Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Alarm

mcwoop

I have the Ford Kuga Titanium 2012 model Auto but when I put the gear shift in reverse a alarm buzzers. My guess it's to warn the driver that we are in reverse, but I already know this, after all I put it in the reverse position. The question is, how do I disconnect this function, the noise is really irritating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is designed as a test mode so you have confidence that it's functioning properly.

You can mute it a bit by locating the buzzer and sticking some blu-tac over the hole.

On my previous car I had sensors fitted and because I routinely had dogs in the back the fitter put the buzzer in behind the A pillar trim pretty much right by my ear.

After a couple of weeks being nearly deafened by it the blu-tac came into play and muffled it by a good 50-60%.

Test mode, great thanks, did not think of that, I would have thought it's a warning like one would find in a truck that had a reverse alarm fitted. Any idea where this buzzer is located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way to find it is with engine off but ignition at position II put the car into reverse with something behind the car to cause the sensors to activate (road cone, chair etc).

Open the boot and doors and have a good listen around until you locate the buzzer.

Tbh it's most likely in the boot behind one of the side trims (usual location).