Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Fob Battery +alert

sonic113

when your key fob battery get low does it alert you on the cluster?

does anyone know what voltage the battery in the key fob has to frop to until the alert appears? My battery is getting low because the range is getting shorter and I still get no alert on the cluster.

Also is there maybe an option to turn this in with elm config ect?

Only cars with Keyless Start (start button) will show a warning message on the display about low battery voltage of the key fob. This is because the key fob of a Keyless Start vehicle uses the battery to transmit the PATS signal. If the battery is empty on a keyless Start vehicle the car will no longer start (unless you use the emergency PATS chip inside the key fob).

Cars with normal remote central locking will not show a message about low battery voltage of the key fob.

• Like 1

I just change it every year to be on the safe side the batteries aren't expensive I just add it to my yearly to do list on the car

• Like 2

Thanks fellas. I guess I will just replace it at the service interval each year just to be safe. Although a cluster warning would of been cool. B)

CR2032 iirc ?

I got a error code through elmconfig that my remote battery was low. So not on the display but it will pop up a code.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I got a error code through elmconfig that my remote battery was low. So not on the display but it will pop up a code.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

. I never though of it throwing an error code for a low remote battery......I must see of mine does that on a low battery before I change it to a new one. Thanks for the input. :)

Aparently the display comes up to tell you, because if the battery goes completly flat there may be issues with the key blade, as it has to be recognised by the car, cos if it's not it will not start the engine.!!.

I don't want to go there.

• 4 years later...
4 hours ago, Luku said:

I have just replace my battery in my key fob but car still shows low battery. Do I have to change it again? 

Try another batt just incase the one you replaced isn't very good or short dated

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club