Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Is That 'random Removed Posts Thread'???

Ianb

Keeps cropping up in my feed on participated threads, but I can't view it :/

Trés confuzzled! - French for 'wtf is going on'...

• Like 1

It is used by us forum staff for cleaning up odd posts.

So if you double post or ask for something to be deleted it will be moved to there.

Means we can recover it much easier than if it was just deleted.

It is in a hidden forum though, hence why you cannot access it.

• Like 2

Surely it shouldn't show up in our participated threads anymore then?

I will raise the issue with management to see if there are any permissions or settings they can tweak, however, it may just be a quirk of the forum software.

• Like 1

Oh ok, I'm not actually that bothered with it showing up, I turn the notifications on my phone off anyway, it's just I saw it once before and was going to ask about it but I forgot...

Either way, don't go out of your way to solve it appearing in the feed for my sake, I'm sure there are more important things to do haha :)

Strange that shouldn't be showing.... Can anyone send me a screen shot of where they are seeing it and I will take a look?

• Like 1

I think that without removing all thread contributors Follow preference it won't work.

Problem with this is all followers of the remaining original thread will be unsubscribed too.

• Like 1

Strange that shouldn't be showing.... Can anyone send me a screen shot of where they are seeing it and I will take a look?

Hi James, screen shot as requested. As I said, it's not actually a big deal now I know it's not something I'm supposed to access, I can ignore it :) so don't worry about it for my sake...

post-30230-143711909199_thumb.jpg

I just checked it out and 3 followers were in the removed posts thread, so I have removed it, you guys shouldnt see it anymore :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club