Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Component

jakus

post-66908-0-29785100-1436119221_thumb.jHi I am new to this forum so please bare with me. I have a 2006 ford focus 1,6 TDCI and recently stripped the engine down to repair the damage caused by the common turbo failure. The car is now back together and after several attempts at starting it naturally and by 'easy start' finally started it by towing it in second gear until it started. It now starts normal but has no power what so ever. with my foot to the floor the revs creep up very slowly all injectors are working and there is no misfiring. I have attached a photo of something like a sensor, but it has no cables its attatched to some sort of thin hose. i dont know whether this has anything do to with it, its the only thing not connected to anything in the whole engine bay.

thanks in advance

thanks in advance

Could this part be a mass air flow sensor?

Also just tryin to help here mate your engine sufferd turbo failure,

Have you had the oil sump cleaned out and the turbo oil feed pipe replaced?

If not this turbo will soon blow too,

Mate of mine blew three turbos in two months due to the root cause not being rectified.

Also on a side note have you blanked your EGR valve?

I recommend blanking see guide:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42915-guide-fitting-egr-blanking-plate-16tdci-engine/

And upgrade induction filter see guide: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

Have you got an OBD scanner to check for errors?

Hi Leonard thanks for the reply

I too thought that it could be air flow sensor but i cant find where it went i'm completely baffled to be honest.

and yeah cleaned the sump, replaced oil pickup replaced both oil feed pipes + banjo bolts cleaned EGR valve though not blanked it. replaces injector seals cleaned out air intake maifold as that too had carbon deposits. i have used an OBD scanner not a very expensive one which showed no faults.

To be honest once its running correctly i'm going to sell it and buy a petrol variant as i cant trust this not to happen again it took me long time to do it myself and alot of money in parts i dont want to go through it all again.

• Like 1

Hi Leonard thanks for the reply

I too thought that it could be air flow sensor but i cant find where it went i'm completely baffled to be honest.

and yeah cleaned the sump, replaced oil pickup replaced both oil feed pipes + banjo bolts cleaned EGR valve though not blanked it. replaces injector seals cleaned out air intake maifold as that too had carbon deposits. i have used an OBD scanner not a very expensive one which showed no faults.

To be honest once its running correctly i'm going to sell it and buy a petrol variant as i cant trust this not to happen again it took me long time to do it myself and alot of money in parts i dont want to go through it all again.

I fully understand and i dont disagree with you mate,

I bought mine from new and was unaware of the 1.6tdci common issues,

Since learning though,

Ive gutted dpf and remapped ecu, blanked egr, fitted 2.5" exhaust oil catch tank in breather and upgrade induction filter,

Use wynne's engine flush on every service,

Alot of investment to prevent failure, id go out to mine and picture the maf sensor etc.

But ive currently got a hip fracture, hopfully someone can help you further with diagnosis to the part.

*Moving to focus club*

Bump,

Anyone know the part pictured in first post guys?

get some other pictures putting it in to context, where does it go, I cant see anything like it around where your showing it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply, i have decided on selling the car as it is as i have literally no more money to put into it and i need a car asap, how much you think i could for it in the following condition. its a 56 plate with 70000 miles 1.6 tdci.

the car starts first time no problem but the turbo isn't boosting leaving the throttle very sluggish and limiting it at 3000rpm. There IS oil to the turbo as we took the outlet pipe off the turbo to make sure. I think it's a pressure problem but not 100% also the rocker gasket needs doing as it's !I need to stop swearing! oil. Not driveable due to the oil leak..

i think that is a vacuum pipe 12A188D ;

D011253411.gif

• Like 1

That picture could be worth around 6 grand :)

• Like 2

in the back of the engine as i remember is vacuum "splitter" as i remember,i dont want to make a mistake .

that pipes is related to 9E882, 9E882 controlls the boost of the turbo wastegate.

i will take a look at my engine and take a picture.

cheers

• Like 2

Nice one ELEV. Any idea where it goes?

Spoke to a good friend on Twitter last night regarding this pipe,

His names David, he's a master technician at Peugeot Ireland,

Tweet: @Daithimbanner

Since this 1.6TDCi is a Peugeot engine i linked him t9 the thread.

He says its definitely the feed that goes in to turbo control solenoid,

Thanks very much David.

so if one end connects to the turbo control solenoid, where does the end in the picture sit?

Spoke to a good friend on Twitter last night regarding this pipe,

His names David, he's a master technician at Peugeot Ireland,

Tweet: @Daithimbanner

Since this 1.6TDCi is a Peugeot engine i linked him t9 the thread.

He says its definitely the feed that goes in to turbo control solenoid,

Thanks very much David.

so if one end connects to the turbo control solenoid, where does the end in the picture sit?

Maybe join twitter and talk to dave mate
  • Like 1

mine is just sitting behind the fuel rail, looks like a breather, perhaps to allow air to escape fuel pump

Awesome. Thanks everybody for your your help