Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door seals

BrianL

I have an 04 plate 1.6 diesel cmax zetec fitted with cvt transmission which has done 39,000 miles. Until recently everything was ok. However about a month ago both front doors started squeaking quite badly when travelling at low speeds.

A friend has just purchased an 06 plate 1.8 petrol which has done about 9,000 miles. His doors started squeaking badly just after he had purchased from main dealer. Despite the dealer fitting new door seals the noise returned after a few days.

The squeak appears to be coming not from the main door seals but from the seal running along the top of the door. If you press the door from the outside it is quite 'squeaky'. Any ideas on a permanent solution?

Brian

• 2 months later...

Why is it that every Ford that people own on here seems to have some sort of problem? Seriously, people. I mean, you might as well rename this place to 'Broken Down, Written Off Fords Club.' Buy Vauxhall, at least when they break down they have a fan club with enough people to help you.

• 5 weeks later...

This Colin Ford guy sounds like a bit of an !Removed! hole if you ask me. If you wanna !Removed! fords, then do it in a vauxhall club.... !Removed!!

• 2 months later...
I have an 04 plate 1.6 diesel cmax zetec fitted with cvt transmission which has done 39,000 miles. Until recently everything was ok. However about a month ago both front doors started squeaking quite badly when travelling at low speeds.

A friend has just purchased an 06 plate 1.8 petrol which has done about 9,000 miles. His doors started squeaking badly just after he had purchased from main dealer. Despite the dealer fitting new door seals the noise returned after a few days.

The squeak appears to be coming not from the main door seals but from the seal running along the top of the door. If you press the door from the outside it is quite 'squeaky'. Any ideas on a permanent solution?

Brian

it is the top of the seals rubbing against the body what you need is some teflon tape and stick it on the body from front door to the back door make sure there is no silicone on the seals if so remove with silicone remover the roll of tape is avaliable at any bmw dealership as they have the same problem with the 5 series and that is the fix

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that has ever worked for me (and others) is Einszett Gummi Pflege. Its a cream that you rub into the felt and rubber door seals at the top of the door and apparently as used by Audi who also suffer from creaking.

I see that its now sold in stick form on eBay. I tried everything else but this stuff just works as if by magic.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...336ba06ffaea0dc

Regards,

Chris

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club