Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

K&N filter is in and boy does it sound completely different. I wasn't expecting such a drastic change in sound but from inside the car it sounds like I'm running with a sports exhaust lol acceleration is a bit better, did the snorkel delete too so I'm sure thats helped quite a bit.

• Like 1

I took a video of the sound but it's not too clear, I'm sure you'll get the idea:

It's sounds a lot deeper in person, I'm starting to really like it now.

Looks like the video link can only be seen from a computer and not the app :/

1476054498196.jpg.1280fcb89d0f5a07cf87e51476054528270.thumb.jpg.b24d9c825a4e93c71476054539819.jpg.97aa2c090da277371e1da1

Pics if the filter in. Living it. Doesn't help much in the low end power but mid range power has increased slightly and that engine note is unreal :)

sounding good mate.bet it is very adictive

It is. Mpg has suffered slightly lol

• Like 1

Did you get the filter in with the 57s-4000 kit? Or did you just get the filter and fit it in the standard air box?

Did you get the filter in with the 57s-4000 kit? Or did you just get the filter and fit it in the standard air box?

I got the filter from that kit and fitted it to the standard air box.

• Like 1

The joys of an Air Filter :D. I am running the competition, BMC, and it does not have the side slot. I did not get the side slot version as I have seen some horror stories with that KN filter. Engine sound does change as well as throttle response. Easier to HT-DC. If you truly want to enjoy the car on WOT, you need to take it to the next level. Downpipe + exhaust.

I am taking things to the next level with mine in a few weeks. :).

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 8:40 AM, kpg said:

bet it has lol because I bet you are putting your foot down more to get the sound lol

• Like 1

The joys of an Air Filter :D. I am running the competition, BMC, and it does not have the side slot. I did not get the side slot version as I have seen some horror stories with that KN filter. Engine sound does change as well as throttle response. Easier to HT-DC. If you truly want to enjoy the car on WOT, you need to take it to the next level. Downpipe + exhaust.

Hopefully once I find a ZS rear bumper I'll be going for the exhaust and downpipe :)

bet it has lol because I bet you are putting your foot down more to get the sound lol

Hit the nail on the head there lol

The joys of an Air Filter :D. I am running the competition, BMC, and it does not have the side slot. I did not get the side slot version as I have seen some horror stories with that KN filter. Engine sound does change as well as throttle response. Easier to HT-DC. If you truly want to enjoy the car on WOT, you need to take it to the next level. Downpipe + exhaust. I am taking things to the next level with mine in a few weeks. :).

Hopefully once I find a ZS rear bumper I'll be going for the exhaust and downpipe :)

----------------------

I gave up on the bumper and will go for a simple setup which I will detail more in my build log :). I had a nice duplex planned but the standard rear valence for my version looks bad and I don't want to have a fashion faux pas :).

----------------------

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The joys of an Air Filter :D. I am running the competition, BMC, and it does not have the side slot. I did not get the side slot version as I have seen some horror stories with that KN filter. Engine sound does change as well as throttle response. Easier to HT-DC. If you truly want to enjoy the car on WOT, you need to take it to the next level. Downpipe + exhaust. I am taking things to the next level with mine in a few weeks. :).  

----------------------

I gave up on the bumper and will go for a simple setup which I will detail more in my build log :). I had a nice duplex planned but the standard rear valence for my version looks bad and I don't want to have a fashion faux pas :).

----------------------

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for that. It's really annoying how much ford are actually charging for that bumper section unpainted. They hardly ever come up on eBay either. That's what's holding my back now from getting the exhaust, I have the other bits of the kit so the rear just looks unfinished.

gave up on the bumper and will go for a simple setup which I will detail more in my build log :). I had a nice duplex planned but the standard rear valence for my version looks bad and I don't want to have a fashion faux pas :)

Cool, I'll keep an eye out for that. It's really annoying how much ford are actually charging for that bumper section unpainted. They hardly ever come up on eBay either. That's what's holding my back now from getting the exhaust, I have the other bits of the kit so the rear just looks unfinished :(

The quoting system on this stupid app is absolutely ridiculous for android. The app itself is horrible. Surely someone could develop it a bit further from the state it's in now. Completely unimpressed. Was much better on the iPhone, which is a dog !Removed!.

I may have asked this before but can aftermarket wheel bolts be used on OEM ford wheels? Thinking of getting blue or black one for mine to match the badges I'm about to order.

I may have asked this before but can aftermarket wheel bolts be used on OEM ford wheels? Thinking of getting blue or black one for mine to match the badges I'm about to order.

AFAIK yes, you just need to ensure you've got the correct thread and length.

What horror stories have you heard about this filter? I'm very interested as I have one fitted to my Focus 1.6 TDCI!

What horror stories have you heard about this filter? I'm very interested as I have one fitted to my Focus 1.6 TDCI!

---------------------------------------------------

There have been complaints that after a certain mileage, the filter loses its ability to restrict dirt from going into the engine. This is further amplified in zones where air is full of dust, construction related particles and plant related pollen discharge.

No air filter is perfect, I am sure that my BMC will act wonko in 10000 km but having an open slot in the airbox for bigger crap to enter will not help your filter in the long run.

That is why I did not install a box with a big hole to the side in my car :).

---------------------------------------------------

There have been complaints that after a certain mileage, the filter loses its ability to restrict dirt from going into the engine. This is further amplified in zones where air is full of dust, construction related particles and plant related pollen discharge.

No air filter is perfect, I am sure that my BMC will act wonko in 10000 km but having an open slot in the airbox for bigger crap to enter will not help your filter in the long run.

That is why I did not install a box with a big hole to the side in my car :).

Its not 'just a hole' it's actually like a small cone shape filter within the main shape. Any air being brought in will still be filtered.

I will use my computer because tapatalk has some quoting issues as of late.

I was exaggerating as it being just a hole of course. The only reason I did not get that model was the bad reviews I have seen regarding the dirt. As I have not used it or have any personal experience with it, I cannot attest the validity. I played it safe and got the BMC FB 559/08 which is recommended for the 1.5 ecoboost. No side ports or magic holes.

• Like 1

I haven't had it in for long so I can't comment on the issues either. Time will tell but I'm happy with it at the minute.

My loyalty was tested at the weekend after getting a go in a MK2 ST. Unbelievable power in that thing. I'll have to hold my tongue/wallet til next year before I can even think of changing lol

I haven't had it in for long so I can't comment on the issues either. Time will tell but I'm happy with it at the minute.

My loyalty was tested at the weekend after getting a go in a MK2 ST. Unbelievable power in that thing. I'll have to hold my tongue/wallet til next year before I can even think of changing lol

Reality hits us sometimes, doesn't it? No matter how much we modify our current rides, we realise they will still not be the ST or the RS. The hassle just to find parts is exhausting when the ST and RS has parts everywhere. Enjoy the ride and don't regret it one second. I am not :).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club