Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spider Tuning 30% Off Forum Code

SNC

It depends on the engine whether it needs a 2 connections or 3 connections harness is all I know.

I'm happy too put my cars on a rolling road if someone close by is offering as I'd be interested to know the exact increases.

Although I drive a 105bhp/320nm (138hp/410nm claimed with box) Alfa and I've driven a couple of 140bhp/350nm & 150bhp/380nm versions and it drives better and faster than the 140 version and just off the 150 version so I can believe the quoted figures on my engine, Had a few little races with a firends 140 version and I just beat him every time until it convinced him to get a box hiself (now claimed 180bhp & 455nm) and I can't get close again now. The boxes better power deliveries definetly helps also the torque helps alot on diesels.

Not driven the 140 ecoboost engine and it's not quite on par with the ST, but knowing my 0-60 have been 7.2-7.6 seconds is a good improvement over the 9.4-9.6 I was getting, so I'm happy with the increase and it drives much nicer.

Also I didn't really give it long enough to do a tank to tank before fitting the box to see if it goes up or down on the fiesta but it deffinetly went up tank to tank on the Giulietta. I do full tank to tank tests and take the mpg counter with a pinch of salt, before the box I was getting (all commuting to work) 610(winter)-640miles(summer) out of my 60l tank and with the box I've been getting (All commuting) 625(winter)-670miles(summer). these were during fills where I only used the car for nothing more than commuting, with bits of traffic, at no more than 70mph and no foot down (which I never do when commuting). However if I put my foot down alot and cruising at 90 I've seen less than 500miles to a tank so I also know they can improve economy.

These are my experiences and I'm impressed that I'm more than happy to recommend Spider, I'm glad to see others are enjoying them and are impressed with the increases but people will only know if I'm wrong when they try it :P What would it be like to add an OBD bluefin and a spider box lol

Bluefin + Spider = blown engine !

@ tazzman 600

The 2 harness box simply connects inline with fuel & air sensors

I know but wanted to read that from the threads OP.

Bluefin + Spider = blown engine !

I thought so lol

I remember someone on the Alfa forum had a Giulietta Cloverleaf with a spider box fitted, then got a new intercooler and exhaust system and remap after all that without removing the box and apparently was one of the first people to get their 231bhp car over the 300bhp mark on a dyno (307bhp if I remember correctly) but I don't know how long that would have lasted but some people just want perfromance, I remember he added a bigger turbo after that (from a GTV 3.0 I believe) that was like 3 years ago so I assume he has a new engine by now lol

I know but wanted to read that from the threads OP.

Why me? I wouldn't have known I've told you what I know :P

Yeah my fault SNC. I meant the guy with the focus. Sorry

Yeah my fault SNC. I meant the guy with the focus. Sorry

No problem I believe its catnash and madmole who I'm aware of with Focus's and the Performance Packs you want :)

Ok. Thing is about fitting tuning boxes to euro 5 engines and above is that performance gains are slight. That's because of the ECU and other factors. This has come from a most trusted tuning box designer / maker. However pre euro 5 engines then tuning boxes are great. That's why I'm so sceptical about 40 bhp gains. That to me is unbelievable and I'll only change my mind with a proven before and after rolling road test.

I've never heard of Spider boxes but I will research them with interest. You enjoy your Alfa pal. ☺

Cheers, I had a 2.0 BMW 1 series (for a short while through work) so when I moved on I thought I needed something similar to that myself so I looked at 1 series', Golf's and A3's then I thought I would try the Alfa as it just looked so much better and I have been in love with it ever since. Even if the fiesta is now quicker and more fun to fling about it just doesn't come close to the Alfa in the way it makes you feel to drive (none of the other cars did to be honest).

Well, my insurance company only accepts up to 20% increase so im eitger going to seel it or get it restricted to max 20% fast road 2. Kindly spider can down tune it till my insurance is up.

Well, my insurance company only accepts up to 20% increase so im eitger going to seel it or get it restricted to max 20% fast road 2. Kindly spider can down tune it till my insurance is up.

Wow who are you with? my insurances haven't even asked how much it increases they just asked is it classed as an engine chip, I said yep and they said £20 more to add it to my policy for the Giulietta and it was £5 for my Fiesta.

As a matter of interest SNC. What engine is in your Alfa as I'm not aufait with Alfa. What is the euro rating? What is standard bhp and ft/lb figures?

It's a 1.6 105bhp 236ft/lbs diesel Giulietta, it's 2012 (62) so I believe it's Euro 5b? i can't remember if it's just euro 5a or 5b.

You've just reminded me my 3 years warranty is up soon that's when it's about to have it's first wobbler lol

Mmmmm so you've had about a 33 bhp hike. That sounds feasible on a euro 5 engine. Hope your car doesn't throw a wobbler lol.

You and me both :P

Will it be even harder with the new euro 6 engines? how will they affect things?

Don't know bout euro 6 effects with tuning boxes. Me thinks to tune them would either be remaps or something thru the OBD port. I'm gonna go Celtic Tuning thru the OBD port on my focus. C T are trusted by thousands.

Don't know bout euro 6 effects with tuning boxes. Me thinks to tune them would either be remaps or something thru the OBD port. I'm gonna go Celtic Tuning thru the OBD port on my focus. C T are trusted by thousands.

Yep a number of people used them on the Alfa Forum with great happy results :)

Wow who are you with? my insurances haven't even asked how much it increases they just asked is it classed as an engine chip, I said yep and they said £20 more to add it to my policy for the Giulietta and it was £5 for my Fiesta.

Direct line.

Mine is the 1.6L duratorque CR TC (115PS) DV6 Euro 5 engine and is performing very well indeed on the Spider chip

A noticeable chunk of extra torque and power, MUCH smoother and much freer to rev and rise through the rev range. having owned another lighter car at 162 BHP (Dyno'ed) Id say this wasn't far off the figures quoted by Spider (and pretty similar to those quoted by by other tuners. Also in independent tests on the web the Spider has always been at or near the top. Its reverse polarity protection, voltage stabilisation and spike absorption a testement to the care and build quality of the product, especially when compared to a lot of the £100-£200 plug in boxes that are a single chip and board (Some are even a single resistor!), yes it wont be as perfect as a rolling road tune, but its not far off, its adjustable (including OFF), can relearn and removable

I actually prefer Race 3 and 4 on the Spider as they aren't as hard hitting as the Race and are more day to day drivable. I've no reason to doubt the Spider figures on RACE. The Race just revs up too fast and you are limited by how fast you can get through the 6 speed box. Even ECO is better than standard

Whole thing makes it feel like a 1.6 petrol in the way it drives

Indicated Fuel economy has risen a lot, but I haven't put enough through yet to know if that's real of just reflective of the fuel pressure and manifold pressures the Spider is telling the ECU are now there. Certainly the first half a tank went through on the expected mileage despite me taking it for many short blats to test out the chip. Will need a longer motorway cruise to really tell

SNC, I thought you said you were with Admiral? I'm with them now and they only allow 26% :/

I am with admiral, I was originally with diamond and when I got the Fiesta they moves me to admiral for the multi car. Diamond just asked was it an engine tuning chip not for a percentage and Admiral just asked does my original car still have the tuning box and I said yep and my Fiesta will have one too and they said it would cost me an extra £5 to add the second box to the policy.

I'll likely be sticking with admiral as it cost me almost less to insure the two cars than what some places offered me for one car.

• Like 1

That's lucky haha, good price too! I've been quoted £99 for the 26% increase, with about 6 months until renewal

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first full tank on the spider chip, been set at Fast Road 3 for nearly all of it, and have been moaned at by the wife for accelerating away too fast everytime, Its set a new record for distance from full to light on (drum roll)

720 Miles!!!!!!!

thats more than 150 miles more than normal. Light was on and puter said there was 60 miles left, but only managed to get 42.61 liters in so there was as normal around 10 litres (2 gallons) still in there. so probably could have got nearly another 100 out of her

So not only does the Spider make the whole car more drivable and fun it also saves you fuel, big time!, oh and engine is soo much smoother now than before

Don't hesitate order them while the discount code still works

http://dieseltuning.co.uk/

S

• Like 2

Thats impressive results there Madmole :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one now who's found these boxes not only to be a great performance boost but also get more miles out of a tank with it attached, like I said I'm not going to pretend I know exactly how they do it but they just seem to work.

Keep enjoying it and my wife said the same at first then she drove it and loved it that she's got one in hers haha

I just worked that out, that's an average of 70 mpg!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club