Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Cotton Air Filter Worth It?

little oz2

I have a 1.6 TDCI zetec S and was thinking about upgrading the standard air filter to a green cotton one and was wondering if this is a good idea? Or if anyone has any advice? Thank you

• Like 1

Are you looking for performance gains, sound gains, or cost savings (from not having to replace the paper filters)?

From what I've heard you only really get the last two. Not done myself though so I'm probably talking out my !potato!

• Like 1

Sorry only just saw this haha, and looking for all three if possible lol

• Like 1

On 7/24/2015 at 2:17 PM, little oz2 said:

I have a 1.6 TDCI zetec S and was thinking about upgrading the standard air filter to a green cotton one and was wondering if this is a good idea? Or if anyone has any advice? Thank you

Hi,

See Guide and discussions aswell as discount code here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

Thank you, would blanking the egr valve cause any problems?

• Like 1

On 7/28/2015 at 12:08 PM, little oz2 said:

Thank you, would blanking the egr valve cause any problems?

No not at all no errors nothing,

An active egr causes heaps of problems due to oil contamination leading to turbo failure,

It will give you a slight performance increase aswell as increased mpg,

Fitting the green filter further enhances this by providing more air to the mix rather than its current state which is recirculating waste gasses

• Like 1

What does the egr valve actually do then?, and where can I get rid of old oil out of my car? Thank you for the help and sorry for the late reply

• Like 1

What does the egr valve actually do then?, and where can I get rid of old oil out of my car? Thank you for the help and sorry for the late reply

The EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve circulates up to 20% of exhaust gasses back in to the induction chamber,

See guide for full details and discussion mate its been discussed to the death lol i cant promote it any further I'm exhausted explaining to members

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42915-guide-fitting-egr-blanking-plate-16tdci-engine/

Before purchasing a Green Cotton Induction filter,

You may like to check out NB Styling

Link: http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pID=24

The Green Cotton Induction Filter is the best on the market for under 100 pounds but if you were willing to spend more than 100 then Crude Performance is bespoke performance for your specific motor.

Your local recycle centre should have an IBC tank (Industrial Bulk Container) for the waste engine oil.

Okay then thank you very much, I was thinking of getting the Green Cotton one as probably don't want to spend over £100, I had a look on there website and I can't see a 1.6 TDCI one, can only see a 1.4 TDCI one.

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for all the help.

• Like 1

Okay then thank you very much, I was thinking of getting the Green Cotton one as probably don't want to spend over £100, I had a look on there website and I can't see a 1.6 TDCI one, can only see a 1.4 TDCI one.

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for all the help.

No problem,

I dont mind answering any questions i can link to previously written discussionss such as EGR,

Anyways;

Is your induction filter;

A square panel

Or

A cylinder

Inside the air box?

If I'm honest I haven't looked and don't know but I think its a panel one.

• Like 1

Ok,

Ill get back to you in a bit have yougot a picture of the induction box

I've had a search and it is a panel filter you require mate,

Same filter fits the 1.4 Petrol fiesta Mk6 as does the 1.6TDCi Fiesta Mk6

Id like to add that I've had a K&N filter fitted on last Saturday,

I've examined the build quality and 5o be honest it doesn't look any different from the Green,

There's no excess glue on the K&N like Green claim there is,

So at this point mate you can either email Ross at PriRacing

Email: ross@tdcautomotive.com

And ask him to supply a panel filter for your 1.6TDCi Fiesta

Or

Purchase a K&N which is now on special offer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151741984305

Since last Saturday i personally cant see any difference between them.

I also highly recommend blanking your egr valve and using a bottle of AtomX engine flush shortly before next service as saw in the EGR valve blanking guide.

Which one would you suggest? the green cotton one or the K&N one?, also is the AtomX stuff the same is Regex as I already have some of that, Thank you so much for all your help

Which one would you suggest? the green cotton one or the K&N one?, also is the AtomX stuff the same is Redex as I already have some of that, Thank you so much for all your help

No problem I'm always here to help,

I have much the same 1.6TDCi engine in my focus :)

Id go for K&N considering its on special offer its a complete bargain,

Its got more pleates in it than the Green filter so it should flow slightly quicker too.

Now,

I used to swear by Redex, i wouldn't use anything else until i discovered the stuff is too good at cleaning,

Its solvents will strip oil off parts and this can cause wear.

I now use AtomX fuel additive which has the same cleaning power but it also leaves behind a ceramic coating which fills any imperfections on the pistons and cylinders resulting in smoother running.

Atomex_Multi-Cleaner-diesel-250x250_zps4

The Redex Injector Cleaner and AtomeX are fuel additives they clean the fuel tank and injectors by adding to the fuel tank,

Atomex_Total-Flush-250x250_zpskhiykv07.j

The AtomeX Total flush works differently, it goes in to your engine oil,

A few miles before draining the oil,

It breaks down caked sludge from inside the turbo and cam shafts aswell as coating any imperfections,

Helps eliminate the carbon build up caused by the once active EGR Valve and prolongs the life of your turbo.

There is an Xado website within the uk where you can purchase both products,

Ill link you to them now in a second,

However there is also an Ireland based Xado supplier which may work out cheaper for you to purchase from them and ship over considering the sterling is very strong on euro at present it may be a lot cheaper to purchase from euro.

Ill post with links now anyways you can then compare prices yourself.

Ok so here are both items listed from Xado Ireland

ATOMEX Multi Cleaner (Diesel Fuel Additive)

http://www.xadoireland.ie/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=26&reviews_id=6&zenid=bd3j6n7c2kn0j0cs378cor7ml7

ATOMEX Total Flush (oil Additive)

http://www.xadoireland.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=10

And here are exactly the same items listed on Xado uk website.

ATOMEX Multi Cleaner (Diesel Fuel Additive)

http://xadoshop.co.uk/epages/5d829417-ecfb-445f-9f29-660a191d9525.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectID=2857417

ATOMEX Total Flush (oil Additive)

http://xadoshop.co.uk/epages/5d829417-ecfb-445f-9f29-660a191d9525.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectID=2859074

1 pound Sterling is worth around 1.70euro

If shipping from Ireland to Uk wasn't much then it would be cheaper.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club