Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedometer Replacement / Unplug

Phen0mable

Can I simply replace speedometer without any computer confusion, mileage loss or other problems ??
My indicator "click" is gone and I found out that this click comes from speedometer itself. There is small speaker installed inside. I'm not sure if I can simply disconnect speedometer and take it apart without any problems with computer etc. I took speedometer out I then realised that cable socket is secured and hard to pull out. I think it maybe because I can't just simply disconnect it.
I've spoken with ford electrician at my local ford service and he said that if indicators work then relay is OK and for "click" sound when indicating I need to investigate.
I'm not quiet sure what will happen when I simply disconnect speedo..

Has anyone of you done it before ??

You can remove the cluster with no problems except that the car won't start without it.

Send the cluster to these people and they'll fix it for you -

http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repair/make/ford

If you were to swap the cluster with a replacement one you will need someone with access to an IDS module to pair the cluster to the immobiliser system on the car or else it won't start.

• Like 1

Thanks. I'll take the cluster out and make sure that the fault I have is really down to speaker .. I don't want to spend small fortune for nothing ;-)

• Like 1

Just noticed there that the warning sound for the head lamps being left on when you open the drivers door isn't working either

It's all from the same piezo electric sounder on the cluster board.

• Like 1

That's a good news because I can get a this speaker from other cluster :-)

I got my cluster apart and it start to click and beep :D
Unfortunately after few seconds it died again .. I believe that piezoelectric sounder is OK .. I need to contact service to test and fix my IC

Has to be a loose connection somewhere.

I did fiddle around with cables I found behind IC .. Do you have in mind some particularly place ?

I managed to get hold of another IC and everything works .. I didn't try to start the engine once I spot that mileage is not mine but all controls, beeps, clicks etc works just fine .. Looks like my IC is faulty and I need to send it to London for repair .. Thank you Stoney871 for interest and link to that company ..

• Like 1

Keep us updated on progress.

Glad to help :)

I will. Once I get it back from repair I'll tell you how much they charged me and if they managed to fix it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club