Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting Mystery?

Steffles

I have just picked up my 64 plate facelift 1.0 ecoboost fiesta zetec and so far I'm loving it!

However.. there is an option in the menu for ambient lighting which is switched on.. I presumed this would be red (or possibly blue) footwells/glove box that sort of thing but so far I can't find anything which could be deemed to be 'ambient lighting'... anyone any ideas? Thanks.

Try it when it's dark and you'll see the difference ;)

Thanks Willy, I'll take your word for it.. been crawling around the footwells and can't see anything so far! Lol. I await nightfall with anticipation.. ;)

The ambient lighting on the Zetec will be a red strip in the slot above the above the glovebox and possibly red light above the door pockets, put you hand close to them, you may see a dim glow.

Footwell lights come on when the door is open if fitted on your model.

The ambient lighting option only controls the strip above the glovebox, the cupholders, gearstick and doors pockets are always on.

If fitted, the Zetec doesn't have the cupholders ( which I think do turn off) and might not have the lights that shine on the gearstick area.

The ambient lighting option only controls the strip above the glovebox, the cupholders, gearstick and doors pockets are always on.

Not on my ST. Turning the ambient lighting off, turns off the rest as well.

My mistake, having just checked, it controls the glovebox strip, door pockets and cup holders but not the gear stick illumination. But as mentioned above I don't think that's a feature on anything other than the ST anyway.

Thanks a lot for replies.. so far managed to find door pockets, glove box and footwells which are the main ones I was wanting.. now to start changing the footwells to blue :DB)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club