Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tdci Dpf Delete

catmand00

Hi guys and girls hoping someone can help me out with a recommendation with regards to getting my 1.6tdci dpf delete done I'm in Norwich so really need someone close ish by. I've heard horror stories of the ecu not being properly programmed and the car still trying to force a regen. So obviously looking for personal experiences. It's a 2009 ceramic dpf without the eloys additive if that makes any difference [emoji4]

• Like 1

I would recommend Avon Tuning near Bristol - not near you but it would make a nice day out in the west country! Seriously though I drive a lot further than you to get there and they have a lot of customers who come from Yorkshire and further due to their good reputation in customer service.

• Like 2

I'm not sure but isn't the Euro V 1.6 tdci not supposed to be getting DPF checks in the MOT, around 2017? Not sure how or what they are going to start checking but it might bit you in the bum in the furure

I know it sucks but it might well be worth replacing it, the ceramic ones should last a lot longer too.

• Like 2

Ive got a ceramic, well had a ceramic,

Got it cut open on the factory weld,

DPF section chissel out then weld back up and refitted,

MoT can inspect it all they want, ive also blanked egr and my emissions are lower than stock according to the MOT report :lol:

Im in Ireland though so i cant recommend a company close to you.

• Like 2

I've blanked the egr and although no problems with my dpf I was looking at getting it removed but if it's going to cause future problems at mot I may just wait and see then

• Like 1

I don't know that for sure, in fact I think it was someone on here who originally brought it up but I've not seen anything official other than a list of recommendations (read, Demands) from the EU.

Apparently cars registered after 2009 (euro v) might get additional checks, euro 4 with DPF wasn't included, but again, I've seen nothing official and I'm even having troubling finding the original conversation, so there is the possibility I've imagined it all :)

• Like 1

Ive heard nothing offical, but there was conversation with mot offical off the record saying its likley emmisions testing will stop and testing via dlc for operation of emmision related systems, but thats way off I can imagine,

You can certainly tell the euro5 emissions vehicles from the 4, next to nothing comes out exhaust in soot, so if euro 5 vehicles have dpf ripped out then any decent mot tester will know, but the important bit is he cant prove its not got one. So still have to pass as long as reading not more than 1.5, after july2008, and 2.5 before.

• Like 2

Ok well thanks very much for all the information ☺ highly appreciated! As I say mines not causing any problems yet cars currently on 66k so hopefully the ceramic dpf will last a long time yet. I'm currently working on an oil catch for the crankcase breather and a few other engine bits

• Like 1

Ok well thanks very much for all the information ☺ highly appreciated! As I say mines not causing any problems yet cars currently on 66k so hopefully the ceramic dpf will last a long time yet. I'm currently working on an oil catch for the crankcase breather and a few other engine bits

Bought my 1.6TDCi breather tank from these guys, just as important as blanking the egr valve in my opinion:

http://www.nbstyling.co.uk/store/?pID=23

• Like 1

I bought a tank but it's only a 17mm dia connectors so think yours looks just what I need thanks @Lenny

• Like 1

Aye, don't use those crap ones off eBay, they are usually sold from between 15 quid to 30 quid, doesn't matter which as they are all the same, crap, screws rust, leak or not sealed, screw fittings too small and leak I brought 2 of them to check them out and to see if it was worth modding them but it was just a waste of time .

The one Lenny linked too looks good, id definitely have short listed it had I known about it, as it stands, these are the only two cans that I know about that will work with the 1.6 TDCI that I would recommend

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/71753-oil-catch-can-install-16-tdci/

Shows you my setup, the hardest part is mounting it and then routing the tubes, maintaining the 25mm tube is the crucial part

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club