Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Tdci Cmax

Jigoku

Hi all, I have a 2006 1.6 TDCI (90PS) MK1 Cmax. Currently at 104,068 miles.. This car has been a great drive, I had some instrument clusters problems after buying the car. This was fixed and I've been happy driving it everyday.

Last Saturday however after driving down the slip road on the A2 I changed from 4th to 5th doing 70 MPH and the car went into limp mode. Since then I've had no turbo boost whatsoever. No warning lights,no sound from the turbo, no fault codes on my reader. The oil, filter and air filter was changed by myself at 92,000 miles.

It drives fine just no turbo so very slow..

I'm guessing the turbo hasn't failed? I'm thinking wastegate open? I'm going to jack the car up this weekend and have a look, just wondering what i should be looking for?

Oh the car was smokey on start up that sat, it normally isn't and hasn't been since..

Any help would be great..

Chris

Hi try some DPF clearer in the fuel tank I have the same car as you I had a new DPF fitted With the same problems as you If I was you try the clearer first

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hi John, Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that the TDCI (90ps) doesn't have a DPF fitted, but the TDCI (115) does??

Anyone know for sure if it has one?

I'm hoping when I look at the weekend that I notice something obvious, split pipe etc. If it does have a DPF then its never had new fluid etc as the previous owner supplied all the past service receipts and the DPF was never metioned. I bought the car with 89,000 miles on the clock so would assume that any DPF service should have been carried out at 75,000??

I can try DPF cleaner anyway as long it will do no damage to a non DPF car if it is?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

think all c-max after 2005 have dpf fitted just glad I don't have one

There are very few DPF cleaners that work from the fuel tank - most are combusted before they reach the DPF

www.oilem.com for professional products

Think 2006 is far too early for a DPF to be fitted on that model ?

just subscribed to the above news letter some good reading on the site

Hi all, Thanks for the replies. I'm quite sure my car is without DPF. Is there a way to tell for sure? i seem to remember someone telling me to look for a pipe/wire coming off the air box or to see if a DPF fluid tank is near the the diesel tank??

I'm jacking the car up and looking at the turbo,pipes etc on Sunday. If i find the problem I'll post on here. I'm thinking i might fill a bucket with parts cleaner strip all the pipes, oil feed pipe etc and put what i remove in that to clean everything up before i put back on. I'm doing an oil service at the same time so may as well.

put reg number into ford etis that will tell you

Hi, I've tried ford etis before. I can't find anywhere that it says its fitted with DPF. It does show up when i look at the service page, but says replace at 75000 miles if applicable.. I'm really hoping it doesnt have one, ive never noticed the car do a regen cycle. I would assume i would??

Hi everyone. I inspected the turbo this morning and I'm sure I have found the problem. I removed the air pipes- which were oiled on the inside. I'm assuming these should have no oil in?

The main thing wrong was the air intake impeller was jammed, I couldn't spin by hand and needed a screw driver to get it to turn. It turned freely for a moment then jammed again! It felt wobbly when turning. So I'm guessing the turbo needs to be replaced or repaired. Will have to look on the net to see which is the cheapest option.

I'm wondering if a repair is better since they can tell me what caused it to fail. No point replacing with a new one to have it happen again.

OK so after much research I have discovered that I have the dreaded PSA engine and have suffered a starved of oil turbo failure. Likely caused by sludge in the sump entering the oil return pipe etc. Seems Ford replace these pipes with better more effective pipes after turbo failure. The oil sump is of poor design also it seems.

These things happen all the time without recalls. So if you have the PSA engine, upgrade to the new pipes, check your pipes etc regularly and change your oil filter and oil every 3-6 months or every 3000 miles, be sure to remove the oil sump during oil change and clean it out.

Hope this helps anyone with the same engine.. ☺☺