Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav - Pricey!

Jon12345

I am looking to get a 2014 Fiesta Titanium X and see a couple from a dealer that appeal. But there is one difference: the sat nav version is £1K more than the one without sat nav. This seems a huge discrepancy for sat nav, don't you think? I mean I have it on my Android phone for free!

Any comments? Would you go for the sat nav version or what?

i went without sat nav as i have a less than 1 year old tomtom .. the down side you have wires mind you i have wires fo the ipod etc anyway so it didnt make much odds i eneded up with a 64 plate titainum x got it last monday and i must say i do like it

I had the same point of view.

£1000 for a satnav that Ford don't update or a free nav app on my phone which has free updates, realtime rerouting info and community based blackspot warnings.

No brainer.

• Like 1

Get yourself a Garmin with free lifetime maps - under £100 and spend the £900 on stuff that matters :)

• Like 1

When I was choosing the options on mine it was £400 to add sat nav which I thought was not too over the top as I know zee Germans would charge much more.

How come it was £1000 though as that is very expensive were other options included as part of a package ?

Wow those cars you gave the link to seem quite over priced compared to what I paid which was 13,800, although mine is not automatic but it is the 125 Bhp 3 door Titanium X with spare wheel, front parking sensors and city stop in the same blue as the ones in the links. Its a great colour by the way it makes the car really stand out.

I did the rounds at the dealerships and couldn't find the spec and colour I wanted so went to an online company to get an idea of build time and ended up making an order and having the freedom to chose what I wanted on the car it came when they said it would and was even delivered.

• Like 1

What do you mean by an online company to get an idea of build time? Do you mean you bought from new?

What do you mean by an online company to get an idea of build time? Do you mean you bought from new?

I bought it from here http://www.nationwide-cars.co.uk/

yes it was brand new uk spec from a dealership up north.

• Like 1

The factory sat nav is rubbish compared to my TOM TOM.

So save your money & buy an after market unit.

The mapping on the Sony NAV is tomtom.

I didn't get the factory sat nav in my Zetec and went with my Nexus 5 for sat nav uses.

With the ST3 it was a luxury I went for.

You got a brand new titanium X for £13.8k?! That sounds like a hell of a deal

Yep it was a good deal that is the main reason why I went new factory built rather than ex demo.

I have chosen the premium ford satnav with sony Speakers on the car i ordered last week (Focus st3)

How would i be able to update the map ?

Jamie

The Sync 2 system uses Nokia HERE maps in EU (or at least UK).

I would only recommend updating the SD card when there is an offer on though, or it costs a fortune...

Nav updates are available from Ford. From memory I think it's £78. It's on the Ford.co.uk website. B)

• Like 1

Is the ford sat nav voice operated? e.g. "Navigate. BN1 2LG"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club