Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best Android Phone To Get.

jace1969

So i have linked my old Samsung s2 up to the car and all fine i was looking at a newer model

android based phone.....price range is £150 to £200 max and not a tablet lol size around 4.5''.

I like my S2 screen size or slight bigger,think screen on S2 is 4.3''.

Looked at S4 and S5 mini only online.

Thanks

The best Android phone at that price is the Moto G

• Like 1

Will look at that,can get S5 mini for about £170 so was going towards that.

S5 Mini should be a good choice. I went from an S3 to S6 and it's amazing...so much better than the equivalent iPhone.

Moto G is a budget phone, can be had for under £100.

That's not to say it isn't good for the money, but as you have a bigger budget, you can afford better ones.

So far it's the S5 mini what i have had a look at,what are the size of these and are they a good phone.

One site online says 5.1'' and other says 4.8'', 5'' would be spot on for me as coming from my S2.

I have also looked at the S4 mini being a smaller phone,i never play games just text/calls/apps.

Recomend a HTC One M8/m9

S6 beats the M8 and M9 for a similar price.

S6 beats the M8 and M9 for a similar price.

I've used both & I'd say in terms of usability & design I prefer the HTC. came straight from IOS so not biased either

Thats just me being fussy and complaining about ltle things! Haha :)

The thing is every other person has had a Samsung so it's just the best one to choose.

Like the build of the HTC but never used one.

The thing is it got to be better and faster than my S2 but i don't want a massive phone.

4.3'' to max 5'' will do me.

My S2 still get some amazing reviews and still old and so fast,read a lot of reviews.

So far.........Read a lot about....

.S4 mini,think its duel sim and good price £80 area but is it no better than S2 just newer.

S5 mini i would say is my best choice upto now as it's a lot newer and kitkat firmware etc.

All your feedback on here is great,not a lot under 5'' screen these days.

Having had three HTC's, I've just switched to a Galaxy S6. I still have an HTC One for work and can honestly say the S6 wipes the floor with it. The Wife has an iPhone5 and cannot wait to change it for the S6 too.

• Like 2

I was going to suggest the same thing, although a new one is due out at some point which might be worth waiting for. Annoyingly the current Moto G doesn't come with Android 5 out of the box, even though the new Moto E does. I've had the original Moto E for just over a year and it's been great for a £80 phone, only issue is it soon runs out of space if you install lots of apps and a few games.

Will look at that,can get S5 mini for about £170 so was going towards that.

Looks like that has slightly better specs than the Moto G, but one advantage the Motorola phones have is a bare Android OS, no unnecessary extra stuff on top that will slow it down. I wouldn't be surprised if the Moto G has better battery life.

I'd look at reviews for all phones in your budget, sites like Techradar are great for this sort of thing.

• Like 1

Yes mate true,i looked and like techradar and other onesbut going off my S2,even side by side on youtube

there aint a lot of change in the speed just slight.

Another thing with these android or just my S2,how to stop the slide show when people send you MMS as

its just a picture.

Having had three HTC's, I've just switched to a Galaxy S6. I still have an HTC One for work and can honestly say the S6 wipes the floor with it. The Wife has an iPhone5 and cannot wait to change it for the S6 too.

Glad you feel the same way, I absolutely love mine, I got it on launch day so it was very exciting when it came.

My mum is nearly at the end of her iPhone 5 contract, she's enjoyed it but doesn't think the 6 is a big enough upgrade to warrant the extra cash. She wants a note 4 next!

Can someone answer this,is it only on older android phones where you need apps to make things better.

I get a pic and it's a slide show of 10sec and they say get an app to solve it,i don't want loads of apps eating the battery.

Its a few things at the moment so until i solve this knowing the S4mini and S5 mini don't do this its my iPhone 5 again.

Also i get a better bluetooth signal in the car from the iPhone than my S2,S2 is quiet and not as clear on hands free.

Like i said a few things to solve or until i know newer ones are better as i said above.

Well the S2 is over 4 years old now, I don't have any of those problems with my S6.

Well the S2 is over 4 years old now, I don't have any of those problems with my S6.

I used the S2 for a few weeks and great,it's all set up now with my spare sim in it.

If i know if anyone had these problem with the S4 mini as if it's ok on this one the S5 should be ok.

A lot say about it on the S3 ones.

bluetooth seems fine when pairing my dads S3 mini to the Range Rover.

On the bluetooth side it pairs up easy and works but say i have volume on radio set at 7,when

i call off bluetooth it's like it's at 5 a lot lower so i have to turn it up,iphone it stops loud and like reception

aint as good,say clear.

If i can sort this picture thing / slide show when i get MMS which i hate i will go to a newer android 5 mini i think.

If anyone can confirm on the s4 and s5 mini that when you recieve a picture MMS it aint a 10s

video clip,think it will be lollipop and the new KitKat firmware should of sorted it.

Edited by jace1969

Can someone answer this,is it only on older android phones where you need apps to make things better.

I get a pic and it's a slide show of 10sec and they say get an app to solve it,i don't want loads of apps eating the battery.

That sounds like a bit of the "unnecessary extra stuff" I mentioned that some manufacturers put on top of the Android UI just so they can claim they have more features. I don't know how you would fix that but hopefully it's not too hard to find out if new phones have this "feature".

That sounds like a bit of the "unnecessary extra stuff" I mentioned that some manufacturers put on top of the Android UI just so they can claim they have more features. I don't know how you would fix that but hopefully it's not too hard to find out if new phones have this "feature".

Yes mate a pain but i put a app called ''TEXTRA' in and replaced it with my std text one and A1 and more options.

Have put a topic on here about the locked apps as i did have 4 but a few shops say there is 3 on a locked screen.

I deleted one and can't get anpther one back,anyway on the other topic about it.

Been told the Samsung ALPHA is good.

I have a galaxy note 3 you wouldn't like it it's I'd say 6.5" screen haha fits in pocket ok but don't put your keys or a smoke box in with it fits alone this is what annoyed me about it I only have it for another 3 months till I can upgrade its a brilliant phone does everything really good for games and has a special function called knox I don't know if its on any other galaxy prob is but handy for storing sensitive data in knox as its password protected. So my only problem with it now Is the aux slot is broken and makes the music through ear phones sound distorted good battery life aswell as you'd expect a Samsung to have not like its enemy the iPhone

MySaga C2, Landvo L900 - both phones that rank in at about Samsung S3/S4 for performance, and cost around £70

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club