Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kpgs Mk3 Focus Titanium

kpg

5 minutes ago, kpg said:

Hmm. What year is yours ?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's September 2011 (61 reg).

It's September 2011 (61 reg).
Maybe it was taken down again. I can't even remember the code either, you mighta been able to ask them with the code.

Perhaps yours already has it and that's why it doesn't show up. The only way I could tell would be to drive yours lol

Haha, I'd be the same to be fair! As I said, the Focus def caught my eye, was even looking at it in the rearview and remembered it so clearly that when I saw this thread today I knew straight away and knew exactly where to find it from the dashcam footage!
I'm from the town so be about a good bit, but living in Omagh this past few years. Based in Letterkenny most days so part of the near-daily commute. Was keeping an eye out today on my way through but got away a bit earlier today. I used to have the dark blue kitted Mk2 Focus on here, I'm in a silver Mondeo ST now this past 3 and a bit years, DEZ plate with black bi-xenons, so keep an eye out!

@gforce pretty sure you were behind me this morning pal. From the lights at Craigavon bridge all the way to the roundabout at ONeills lol My car has changed slightly since the last time, no wrap = black again :)
  • Like 1

Just a small notion here folks.

Opinions on Mondeo TitX Sport vs Focus ST as the next car ?

The Mondeo is slightly cheaper and more roomy, same engine but has an auto box.

Baring in mind, there is a chance my family could have a small child like addition to it this year. Slim, but still a chance.

Opinions ?

Well speaking as someone with a focus (though not an st) and a small child like addition, the boot space in my mk3 is a little underwhelming compared to my old mk1.

Most pushchairs these days are built like tanks and though we've not needed a pushchair in our mk3 (our little one is 3 now!), we will need to from November this year and its going to be a tight fit.

That's not to mention anything like shopping etc.

TLDR: whatever you get, get an estate. You will appreciate the room!

• Like 1

Well speaking as someone with a focus (though not an st) and a small child like addition, the boot space in my mk3 is a little underwhelming compared to my old mk1.
Most pushchairs these days are built like tanks and though we've not needed a pushchair in our mk3 (our little one is 3 now!), we will need to from November this year and its going to be a tight fit.
That's not to mention anything like shopping etc.
TLDR: whatever you get, get an estate. You will appreciate the room!
Thanks for the input pal.

The estate FocuST is next to unavailable here in NI as is the Mondeo so either way I'll have to make a trip across the water. There's plenty of hatchback STs here but no Mondeo TitX has ever been for sale locally as far as I can see.

It makes it all that more difficult as I'd have to make a trip, to see whatever car it may be, then return home to collect/sell my car to come back over and then return home again with the new car lol

I can appreciate the difficulty you would be in...

I'm sure a Mondeo Hatch (or a saloon?) must have more boot space than the focus, but I'm going to be doing a test run soon of our pushchair (which is massive!) in the boot ready for ankle-biter #2 in November.  I'll post a pic if it helps =] 

Off-topic:  Nice tele by the way!  Which vintage?

• Like 1

I can appreciate the difficulty you would be in...
I'm sure a Mondeo Hatch (or a saloon?) must have more boot space than the focus, but I'm going to be doing a test run soon of our pushchair (which is massive!) in the boot ready for ankle-biter #2 in November.  I'll post a pic if it helps =] 
Off-topic:  Nice tele by the way!  Which vintage?
Thanks. It's a Baja Tele, mexican made so not a true thoroughbred but is a beast nonetheless. Twisted Tele neck pickup with custom 60s bridge pickup and a 4way switch.

Sounds unreal through my Vox AC15 [emoji41]

• Like 1

Here's another question folks, the car is due mot in the next few weeks. I'm having it left into my local ford dealer for pre inspection cause they're really good and reasonable.

But here's the thing, I've asked them to suss out the knocking and sqeaking coming from the suspension the last couple of times I've had the car in, it's even been noted in the print outs I was given at the time. Trouble is they've never fixed the problem and the last excuse or reason was something I can't remember. If I was to tell them to figure out what condition the shocks and top mounts are in and to replace them if necessary, what sorta cost would you expect ? Would it be unreasonable for me to ask them to do this at all ?

Hi kpg. Re your 1st question. As an owner of a tit x sport mondeo ecoboost and having had 2 mk3 focus's I can assure you for one baby/child a mk3 focus will suffice.
In my last focus I had an 8" boxed sub and I could fit my granddaughters pram a medium suitcase and a couple of fabric bags in the boot.
I've a thread on here where I posted step by step photos where one shows a full boot.
I think the thread was called My Focus Hifi upgrade or something similar.
Also in the car would be myself, the missus, her adult daughter with her 11yr old lad and baby in a car seat.
The mk3 focus is remarkably understated in its capabilities.
Now, the mk4/4.5 mondeo does have a cavernous boot. Ok I've had to take the sub out to fit a Large and a medium suitcase with a large holdall and a medium holdall a football, 3 plastic shopping bags and a folding buggy for the princess.
Yup the mondy boot was bulging.
The Mondeo is head and shoulders the best Family car. Nuff Sed.

• Like 1

To be fair I could make an Encore strat sound good through a Vox tube amp!  That's a nice box!!  

The last amp I had (having children meant giving up gigging really so a while ago) was a Marshall Valvestate AVT150.  Nice amp, very versatile, but had to replace the output stage in it twice...  After that I just went ampless with a Boss GT-8.  Loved that thing!  

Used to run a '80's Epiphone strat with some serious custom wiring (I am a bit of a beast with a soldering iron =]) and a PRS SE.  That lot went when getting a mortgage was more important lol!

• Like 1

To be fair I could make an Encore strat sound good through a Vox tube amp!  That's a nice box!!  
The last amp I had (having children meant giving up gigging really so a while ago) was a Marshall Valvestate AVT150.  Nice amp, very versatile, but had to replace the output stage in it twice...  After that I just went ampless with a Boss GT-8.  Loved that thing!  
Used to run a '80's Epiphone strat with some serious custom wiring (I am a bit of a beast with a soldering iron =]) and a PRS SE.  That lot went when getting a mortgage was more important lol!

Some very impressive gear mentioned there pal. I've been running a Tele and vox AC15 since I started playing. Although I had a crappy Marshall mg100 at the start.

I like no fuss, hence the Tele. I have two pedals only and ones a tuner lol I just like things plain and simple and loud enough to blow your balls off lol

• Like 1

Just now, kpg said:

I just like things plain and simple and loud enough to blow your balls off lol

I can tell that by your car!

I'm the other way.  The more gadgets, buttons and flashy lights it has, the happier I am!  Good luck with the garage though =]

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kpg said:

Here's another question folks, the car is due mot in the next few weeks. I'm having it left into my local ford dealer for pre inspection cause they're really good and reasonable.

But here's the thing, I've asked them to suss out the knocking and sqeaking coming from the suspension the last couple of times I've had the car in, it's even been noted in the print outs I was given at the time. Trouble is they've never fixed the problem and the last excuse or reason was something I can't remember. If I was to tell them to figure out what condition the shocks and top mounts are in and to replace them if necessary, what sorta cost would you expect ? Would it be unreasonable for me to ask them to do this at all ?

About this...didn't have the same problem, but maybe it can put some light into the matter for you...

Two years ago I asked my local Ford dealer to install the Eibach lowering springs for my Focus...and little did I know, how much this upgrade will cost me...the springs themselves were about €120,- then, brand new...now...I was going for about €100-150,- for the installation...aaaaand two days later, there I was, with €1150,- bill in my hands, lol :biggrin: (I laugh about it now, but imagine my shock back then!)

Turns out, they had to basically completely replace nearly all of my rear suspension parts, except for shocks and the whole "mount" which holds the parts on the car chasis (sorry for lack of exact part names, I don't really remember all of it and English is my second language, so it's harder to translate all of it :biggrin:)

But hey, this was on the 10years old car, yours is much younger and all the bolts and screws probably didn't rust all the way so you would have to saw them off, so you shouldn't expect the cost to be this big...

Looking back at it, the biggest mistake was to take it to Ford, if it was a local garage, I assume the bill would be much lower, maybe half of the price! Ford charges way too much even for replacement (non Ford) parts!

But then again, from what I read here, prices here in Slovakia are still lower than in UK/NI, so...

Point of all this is, that even though I wanted to only change springs, it turned out other parts needed to be chaged as well, because after removing them from the car, it was impossible to put them back on. This could happen to you too, so be aware of this :wink:

• Like 1

About this...didn't have the same problem, but maybe it can put some light into the matter for you...
Two years ago I asked my local Ford dealer to install the Eibach lowering springs for my Focus...and little did I know, how much this upgrade will cost me...the springs themselves were about €120,- then, brand new...now...I was going for about €100-150,- for the installation...aaaaand two days later, there I was, with €1150,- bill in my hands, lol biggrin.png (I laugh about it now, but imagine my shock back then!)
Turns out, they had to basically completely replace nearly all of my rear suspension parts, except for shocks and the whole "mount" which holds the parts on the car chasis (sorry for lack of exact part names, I don't really remember all of it and English is my second language, so it's harder to translate all of it biggrin.png)
But hey, this was on the 10years old car, yours is much younger and all the bolts and screws probably didn't rust all the way so you would have to saw them off, so you shouldn't expect the cost to be this big...
Looking back at it, the biggest mistake was to take it to Ford, if it was a local garage, I assume the bill would be much lower, maybe half of the price! Ford charges way too much even for replacement (non Ford) parts!
But then again, from what I read here, prices here in Slovakia are still lower than in UK/NI, so...

Point of all this is, that even though I wanted to only change springs, it turned out other parts needed to be chaged as well, because after removing them from the car, it was impossible to put them back on. This could happen to you too, so be aware of this wink.png
Hmm. I see what you're saying and thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe I am wise to just get the MOT check done and then maybe take the car locally for the mounts to be changed. Come to think about it, my uncle actually mentioned a guy he uses a while a back, might try him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kpg said:

Hmm. I see what you're saying and thanks for sharing your experience. Maybe I am wise to just get the MOT check done and then maybe take the car locally for the mounts to be changed. Come to think about it, my uncle actually mentioned a guy he uses a while a back, might try him.

This seems reasonable. I would do it this way too.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2017 at 8:28 AM, kpg said:

@gforce pretty sure you were behind me this morning pal. From the lights at Craigavon bridge all the way to the roundabout at ONeills lol My car has changed slightly since the last time, no wrap = black again :)

Wasn't me bud, but I could near guarantee it was a good friend of mine from up near Sion who does shift work in DuPont, that would have been him on the way home. That's a 2002 pre-facelift 2.0TDCi with full final facelift ST kit and pretty much every mod you can imagine on it, reg NEZ I'm guessing. You wouldn't think to look at it that it's a 15 year old 350k mile car...it is a bit like Trigger's broom at this stage mind you. He always has a handful of Mondeos about him and has a fully equipped garage...great man to know!

• Like 1

By the way, I'd fire the car through MOT and see what they say. Did this with the wife's wee Fiesta recently which had a loud knock/bang from the front right over bumps. Google was inconclusive and I didn't have the time to look at it myself, but MOT tester pointed it out (ball joints I think from memory) so took it straight to the garage after the test, replaced that evening and passed the re-test the very next morning, with no nasty noises since.

• Like 2

Washing the car today I noticed clear as day that the rear d/s is sitting a good bit lower than the rest of the car. I've taken pics but I know they aren't much good.

1503233394302.jpg

1503233407563.jpg

1503233419176.jpg

Stumped now. I'll have to get it looked at before the mot. There's definitely something not right as it bangs away but on like 2 times out of 5 say.

Blimey that looks like about an inch difference. Definitely get it looked at.

• Like 2

So I haven't had the time to get my car in and looked at yet, but I did take the back wheel off to have a look for myself. I can't see anything wrong here but maybe some of you might notice something.

1503779279108.jpg

1503779290810.jpg

1503779302979.jpg

1503779314352.jpg

1503779326356.jpg

1503779341116.jpg

1503779353326.jpg

1503779366935.jpg

1503779379524.jpg

1503779392928.jpg

1503779405535.jpg

I'll admit the pics aren't great but it's the best I could do. The only thing I noticed that could possibly be 'something' is when I pushed down on the hub/brake drum, the shock made a kinda *shump/thud* when it sprung back up. This might be normal, not sure, I couldn't compare to the other side but that sound sounded similar to the knock I get occasionally. Which seems to be coming from the top/mount for the shock.

A lot of hmm/maybe/possibly there lol But it's going in for preMOT check soon so if nothing is found there it'll be found when it's actually in for MOT.

hope you get the issue sorted out soon as from the pic there is defo some thing going on there

• Like 1

hope you get the issue sorted out soon as from the pic there is defo some thing going on there
Which on pal ?

12 minutes ago, kpg said:

Which on pal ?

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, kpg said:

Washing the car today I noticed clear as day that the rear d/s is sitting a good bit lower than the rest of the car. I've taken pics but I know they aren't much good.

1503233394302.jpg

1503233407563.jpg

1503233419176.jpg

Stumped now. I'll have to get it looked at before the mot. There's definitely something not right as it bangs away but on like 2 times out of 5 say.

sorry should have made it a bit clearer the top pic of the rear off the car as you can see it leaning to one side.

• Like 1

sorry should have made it a bit clearer the top pic of the rear off the car as you can see it leaning to one side.
No worries, I thought it might have been that one anyways. I actually think that there's a bit of a dip in my driveway as looking at it in the local Car park it's seems level enough, seems ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club