Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen washer fluid

MichellefromEssex

9 months and ive still not had to top mine up :lol::lol::lol:

Blimey Michelle - that's impressive. :o I don't know if we have more flies up north (no jokes please!) but I seem to be forever having to clean my windscreen. Need to top up the washer bottle at least every fortnight! :huh: Do you have any 'magic dust' that covers your windscreen?

I sometimes feel like inventing some sort of extra large 'tear-off strips' like the F1 drivers use on their helmets. (Couldn't really remove them while driving on the motorway though - imagine a giant sheet of plastic wrapping itself around an unsuspecting motorcyclist!) :blink:

I dont know why, Max cleans the car every week and I when I do use it I only do one squirt at a time, I agree though it seems like its lasted forever lol, oh and I am someone who has to have a perfect spotless clear windscreen at all times when driving, ive even been known to ask people to clean their windows when I am a passenger lol.

What window washer fluid do people add to the water? I used to buy cheap washer fluid on my old car. I haven't topped up mine yet, but with the cold wet weather soon upon us, that will change. My wipers seen to leave a film on the window on the down stroke, which is getter a bit annoying. I dont know if thats the wipers fault or the window wash?.

Must admit with my last car - its annual service was when the washer bottle got topped up - not sure I would have known how to do it myself as I know it involved taking some panel off of or something like that - Mind you, I guess only doing 3,000 miles per year . . . .

I went through a phase of topping it up every two weeks until I decided to spray rainex on the windscreen. It just let's those annoying trickles of rain slide away :)

I went through a phase of topping it up every two weeks until I decided to spray rainex on the windscreen. It just let's those annoying trickles of rain slide away :)

Is it that easy then

I guess having the heated screen must help too especially for those cold winter mornings when you can use the frost and wipers to clean off the whole screen?

Is it that easy then

I guess having the heated screen must help too especially for those cold winter mornings when you can use the frost and wipers to clean off the whole screen?

Yeah the heated windscreen helps. I'm not sure how or if rainex is applied professionally, but we have bottles of it at work, and I just sray and wipe it on the next time I'm at work after I've cleaned the car. Seems to do the job. It seems to get rid of that annoying lul you get when the rain starts but only just, and turning the wipers on only smears the rain across the screen.

I dont know why, Max cleans the car every week and I when I do use it I only do one squirt at a time, I agree though it seems like its lasted forever lol, oh and I am someone who has to have a perfect spotless clear windscreen at all times when driving, ive even been known to ask people to clean their windows when I am a passenger lol.

Me too - if a fly commits suicide right in front of my eye-level, I can't rest until it's been washed off completely. I just find grubby screens a bit of a distraction - I need a perfectly clean screen. (That's why, in one of my earlier threads, I asked about people's experiences with the wire elements in the QuickClear heated windscreens. I was worried in case they would be distracting in any way, as I'm used to looking through perfectly clear glass).

found out tonight that max cleans our car with something that makes water run off quicker, so thats probably why water marks dont stick out so much on the windscreen, I recon I must clean my windscreen 2 to 3 times a week with the washer jet, and I went through a winter with road salt spray etc - strange, maybe I have a 10 gallon tank or something lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club