Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I now have my car

Reel105

Hey gang

Just picked up my car. Wow. Seriously, wow.

The general info:

1.25 Style+ 5dr

Ocean Blue

Extras

Spare Wheel

15" 5x2 alloys

Had 10 miles on the clock when I picked it up. Many thanks to the kind chap that waved me out of the cramped parking space - that was single-handedly the most tense driving experience in my life (at this point I should note that I once got to drive a F430 around a race track!).

The two mile drive to work was incredibly smooth. Can't find a single dislike yet.

One thing I should mention - the alloys look stunning! I had a bit of a dilemma over which ones to get and eventually went for the 15's because I didn't fancy paying extra for lower profile tyres. Really liked the look of them in the brochure but it just doesn't do them justice. When I saw them in the flesh they looked great. I haven't seen many about - I guess it's because by the time you pay the extra for those alloys you may as well have bought a Zetec (I didn't because of the leather).

So I'm at work now. I'll have some trips to do later (I've told nobody I was getting a new car - I just spent the last 6 weeks complaining that my old one was breaking) and I'll need to pay those (ahem) nice chaps at the DVLA a visit to get a road tax refund and sent off the ownership form for my old car. After that I'll get a few snaps and get them uploaded.

Well worth the wait. :)

Hey gang

Just picked up my car. Wow. Seriously, wow.

The general info:

1.25 Style+ 5dr

Ocean Blue

Extras

Spare Wheel

15" 5x2 Alloys

Had 10 miles on the clock when I picked it up. Many thanks to the kind chap that waved me out of the cramped parking space - that was single-handedly the most tense driving experience in my life (at this point I should note that I once got to drive a F430 around a race track!).

The two mile drive to work was incredibly smooth. Can't find a single dislike yet.

One thing I should mention - the alloys look stunning! I had a bit of a dilemma over which ones to get and eventually went for the 15's because I didn't fancy paying extra for lower profile tyres. Really liked the look of them in the brochure but it just doesn't do them justice. When I saw them in the flesh they looked great. I haven't seen many about - I guess it's because by the time you pay the extra for those alloys you may as well have bought a Zetec (I didn't because of the leather).

So I'm at work now. I'll have some trips to do later (I've told nobody I was getting a new car - I just spent the last 6 weeks complaining that my old one was breaking) and I'll need to pay those (ahem) nice chaps at the DVLA a visit to get a road tax refund and sent off the ownership form for my old car. After that I'll get a few snaps and get them uploaded.

Well worth the wait. :)

Excellent news - you must be so happy. Glad to see another one of the 'waiting gang' have finally got their motor.

It sounds like a lovely car - can't wait to see some photos.

Happy motoring.

Sarc.

Way to go - another happy fiesta owner - still waiting on my call to say mine has arrived at the dealers!

Because of the leather? What do you mean by that?

Also, which alloys have you got? Do you have any pictures?

I'm vegan so I don't want any leather in the car. The Zetec (which I was originally going to buy) has the leather steering wheel and gearstick.

I got the 15" 5x2 alloys. I took a few snaps on my lunch break so I'll upload them tonight. Here's a pic of the wheels - really doesn't do them justice. http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fiesta_200..._wheel_1056.htm

As for the waiting time it was about 5 weeks. I should stress that mine was already in the Valencia factory when I ordered (they had the model and colour I wanted so I didn't have to wait for it to be built) and the alloys were added at the dealership.

I'm vegan so I don't want any leather in the car. The Zetec (which I was originally going to buy) has the leather steering wheel and gearstick.

I'm sure we all respect your decision. It's a shame Ford don't offer a non-leather steering wheel/gearstick option for anyone, like yourself, who would like a higher-spec model.

I got the 15" 5x2 alloys. I took a few snaps on my lunch break so I'll upload them tonight. Here's a pic of the wheels - really doesn't do them justice. http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/fiesta_200..._wheel_1056.htm

As for the waiting time it was about 5 weeks. I should stress that mine was already in the Valencia factory when I ordered (they had the model and colour I wanted so I didn't have to wait for it to be built) and the alloys were added at the dealership.

Well hope you are going to be very happy with your purchase Reel105 - have to say that just 5 weeks is making me jealous!!

With regard to the steering wheel and gear knob - could you not have got them to transfer it to a lower spec car so you did nto have it on yours or wold the fact they had been made for your car have been the crux of the matter?

Thanks again all!

To be honest I'm not too bothered about losing out on the Zetec. Customising a model would have increased the waiting time and I wasn't blessed with the gift of patience so that was a no go.

The only thing I'll really miss are the front fogs. I definitely wanted alloys so that why I added them. Not a huge fan of the chrome trim so I'm not too bummed about missing that. Really pleased with the model I've got. I quite like that the alloys don't seem to be too common.

It would be nice if there were more vegan options but the sad fact is that the market just isn't big enough. Can't really blame Ford - at the end of the day they see leather accessories as a selling point so they feature them in their cars because they think that's what customers want and, in most cases, they're right. I'm just in the minority and there's not a great deal that can be done about that.

That said, absolutely ecstatic about the car.

I'm just in the minority and there's not a great deal that can be done about that.

I love chromatic/flip paint jobs and you can't get those either - Guess I am in the minority where that is concerned . . . .

Would the dealer not swap the steering wheel for you? A colleague of mine bought a Vauxhall Tigra last year (she's not vegan but is vegetarian and won't touch / wear leather), all of which have leather steering wheels and to get the sale the dealers swapped the steering wheel with a non-leather one from another car (either Corsa or Astra I think).

Cheers for those pics, now I'm not so jealous of other colours! Thought I'd picked the wrong colour (same as you), now I know otherwise...

I have been waiting all afternoon for those pics, it's the same colour as i have ordered and i was starting to get worried that i hadn't seen any on the road.

Well it look great, I should have mine by the end of the month, can't wait.

Thats a lovely looking car you got there Reel105 - I am so jealous (well till mine is delivered of course)

Thanks for the comments all.

Yeah, I haven't seen many Ocean Blue's either. I think I've only ever saw one other than my own.

One question - does anyone else's petrol seem to come on really early? The gauge reckons I've got about a quarter of a tank but the petrol light has come out (along with that little warning sound every time it appears).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club