Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Management light

Braders

Hi, my engine management light has come on again, ive had the codes read at kwikfit and come up with 3 fault codes :unsure: :(

they are as follows

B1600 - PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal is Not Received

P1538 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open

P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1) -------- i rung ford gates and they told me "knock sensors" dont exist on a ST170 :S

i havent got the slightest clue what any of these do on a car lol, if anyone can describe what they do and how they can be fixed would be great!

its a Focus ST170

thanks

Hi, my engine management light has come on again, ive had the codes read at kwikfit and come up with 3 fault codes :unsure: :(

they are as follows

B1600 - PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal is Not Received

P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1) -------- i rung ford gates and they told me "knock sensors" dont exist on a ST170 :S

i havent got the slightest clue what any of these do on a car lol, if anyone can describe what they do and how they can be fixed would be great!

its a Focus ST170

thanks

did they clear the codes? some of them could be codes that have not been cleared from the past. clearing them will let you see if the problem still exists.

did they clear the codes? some of them could be codes that have not been cleared from the past. clearing them will let you see if the problem still exists.

Yeah the last time the light was on they cleared the error codes, last time it was the lambda sensor but now got 3 error codes...helppppppp lol

Yeah the last time the light was on they cleared the error codes, last time it was the lambda sensor but now got 3 error codes...helppppppp lol

hmm...i think i remember the lambda sensor... did i by any chance give you a link to one on online automotive?

anyway...

problem with error codes is they can we very vague...

if the knock sensor is faulty it can cause problems with acceleration, like hesitation and lack of power.

only problem is..if ford say it doesnt have one... im not familiar with this engine so i cant help. what year is the car?

if it does have a knock sensor the attached image should help. the red dot is the knock sensor.

post-3200-1251499944_thumb.jpg

hmm...i think i remember the lambda sensor... did i by any chance give you a link to one on online automotive?

anyway...

problem with error codes is they can we very vague...

if the knock sensor is faulty it can cause problems with acceleration, like hesitation and lack of power.

only problem is..if ford say it doesnt have one... im not familiar with this engine so i cant help. what year is the car?

if it does have a knock sensor the attached image should help. the red dot is the knock sensor.

you may of done actually lol, its a 54 plate so around late 2004 early 2005 but the car hasnt been right latley, if the car is sittin at about 2000rpm and i floor it, it stuggles too pick up, once its above about 4-5000 rpm it does go. the car seems sluggish latley :( ....ford told me that the knock sensor doesnt exist on a st170 but it does on the RS. i double checked the error codes and compared them on the internet and yes the st170 does have a knock sensor, i was lookin at some website some bloke has made about the ST170 and he has every ford part number for the car and it gives you a knock sensor, why would ford supply a knock sensor for a ST170 if it doesnt exist on the car :S:S

you may of done actually lol, its a 54 plate so around late 2004 early 2005 but the car hasnt been right latley, if the car is sittin at about 2000rpm and i floor it, it stuggles too pick up, once its above about 4-5000 rpm it does go. the car seems sluggish latley :( ....ford told me that the knock sensor doesnt exist on a st170 but it does on the RS. i double checked the error codes and compared them on the internet and yes the st170 does have a knock sensor, i was lookin at some website some bloke has made about the ST170 and he has every ford part number for the car and it gives you a knock sensor, why would ford supply a knock sensor for a ST170 if it doesnt exist on the car :S:S

has a knock sensor cause it has variable cam timing

has a knock sensor cause it has variable cam timing

where is the knock sensor exactly? i wanna av a look lol

i have been readin up on the internet and apparently knock sensor failures can lead to internal engine damage that cant be repairable :blink: :o :(

great!!! lol

i got one of the faults sorted: B1600 - PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal is Not Received

so now got to deal with 2 these 2 !Removed!!!!

P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1)

thing is im very low on cash lately (thanks to credit crunch! :angry: )

otherwise i would just tell fords too look at it and fix it regardless of how much, but unfortunatly cant do that no more

so if anyone has the slightest clue or advice please by all means comment!

thanks people

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club