Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Oil Pressure Warning Fiesta 1.0 62 Plate

ampthetex

My wife told me this warning flashed up on way home from work?, Its about 32 degrees her today would that affect it, or maybe needs a top up.

Thanks in advance

I dont think weather would affect it. As above id check the oil level using the dipstick.

Hi Mate, I checked the oil level and its half way between the two notches on the dipstick, she said she stalled it , then it come on sort of thing, More worrying now though, is I looked underneath for oil leaks and seen something dripping when I jacked car up and put cardboard its water, and seems to drip from heat sheild where mid section of exhaust is, I think it has some sort of link to AC, do you think its leaking or is this normal?

I had something similar weeks back when it stalled. I think it's linked to the stalk more than anything else. If it's got oil in then it's fine.

The air con does create water when warm so nothing to worry about there.

Thanks everyone :)

To add my thoughts:

If the car was stalled then the oil pump will stop causing a warning if the ignition is still on - nothing to worry about as long as oil level is fine and there are no warnings when engine is actually running.

Water is almost certainly from the aircon - very noticeable when its humid and quite normal.

This might sound silly but when the message showed up was she previously parked on a steep hill or a road with a curve. My old mans Peugeot used to get a oil level warning when has was parked on a road that curved but I noticed it only happened after being parked there for a while.

The car was going up a bit of an incline, and she stalled it, allowing someone out of a sideroad. So I think that caused the error, it has never come on any other time.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was learning to drive in my mums 1.0 ecoboost fiesta I stalled it and it came up with the same thing it's nothing to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 4 months later...

My mates fiesta 1.0 ecoboost 2013 plate.came up with oil pressure low on dash and oil light flashing.

changed oil and filter but still same and engine rattle.

Anyone know what problem could be.

nothing on diagnostics machine

Low oil pressure warning and a rattle, I would stop driving it immediately until it's looked at. Sounds like it does indeed have low oil pressure - perhaps a faulty pump.

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Hi,

im a little confused, as I start my engine up first thing on a morning I have a warning message telling me my oil pressure is low, I’ve filled it up but first thing on turning the car on it still keeps giving me this message.

now it’s only when the car has been out of use for a good 5 hours or more when I’m getting this message, if I turn the engine off and back on it doesn’t do it. It’s only the once after the car has rested. I haven’t got a leak as I can see nothing under the car after it’s rested all night. Anyone got any ideas?

this car was bought at car place almost a year ago on finance and I’m still paying it off for the next two years so I’m hoping it’s nothing too serious.

I have seen this many times on fiesta and focus forum with the problem caused by the oil strainer mesh being blocked up with granules of rubber from the decaying wet timing belt. A few people have wrecked the engine because they did not resolve this soon enough. I know it’s not easy to check as the sump has to come off to see.

• Like 1

See this 

which has some pictures and can show you what happens if it is a blocked oil strainer. It might not be that, but keeping your fingers crossed and not investigating can be costly(new engine)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pamie said:

I have a warning message telling me my oil pressure is low,

Low oil pressure is about as serious as it gets as a warning. If you contine to drive and ignor the warning then you and your engine will be saying goodbye forever.

These engines can go from fully working to a pile of scrap metal in less than five minutes when oil pressure fails, so you need to get it investigated now. It could be that the oil strainer mesh is being blocked by bits of rubber from the wet timing belt as Isetta has said. Then of course that brings up the even bigger worry of the condition of the wet timing belt, when is it due to be changed ?

The other posibility is that the oil pump is starting to fail, there have been a few on this forum that have suffered oil pump failure which began with low oil pressure when the enging was first started.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pamie said:

im a little confused, as I start my engine up first thing on a morning I have a warning message telling me my oil pressure is low, I’ve filled it up but first thing on turning the car on it still keeps giving me this message.

When was it last serviced? Might just be the case of a clogged oil filter.

You say you filled it up, yet you also said there's no leaks. So you've either overfilled the oil, or you have a leak or it's burning. It doesn't just disappear.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club