Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dead Radio Display

CarlowFocus

Hello there I am looking for some help with my Radio/CD unit in my 2009 Focus Titanium , the stereo worked fine for the three weeks since I've had the car , but yesterday when I turned on the A/C the time function on the radio went weird and then stopped displaying altogether. the etis build sheet is ( sorry can't make it smaller) Would anyone have any ideas where to start looking. I've tried the fuses which had no effect!

• Blue Tooth Interface Connect

• Low Level With Nav/CD/AM/FM Radio

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum,

Firstly since you only have the car a few weeks; id like to confirm there are two fuse boards,

One in the engine bay and one under the glove box in the passenger footwell,

The headunit is a 15A located in F112 in the passenger footwell fuse board.

Second thing:

The A/C consumes alot of power from the battery,

The stereo is on the same ignition live supply so it could be a case of low battery,

Halfords will give your battery a health check for five euro,

If your battery is in need of replacing i recommend fitting a "Bosch S4 007" nice straight swap upgrade

However if it was a battery drain; the headunit would be fine the next time you started the engine, :/

Alternativly you may like to view my Guide on changing to an aftermarket headunit if the existing one is kaput

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/63689-guide-fitting-aftermarket-headunit-mk25-focus-2008-2011/

Lenny , thanks a million for the reply. My guess is that it's dead! Very unfortunate it happened the day the import duty was due on the car though!

Oddly I had the same issue last week! Got in the car and just nothing from the stereo, drove around and pressed buttons with no effect.

Pulled 2 fuses (it says which 2 in the handbook), both looked intact but dirty, stuck them back in and its worked fine since!! :D

• Like 1

Lenny , thanks a million for the reply. My guess is that it's dead! Very unfortunate it happened the day the import duty was due on the car though!

Ouch,

Parcelmotel.com will help you import a replacement from eBay uk,

Just ensure the replacement if sticking with ford; that its from a post 2008 focus

Not a pre 2008 and not from a Mondeo because although identical on apperance, the software is very different and dont work,

Best way to ensure its from a focus is to google the subject and find out the part number differences,

Sellers will say its from a focus just to get it sold,

Theres specific part numbers only way to be sure. Or go for aftermarket.

No pressure here im just linking what ive saw,

This 6000CD Headunit has just came up for sale on the forum mate,

Its from a facelift Focus link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/72934-positive-stereo-postfor-a-change-from-me/#entry502868

May be of interest

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club