Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Windows Problem

coolrunner

My grandoughter has a r reg ka,the electric windows has developed a problem,sometimes they work and some times they dont ,i have checked the fuse but now i dont know what to look for,any help please

might be the switches or the motor. i think more likely the switches.

Sounds like the wires between the body and door has broken. Cut the rubber shielding and have a good look at the wires. Quite common thing to go. If you open the door and open window squeeze or wiggle the wires between door and body and you may find window will work when you move the wires. I doubt very much that it is the motor or switches .

• Like 1

thanks,

Sounds like the wires between the body and door has broken. Cut the rubber shielding and have a good look at the wires. Quite common thing to go. If you open the door and open window squeeze or wiggle the wires between door and body and you may find window will work when you move the wires. I doubt very much that it is the motor or switches .

yep,you are right thankyou very much

Did you sort it out cool runner and what was the fault . I put money on the wiring. I hope it was a cheap fix for you

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem.. (Along with others) My daughter has recently bought a '03 KA (mid June '15) to learn to drive in but its problems are beginning to surface already!! All was fine for a week or so but then the windows began to fail to operate intermittantly way we can and the only way we can get them to work is to open the drivers door and give the rubber housing a wiggle but this isn't guaranteed.. I cannot remove the housing, it seems stuck on.. I have removed them before on a KA at the breakers so know how to do it, this one just doesn't want to move! Also, the heaters failed totally 2 weeks ago, I have checked the fuses and they're okay. I have replaced the thermostat last week as that was leaking and the heater control valve yesterday but still no joy.. If anyone has any suggestions that'd be great.. You may have guessed that I'm of the 'fairer s*x' (and single) but am fairly competent.. To a degree (I'll regret saying that now won't I!!!) It seems to be turning into a problem car, I dearly hope not as funds are tight and the car was only £500.. Thanks in advance guys (and fellow girls)

Use a Stanley knife to cut along the rubber boot between door and car body to gain access to broken wires. On the heating problem it maybe the matrix just under the bulk head take off wipers, take off plastic trim around wipers, remove a couple of bits on plastic trim and its under there, bit fiddly, I think you need a posidrive screw driver and a meaty pair of pliers for the hose clamps, that sort that you squeeze to undo. Should be done in about 20 mins, might loose a little drop of coolant, its not easy to spot, look for 2 water hoses heading into the bulkhead, its on the end of those, roughly on centre line of car just under bottom edge of windscreen.If you do a search in Google for ka heater matrix you will find a you tube vid to show what it looks like and how to replace it. I would also make sure the system is fully bled and make sure there is no air in the system

• 5 years later...

Where the rubber hose containing the wires runs from door to body- The body side has a twist connector.

Undo this to see.

Like a multi pin connector on computers it has a screw threaded sleeve to pull the pins in tight.

These work their way loose.

Try pushing the rubber sleeve in towards the socket- pushing pins home.

If this is it you need to find a remedy.

Contact cleaner, etc. Mine seemed to have a bit of condensation inside.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club