Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Bounces To The Right When Going Over Bumps Or Indents In The Road

joe_1906

Hi, only joined tonight due to just buying an (04 c-max 2.0TDCi) and having a rather bizarre issue.

Car drives pretty good except for when I go over bumps, ridges, uneven road, the back end of the car jolts slightly to the right as I go over these bumps/ridges/uneven road.

I cant see anything obvious underneath. And ive had a mechanic have a brief look at it, and he said the shocks seem fine, springs are fairly new and its had new rear arms recently.

Now, I know its impossible to diagnose over the internet, but if anyone could maybe shed some light on this or give some ideas, that would be grand!

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Check the likes of the alignment if the rear wheel is out it could be dragging the car over. Alternatively check for accident damage, make sure the frame isn't warped

• Like 1

How would one check if the frame is warped?
Do you know if the 'toe' is out at the back, could this be a possible cause of the issue?

Thanks for your reply buddy.

Appreciated

Ive checked for accident damage and cant see any apparent damage or repairs.

When I accelerate, the car does pull to the right a bit.

If it's pulling to the right that will be alignment. If there is a former cat write off marker it could indicate the frame is likely buckled but if it's always pulling then a full alignment balance check is in order.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club