Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Live Ignition Fuse ?

Andover

Hi Guys,

I am hardwiring a USB socket to enable me to use a dash cam using the guide by Lenny http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/65147-guide-fitting-dual-camera-dvr-system-focus-mk2-mk25/?p=438442

I've got 2 questions around the fuses:

I have everything i need but i am confused about which location in the fuse box to use ? I keep seeing references in the F100 range but my range goes from F37>F86 ??

Also i want to be sure i'm doing this right fuse before i blow something. Am i right in thinking I will need 2 x fuses in the top of the piggyback adapter (the 1 that comes with the USB adapter plugged in and the one taken direct from the fuse box location i am replacing) ?

post-66684-0-15574200-1437771379_thumb.j

Fuse 100 refers to the facelift Focus.

If you look at the link under my posts when viewed on a PC there is a fuse layout for the mk2.

Fitting the tap is as you say, original fuse to the bottom and tap fuse to the top.

The side that the wire comes out of needs to be to the right hand slot on the fuse position or else the fuse will be bypassed.

• Like 1

Perfect - got it ... F100 - F70 on the earlier one

Just so i have it right in my head:

The side that the wire comes out of needs to be to the right hand slot on the fuse position or else the fuse will be bypassed.

​Are you saying that basically once plugged in the wire need to face right ?

I.E. it must go in facing as below or it won't work:

1CircuitDiagram.jpg

Hang on ... The fuses are vertical not horizontal so based on the ford guide showing the numbers/letters facing the way they do below are you saying it would need to go in facing up ?

post-66684-0-89267100-1437772996_thumb.p

All correct mate,

Put it in to F70 on your fuse board and thanks for following guide,

Feel free to comment on it with the same problem to help others aswell.

• Like 1

Hang on ... The fuses are vertical not horizontal so based on the ford guide showing the numbers/letters facing the way they do below are you saying it would need to go in facing up ?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-07-24 at 22.22.30.png

Yes, best way to be 100% sure is to fit the tap with the wire facing forward, leave the top fuse out and check whether any power gets through to the new socket.

If it does then swap the tap around and check again.

Once you are happy with the orientation of the tap then insert the fuse.

• Like 1

Guys thanks so much for your help

I've done all the preparatory work in feeding the wires, just the hole to cut which is easy as I've got a circular cutting tool and plugging it into the fuse box

You've not only enlightened me with a quality solution but saved me a shed load of time in additional support (and messing around with a multi meter)

Thanks again for all your help

• Like 2

Guys thanks so much for your help

I've done all the preparatory work in feeding the wires, just the hole to cut which is easy as I've got a circular cutting tool and plugging it into the fuse box

You've not only enlightened me with a quality solution but saved me a shed load of time in additional support (and messing around with a multi meter)

Thanks again for all your help

Happy to be of assistance mate,

You may like to view my full list of guides can be viewed on my profile page:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/14733-lenny/

Or

If your using the forum App follow this link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

Quick question about the tap in the original post it says original fuse into the top of the piggy back and the USB fuse into the original location but above it says tap fuse to the top of the piggyback original fuse in its location

Ignore me lol now ive seen the picture of the piggy back top slot is the fuse for the USB bottom slot for the original fuse my bad

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this old thread (hope it's okay). Are there any fuses that are acc on instead of ignition on (like fuse 70)?

After some testing I found that fuse 68 is acc on (key position 1). Case closed 😊

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club