Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dripping.

SimonSimps

Can anyone tell me if this is dripping because we have been using the air con. Its been dripping all morning.

ThankThanks

post-61444-0-76534700-1435752592_thumb.j

post-61444-0-87708900-1435752628_thumb.j

• Like 1

Air con water drain, normal when humid outside,

• Like 2

Thank you for the reply. The misses is in Birmingham and was panicking. I couldn't check what it was.

• Like 1

Yeah definitely drain from air con.

• Like 2

Ah very grateful for the replies cheers

• Like 1

Guess she wouldn't have gone for the smell it or taste it options? Lol

• Like 3

I doubt it lol. She doesn't even know how to open the bonnet to check the coolant 😁 😄

• Like 1

Tell her the car's having a wee ;)

• Like 4

That's not the aircon drain that's the plug in the pass footwell going by the wet mark aircon drains on the drivers side not pass side

• Like 3

As arthur points out its a footwell bung where its leaking, but think we all wrong on this one. Lol

I didnt pay to much atention to photos to be honest, but now lookig again, that photo shows the o/s/r of underside as you can see the fuel pipes in photo and they run o/s.

So either air con drain pipe detatched inside and water running to rear and out poor fitting bung or could even be pipe off rear washers may be depending on routing of pipe( dont know routing of washer pipe)

• Like 2

Only noticed as it drains on the drivers side and is usually a bit more forward the drain is behind the kick panel towards the clutch drivers side IDE start pulling the carpet up as enough water can cause the bung to dislodge and dissapear as you're driving . It can be popped out to drain any water then siliconed back into place

• Like 2

Yeah I agree with the two previous posts, apologies as I also didn't pay enough attention (as always in most things) to the photos.

• Like 1

Looked at another focus underneath to realise where the photo was taken.

Thanks for the replies again. I will have a look tonight when she gets home. I didn't bother the other night as I thought it was just the aircon drain off.

I have been putting a lot of screenwash in so maybe its the pipe that feeds the rear window. I thought she has been squirting it for fun :D

• Like 1

Classy bird you got then squirting. Lol

• Like 2

Steady on tiger :wub: :P :D

• Like 2

You guys were right. Just had a look and the carpet under the drivers side mat is soaked. That bung is more under the back seat than the front but the back carpet is dry.

I moved the drivers seat all the way forward and put my hand down where the vent comes through the carpet and its wet under there also.

Our screen wash is bright pink but the water dripping out seems to be clear. The coolant is red and is on maximum still and has not moved from the pencil line I put on there.

You cannot see the washer bottle as it's in the wheel arch so how can I see if that is draining ? I guess the carpets will have to come out to see what pipes are under there. Joy oh joy. 4 and a half hour drive tomorrow camping too lol.

Thanks for the info everyone.

• Like 1

Remove the drivers side kick panel/to left of clutch pedal and check the aircon drain, will see if I got a picture somewhere so you see what to look for.

• Like 1

Thanks Ian, I have just been looking about possible problems including bulkhead mastic, ac drain off clogged and windscreen sealant missing.

• Like 1

Sounds like the aircon drain

post-59356-0-79821100-1436006317_thumb.jpost-59356-0-39409600-1436006379_thumb.jpost-59356-0-30698000-1436006677_thumb.j

thisvis c max but pipes in same place behind the panel shown, check both ends of pipe are clipped in correctly and rectify if not

• Like 2

Thanks for the pictures Ian. I will have a go at that when I get home. The car made it to camping fine. That will be my job next Saturday.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies again. I will have a look tonight when she gets home. I didn't bother the other night as I thought it was just the aircon drain off.

I have been putting a lot of screenwash in so maybe its the pipe that feeds the rear window. I thought she has been squirting it for fun :D

The rear window washer pipe runs up the drivers A pillar along the roof lining to the boot door when it gets inside the car,

IMG_20150623_110542_zps7ehcj3kj_edit_143

Pollen filter housings are known to leak, also check the loom housing grommet on the front passenger door.

Not sure where it enters on the drivers side though

:lol: LMFAO!!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks also Lenny. Will be having a look this weekend. Just got back from camping.

• Like 1

Thanks also Lenny. Will be having a look this weekend. Just got back from camping.

no prob,

I've always wanted to go camping,

Closest i ever got was sleeping in the focus for three consecutive nights in Febuary in the middle of nowhere with a 12v electric blanket and work each day,

It was an experience :lol:

IMG_20150319_185450_zpsy3mzr2yi.jpg

IMG_20150319_185604_zpsxyqoaznn.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club