.

I thought about that but I'd forget what the different names were. Might try again as I don't think it's very safe scrolling through all the names while driving. Thanks Daz

I thought about that but I'd forget what the different names were. Might try again as I don't think it's very safe scrolling through all the names while driving. Thanks Daz

You can say 'Play directory' and it'll reel off the names you've entered.

You can say 'Play directory' and it'll reel off the names you've entered.

Oh cool - I didn't know that, although I gave up after one name :lol:

I used to use a portable Parrot handsfree and it recognised that one name had multiple entries.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: "cancel".....Fiesta - "not possible" :lol::lol::lol:

She knows! The fiesta brain knows if you haven't read the manual and will mess you up accordingly!

Phone sounds nothing like fan! :lol: Although having said that, the voice control lady doesn't seem to like how I say "CD player" ...

Well the one I sat in couldnt differenciate at first. went something like

Me: Phone

Her: Fan. fan setting please

Me: NO, Phone!

Her: Fan 4

*blasts hot air in my face*

:lol:

I am from Yorkshire and the Fiesta BlueTongue lass has no problem understanding theee or't whippet!

I only use it for the phone, which works perfect every time. In all honesty, why would I have a conversation with the car to change to Radio 1, when I can press the number 1. As I said though, the phone connection is nothing short of excellent. Good quality sound for both caller and recipient. (excpet my M button doesn't answer calls - see a previous thread).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club