Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drove For The 1st Time Today- Few Issues I've Noticed.

hardmonkeys

Been out for the first time in the focus since getting it, i finally got the logbook so taxed and insured it yesterday. Issues I've found are as follows

1: blower (Heater) fans don't work at all, not had chance to look at anything to fix this, but thought fuse or maybe the resistor pack, if not will look at trying a new motor

2: the central locking is very intermittent on unlocking with the key on drivers door, I've not got the remote key and only 1 non genuine key. Unlocks all doors fine when used on passenger door, but only unlocks the drivers door and only sometimes all doors when used on drivers. Also I found when driving the car the locking mechanism clicked randomly as if it's trying to unlock the doors.

3: now this one I think is an error by my sister, the front wiper on the drivers side is the smaller of the two? It leaves a line wher it clears in the drivers eye line, is this correct?

Thanks

I think the wipers should be the other way round cannot help with the rest

• Like 1

Small blade to the passenger side, large one on drivers side.

Locking system sounds like a faulty drivers door locking module.

I would also sort out some decent keys, having just one non oem key is risky if it breaks or gets lost.

Heating system- check fuses first then if not that I'd get a garage on it.

The resistor would only mean no heat so I'd say a deeper electrical fault than that.

Reading the original message again- two stage locking via the drivers door is normal.

First turn unlocks drivers door only and second turn unlocks others (anti-hijack system).

One turn to lock is standard locking, two turns sets the deadlocks (indicators flash on deadlock).

Thank you! Will look into this at the weekend, I'm also looking at some genuine keys for definite.

Do not go to Ford unless you feel inclined to part with all your money.

I'd ring around a few local auto locksmiths for quotes and go from there.

• Like 1

Do not go to Ford unless you feel inclined to part with all your money.

I'd ring around a few local auto locksmiths for quotes and go from there.

Yep, i agree with this haha! Will have a gander soon

I've also noticed, that every time the ignition is turned on, the re circulation light comes on? Never seen this before, any ideas

Normal setting if the vent is set to windscreen and fans turned on.

Nothing to worry about at all.

• Like 1

Thank you. I've never noticed that on my dads previous Focus' but saying that, it's. It something you notice when you're a passenger is it

Thanks again mate

• Like 1

Actually I've just had a look again, the light only comes on when it's set for the front dash vent. Strange? Or not