Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accident + Keying = Respray?

TomGB

I don't have any pictures right now to show however this Saturday my car had the drivers side panel scraped and heavily dented due to a Bulgarian woman turning way to early reversing out in a car park. My car was also heavily keyed that night with down to metal/primer scratches on all panels.

I was thinking about respraying my car but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/tips of the best way doing it.

I'm not going to claim on insurance because this is my first year driving and my insurance renews on the 16th of july.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

A picture would help, but I can perhaps pre-warn you that a repair may not be as cheap as you first thought...

I recently had someone do the same to my car. Stupid girl doesn't know the art of reversing into spaces (as you are taught to when you learn to drive), so she simply drove in forwards and then crashed into mine when reversing out. Please, people, reverse into spaces, not out of them!

It was difficult to capture the damage in the light due to the fact my car was recently cleaned, but here is a photo of most of the damage caused:

post-61429-0-20139300-1436126641_thumb.j

Luckily, she left a note and her father, consequently, agreed to pay for the damage outside of insurance (else I would have put a lovely claim on his 17 year old daughter's insurance, with no delay!). However, the following had to be done:

• Repair and respray to passenger door
  • Repair and respray to front left wing
  • Respray (blending) to left side skirt
  • Respray (blending) to front bumper)
  • Alloy refurbishment
  • New tyre (something caught it and caused a small tear)

Including a hire car for five days (£100), the total cost of the repair was just under £940. The work was completed by the same place my car would have been repaired by had a claim gone through my insurance.

Just something to help with comparison!

Mines similar although it looks a lot worse in person.

At the scene she admitted liability but my phone voice recording app didn't catch it and I'd probably need video+audio recording for sufficient evidence. I spoke to her on the phone today and she said it was both our faults and she wouldn't take liability.

yVsdUzi.jpg

A suction puller off eBay will pull most of that dent out, and T-cut will get most of the scuff out. To stop the key scratches from rusting get a paint pen. Not the greatest but will at least hide some of it.

Mines similar although it looks a lot worse in person.

At the scene she admitted liability but my phone voice recording app didn't catch it and I'd probably need video+audio recording for sufficient evidence. I spoke to her on the phone today and she said it was both our faults and she wouldn't take liability.

what? were you parked when this happened? how could she say it was both yours and her fault?