Do Not Sell My Personal Information

There Was A Very Overgrown Lane...

Mental_Atom

... And I had to pass someone close to the side and this happened! Kinda annoying :(

post-54954-143552729593_thumb.jpgpost-54954-143552730335_thumb.jpgpost-54954-143552731137_thumb.jpgpost-54954-143552731968_thumb.jpg

So naturally, being the detailing addict I am I took the excuse to finally buy a machine polisher, and I should get the chance to polish them out next weekend once it's arrived :D

This is why I don't take mine down lanes

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

This is why I don't take mine down lanes

It wasn't by choice really... Main road was closed by some massive accident so it was this way, staying where I was, or a 20-30 mins extra long route that I don't know that well in the dark :(

I'll definitely avoid lanes in future now though!

Been thinking about getting a DA polisher for some scratches I've collected already.

Which one are you going for and have you used one before?

Be interested to see your results, cheers.

I use Shields 110W Orbital Polisher, has been working for years and still very easy to find replacement pads, was cheap to

Been thinking about getting a DA polisher for some scratches I've collected already.

Which one are you going for and have you used one before?

Be interested to see your results, cheers.

I've ordered the DAS-6 PRO from CleanYourCar... I'll update this thread with the results once I've had at it! (probs the weekend)

• Like 1

I'll stop rather than drive against the hedges & trees.

I'll stop rather than drive against the hedges & trees.

Yeah I was following someone so I'd have got lost if I'd stopped! All the circumstances conspired against me! At least I can fix it though :D

I've ordered the DAS-6 PRO from CleanYourCar... I'll update this thread with the results once I've had at it! (probs the weekend)

Cheers that looks good, might get the same. Out of interest which pads did you get with it?

not to derail this thread, but what's on your head in the first photo?

not to derail this thread, but what's on your head in the first photo?

Lol! Nothing it must have been something else reflecting... Hadn't noticed that haha

Cheers that looks good, might get the same. Out of interest which pads did you get with it?

I ordered a hex logic orange (for ultimate compound), white (for ultimate Polish) and black (for wax). I'll probably get more but that's enough for starters

Although the scratches look quite bad in the pics, as long as they haven't penetrated the clear coat and you can't really catch your nails on them they should polish out.

I would use my DAS6 Pro and megs 205 with a white hexlogic pad first. If this removes them then happy days :)

If not then megs 105 with an orange hexlogic pad should do the trick followed up with 205 on a white pad to refine.

Check out the junkman videos on youtube or detailing world. Technique goes a long way when it comes to polishing and these videos helped me out a lot when it came to remove the pesky swirls on my black paint inflicted by the previous owner/dealer :D

Although the scratches look quite bad in the pics, as long as they haven't penetrated the clear coat and you can't really catch your nails on them they should polish out.

I would use my DAS6 Pro and megs 205 with a white hexlogic pad first. If this removes them then happy days :)

If not then megs 105 with an orange hexlogic pad should do the trick followed up with 205 on a white pad to refine.

Check out the junkman videos on youtube or detailing world. Technique goes a long way when it comes to polishing and these videos helped me out a lot when it came to remove the pesky swirls on my black paint inflicted by the previous owner/dealer :D

I'll go for the white pad with Ultimate compound and if it doesn't work I'll move up to the orange one for a bit more cut. What speeds do you use for polishing/compounding on the DA?

Speed 5 to remove the scratches followed by speed 3 for polishing.

You can use Autoglym SRP or something similar on a black pad at speed 3 for the final polish before applying wax.

Speed 5 to remove the scratches followed by speed 3 for polishing.

You can use Autoglym SRP or something similar on a black pad at speed 3 for the final polish before applying wax.

I'll probably use the orange pad with UC just for the scratches on 5, then do the whole area (and maybe the rest of the car, it has some minor marks) with the white pad and UP on 3 to get it nice and shiny again, then I was gonna wax with the black one as it has no cut? UP is meant to be a pre-wax Polish so that's the plan... Speed 1/2 for the waxing with the black one?

Sound okay? Just based on what I've got so far that's probably the best way of working out!

So uh, it's gone!

Took about 2 and a half hours just to do the side of the car lol but it's beautiful again ;D

post-54954-143600631875_thumb.jpg

DA is weird to begin with but it's not hard if you're sensible... As a lot of people say, the only way you can damage a car with a DA is to turn it over and bash it with it! :P

Nice one. Looks good. Did you stick to your approach re pads and speed etc.. ?

Nice one. Looks good. Did you stick to your approach re pads and speed etc.. ?

Yeah, so I did the orange pad with UC on speed 5 on that side of the car so the scratch was gone (honestly there's still a tiny bit left but you need to know where to look and have eagle eyes!)

Then went over that area again with the ultimate polish and it came up lovely! I was gonna polish the rest of the car but it's really hot and most of the other panels were too hot to work on so I've left it for today.

Also, as much as I wash carefully I have quite a few minor swirl marks on the roof/bonnet so I think I'll pick up some poorboys black hole to use with the DA to cover those up (I don't want to polish too much, the paint is probably quite thin). They're very shallow but the roof just seems to accumulate them! Ultimate polish isn't quite enough to remove them it seems so poorboys should cover them up :)

Cheers for the info. Think I'll invest in one.

Cheers for the info. Think I'll invest in one.

It's really not as hard as you would think - Suprisingly tiring though. Watch this whole series of videos... I watched them all, followed the technique, and the results are wonderful :) (also, the guy is hilarious)

Wow! Looking very good, nice & shiny, a job well done :)

2 and a half hours just for one side sounds about right using a DA. It's better to take your time & not rush it for best results.

I would've thought you could use the same method to remove the swirls on your roof & bonnet though. As long as you continue to use careful washing methods it shouldn't be necessary to compound again once done.

I'm no expert, but I managed to remove all the swirls from my (now previous) car's black paint, and after a year of countless washes was unable to see any newly inflicted marks even in bright sunshine.

Gotta love the junkman videos, he's quite funny, but also explains it very well. Without them I doubt I would've taken the plunge into machine polishing.

I just picked up a 2nd hand White ST today and although it looks OK from a distance closer inspection in the sunshine revealed swirl marks all over, which I expected to be honest.

Can't wait to get my polisher on it to get the shine back B)

Wow! Looking very good, nice & shiny, a job well done :)

2 and a half hours just for one side sounds about right using a DA. It's better to take your time & not rush it for best results.

I would've thought you could use the same method to remove the swirls on your roof & bonnet though. As long as you continue to use careful washing methods it shouldn't be necessary to compound again once done.

I'm no expert, but I managed to remove all the swirls from my (now previous) car's black paint, and after a year of countless washes was unable to see any newly inflicted marks even in bright sunshine.

Gotta love the junkman videos, he's quite funny, but also explains it very well. Without them I doubt I would've taken the plunge into machine polishing.

I just picked up a 2nd hand White ST today and although it looks OK from a distance closer inspection in the sunshine revealed swirl marks all over, which I expected to be honest.

Can't wait to get my polisher on it to get the shine back B)

I do wash carefully but I still seem to get swirls... Im just dubios about compounding the whole car because there's only so many times you cab get away with that!

They're only very minor swirls visible in direct sunlight (and not everywhere) so I might go for something like swirlX as it's not so aggressive... At the end of the day you can never avoid swirls entirely!

Also, I think some of the swirls today might just be slight watermarking due to the hot weather, I'll do a wash when it's cooler to get a better picture!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club