Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What New Car Should I Pick? Help?

ashleymount95

Can't decide on what should be the next upgrade from the zs! Any advise would be helpful? What's your opinion?post-51588-143518397878_thumb.jpgpost-51588-143518399584_thumb.jpgpost-51588-143518401738_thumb.jpgpost-51588-143518403778_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Z4. I dont like the A class as it looks too Focus/Astra shape. A Merc should be a saloon or estate not a hatchback.:)

Second Alex note above why no Fords? A nice focus st?

I like the Merc A class personally but the engines on offer didnt seem all that powerful if you went for a diesel. My obsession currently is a diesel Octavia VRS.

Even tho I love my fiesta now I'm just feeling something with a bit more luxury also I've all ways wanted a converable my only worry with the z4 is the running cost as only being 20 The insurance is quite a lot and the tax is £265 compare it the a class £20!

none of the above, do you realise how unreliable both makesa are?? merc mechanic lives next door and bmw mechanic 4 doors down, both say its the badge your buying and not reliability

None of those are that great.

Even tho I love my fiesta now I'm just feeling something with a bit more luxury also I've all ways wanted a converable my only worry with the z4 is the running cost as only being 20 The insurance is quite a lot and the tax is £265 compare it the a class £20!

Chap I know used to pinch his brothers Z4. Not that comfortable - he was saying it's terrible on motorways and because it's a convertible handled about as well as his old Freelander.

He drove up from Cambridge to Fleetwood and could hardly walk when he arrived.

Drove a Z4 for 2 weeks last year. The novelty factor wore off after a couple of days so on that basis the Merc is definitely the way to go

From what I have read the a class is a pretty appalling drive...

This is a Ford owner's club forum, so is going to be unsurprisingly bias, lol.

Peugeot? ;)

Whenever I see a broken down car at the roadside I make a mental note of the make. Unfortunately french cars are at the top of the list.

That's surprising, most of them here are German.

This is my fiesta now anyway!post-51588-143536135252_thumb.jpg I guess we can't all agree on what we thinks best! this is turning out to much harder then I planed!

Best bet is to spend a bit of time going round garages and trying cars to see how the drive and feel.

Then draw up a short list

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club