Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford focus titanium 1.8 :)

alcock

hi, iam turning 17 soon and will be driving my mum's ford focus titanium 1.8 the new 2008 model and being 17 i like music but the thing is the audio jack is in the glove box and what a stupid idea that is. What i want to do is run a wire from the glove box and out through the air condition vents under the window is this possible ?

or is there audio components (red and white connection) on the back on the stereo if so how do i get the stereo out.

I want to but my ipod classic in a holder that stinks on the windows like a tomtom so i can just change the song easy but without some daft wire trailling across the car.

So is it possible to bring a wire through the air vents from the glove box jack or the components on the back of the stereo many thanks :)

You lucky kid, my mum havent long bought me a 1.8 tdci for when i turn 17, but i got the mk2. But they go like stink :P

Because i've spent a grand on ice so far i know a bit about wiring that car now :lol:

Get the glove box out, theres a few torque screws under caps there, and at the back there should be holes in which you can run the wire through. But what i would do is run the wire underneath the stereo, just in front of the gear stick in that little hole where you put your phone, so your ipod is out of the way, funny enough i have a classic too(talk about dajavu), but then you'll need two sets of ford stereo keys to get the stereo out, which you can get on eBay for about a pound a piece. Then undo a couple of torque screws to get the hole fascia off, then jus run the wire through and just repeat it in reverse order and bobs your uncle. If you still want it on the windscreen though you'll probably end up having to drill through things(and you dont really want that).

But because i've got a amp, sub, extra Speakers, a dvd and monitors to wire up, i wanted a better stereo so i got a sony xplod stereo which is made for ipod, so i run the connector in front of the gear stick, like i advised you. It is out of the way there and much tidier than having a wire coming through one of the vents. If you want any more help or any pictures to show you what i mean, dont be afraid to ask. I've done just about anything imaginable to my car so far, so anything, and i mean anything, you need help with or want to see what i've done to give you ideas, just ask ;)

BTW, you got petrol or diesel?

Hope this helps ;)

Tom

You lucky kid, my mum havent long bought me a 1.8 tdci for when i turn 17, but i got the mk2. But they go like stink :P

Because i've spent a grand on ice so far i know a bit about wiring that car now :lol:

Get the glove box out, theres a few torque screws under caps there, and at the back there should be holes in which you can run the wire through. But what i would do is run the wire underneath the stereo, just in front of the gear stick in that little hole where you put your phone, so your ipod is out of the way, funny enough i have a classic too(talk about dajavu), but then you'll need two sets of ford stereo keys to get the stereo out, which you can get on ebay for about a pound a piece. Then undo a couple of torque screws to get the hole fascia off, then jus run the wire through and just repeat it in reverse order and bobs your uncle. If you still want it on the windscreen though you'll probably end up having to drill through things(and you dont really want that).

But because i've got a amp, sub, extra speakers, a dvd and monitors to wire up, i wanted a better stereo so i got a sony xplod stereo which is made for ipod, so i run the connector in front of the gear stick, like i advised you. It is out of the way there and much tidier than having a wire coming through one of the vents. If you want any more help or any pictures to show you what i mean, dont be afraid to ask. I've done just about anything imaginable to my car so far, so anything, and i mean anything, you need help with or want to see what i've done to give you ideas, just ask ;)

BTW, you got petrol or diesel?

Hope this helps ;)

Tom

thanks for your info mate that will help me alot :D i will do that . . yep kinda lucky but its a disability car so i get put on the insurance for free :) i only have to pay £450 excess cant wait to drive it . . i have got the petrol mate you on diesel ?

how is it for you ? like the acceleration and speed cuz my mum doesnt really push the car to see what it can do . . thats is weird lol but the classic is best with 80gb to fill or more becasue there's no cd's then lying around and taking up space

thanks adam

thanks for your info mate that will help me alot :D i will do that . . yep kinda lucky but its a disability car so i get put on the insurance for free :) i only have to pay £450 excess cant wait to drive it . . i have got the petrol mate you on diesel ?

how is it for you ? like the acceleration and speed cuz my mum doesnt really push the car to see what it can do . . thats is weird lol but the classic is best with 80gb to fill or more becasue there's no cd's then lying around and taking up space

thanks adam

Yeah no probs mate ;)

yeah i got the diesel, and believe me they go like f**k. Especially when i chip mine, it'll beat the 2 litre focus :lol:

Mines £2000 for insurance aswell :angry:

And i wouldn be worryin bout any lil benders in their 1 litre corsas tryna race you anyway :lol: you'll kill them in 1st when their maxed out :lol:

Any thing else you wan help with jus give me a shout, i should be puttin st stripes on mine tommoro aswell if you wanna kno a cheap place to get them, or cheap places to get anythin really ;)

Cheers

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi just joind the forum, ive had my mk1 focus for over a year now and have spent wayyy to much on sound system's lmao trust me mate do as little as possible and once something has come off it never ever goes back on the same. i've learned this the hard and expensive way and justto add to the beating corsa's hes right focus's rule :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club