Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alexp999's Mk3.5 Focus St-3 Ecoboost

alexp999

There isn't one . . . :)

Aye, to hell with fuel consumption.

It's an ST, nuff said !!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got my dash cam fitted, will try to get a better picture when it's not raining.

post-17010-0-98399900-1452357030_thumb.j

• Like 2

Interesting, front only? Which cam is it? Hard wired in? Seriously considering fitting one myself to my mk1 focus...

Yeah front only, it's the Street Guardian SG9665GC:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Street-Guardian-SG9665GC-Supercapacitor-DashCam/dp/B018KX0LYI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452361995&sr=8-1&keywords=sg9665gc

Basically same casing as the B40 A118x cameras but with a better sensor, lens, CPU, GPS, support, etc. (Hence the difference in price).

It is half hard wired at the moment, the cable is hidden right until the passenger's footwell where it is currently loose for me to plug in to the 12v/cig socket.

Clive is making me one of his hardwire "kits", so I will hide it all completely behind the glovebox and wire it to an ignition switched live when I get it.

• Like 1

Interesting. It looks like it is quite discreet from the outside? Any chance of some exterior pics when its daylight and not raining? :)

Yeah I'll grab some from the outside, I did try and take one, but with low light and rain, you can't see it at all (although that was the idea with where I placed it).

Yeah I'll grab some from the outside, I did try and take one, but with low light and rain, you can't see it at all (although that was the idea with where I placed it).

It looks promising for me! Does it look like it would be easy to remove, then reinstall to another car? Can't see on the link whether it has an auto detect feature to automatically save the last recording in the event of an impact (G-force sensor)?

It's a set and forget camera, it comes with string to remove the bracket and a few spare sticky pads, but it is designed to be used on one car and only come off if you need a new windscreen or get a new car.

It is not hot swappable, but then that is what I wanted, as I don't like the big ugly suction mounts.

And yeah it has a g-sensor to auto lock recordings.

It's a set and forget camera, it comes with string to remove the bracket and a few spare sticky pads, but it is designed to be used on one car and only come off if you need a new windscreen or get a new car.

It is not hot swappable, but then that is what I wanted, as I don't like the big ugly suction mounts.

And yeah it has a g-sensor to auto lock recordings.

Only wanted to remove it if I got a new windscreen or car so it sounds exactly what I am after! Going to measure up and maybe make a template of it to try it in place on my windscreen I think.

Is the screen always on? Or can it be turned off even while its recording?

Has a screensaver timeout. I have mine on the min 15s.

I cut the cable shroud down a bit as I wanted to mount it closer to the top of the screen.

• Like 1

Just FYI the European distributor is putting the price back up to normal tomorrow for the amazon listing as it was on sale to kick start the sales on amazon.

He's said he can offer discounts based on recommendations though so Pm me if you want his details for getting a discount off the full price on it.

Only 2 months late, but here are the promised pics! :)

post-17010-0-91542000-1452436837_thumb.j post-17010-0-03403900-1452436842_thumb.j post-17010-0-10833400-1452436850_thumb.j post-17010-0-19866600-1452436856_thumb.j post-17010-0-71652400-1452436860_thumb.j post-17010-0-97973000-1452436864_thumb.j post-17010-0-47780000-1452436869_thumb.j post-17010-0-22710200-1452436873_thumb.j

Also a couple of the new dashcam:

post-17010-0-38076800-1452436829_thumb.j post-17010-0-80725700-1452436845_thumb.j

• Like 4

having seen quite a few near misses lately plus blatently stupid driving iam definitly going to get a camera

I dont have a lot of money to spend however

Jamie

Nothing wrong with the more basic B40 A118C for the money, it is just as discrete if you want something cheaper as it uses the same casing.

Thanks mate :-)

do you know any good stores or discount codes

Jamie

Only 2 months late, but here are the promised pics! :)

attachicon.gifDSC_0060.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0062.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0163.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0164.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0167.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0170.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0171.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0174.JPG

Also a couple of the new dashcam:

attachicon.gifDSC_0057.JPG attachicon.gifDSC_0162.JPG

That looks Awesome , leaves the RCZ in its shadows. Does the cam have rear cam?

Yunii

Was just flicking through the driver display menus this morning, wasn't expecting to see this!

attachicon.gifDSC_0144m.JPG

I've not even been driving with that in mind, although I have noticed I don't have to push the ST as hard around town as my old car, simply because it has enough low down grunt to make good progress, it is like driving a diesel again.

I will take some more pics of the car as soon as I can, weather has been awful and car is a bit dirty for a photoshoot at the moment, lol.

Is this menu available on all models? I have a zetec s and i was struggling to find it ??

Dont know if im going blind or its not on some models! Haha

It will be on yours.

I think it's in the average MPG one. It says ford eco mode with a little arrow at the bottom that let's you go down another menu level.

Forgot to post this pic I took the other day when I did the others:

post-17010-0-71379200-1452514022_thumb.j

Nice! Is that an accurate 27mpg when you work it out at the pump too?

You've really made the mk3.5 grow on me recently with your photos. My neighbours just seems to have something slightly not quite right about it that I can't place my finger on.

It will be on yours.

I think it's in the average MPG one. It says ford eco mode with a little arrow at the bottom that let's you go down another menu level.

I found it ! Another thing i found was getting onto the 'secret menu' (don't know what it called! ) but if you hold the 'ok' button down for 5 seconds, whilst holding it press the on button to ignition and keep holding 'ok' and test should.come up on the screen. Then you can scroll through to find errors, guage sweeps, led tests ect...!

The one thing i found tho was, it has a bit that tells you how much to empty in your tank. When i did this , i had 180 miles to empty and when i scrolled through it said i had over 250 miles to empty!!! Wow!

Is this how much the car actually has and the normal trip just gives you a saftey milage so you dont run it dry or is it somethig else ??...

You can also test your lights/drl's by using the indicator stalk while ignition is off.

• Like 1

MPG is working out at 25 when I work it out myself. I've always found trip computers to be about 2MPG out.