Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Paint Code Red Zetec S

Cargill85
聽Share

Hi, I'm looking to buy a chip/scratch repair kit. Looking at my vin no. Etc, the paint code as I read it is 'zc' (car is red). I've searched (a lot) and it's not on database for my year and a different colour all together on other models. Could it be wrong on vin? Someone please point me in the right direction.... Thx Graham il add photo if in doubt.....

This is the offending head scratch.... 馃槙馃槙馃槙

Thanks, coming up as race red. I would still like to make sense of my paint code though....

The first letter is the colour code and the second one is the year that that particular colour was rolled out.

To clarify- Race Red has been available before your car model was introduced but may have been a slightly different shade.

The roll out year allows paint shops to more accurately match the rest of the car without excessive blending or buffing.

Of course any natural fading of paint will still cause subtle differences.

• Like 1

OK thx, but I can't find my particular code 'Z C' unless I'm reading my vin no. wrong?

• 5 years later...

Having exactly the same problem with the same paint code. Cant get a straight answer or even an answer at all on any forum.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club