Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mountune does it again

xxtrickzxx

my autoexpress came through the letterbox this morning with a 40 page performance car of the year article,they ranked a mountune zetec s 9th with a really good write up, 3 places higher than the rs!! quoting"for the money,only a handful of cars can match this fiesta for driving thrills-and that means it thoroughly deserves its place above much more expensive and exotic machines"

OH god - I wantt hat kit now . . . minus the exhaust of course!! ;)

Paul why are you so against the exhaust? its not that bad, its loud as in raspy and poppy (if thats the right words to describe it).

I would like to drive a standard zs again now to see the difference as I am so used to my power now - infact could do with more as I am such a boy racer lol.

I was stuck in traffic yesterday and if I could have a £1 for the amount of people who looked at my car id be a very rich lady.

If I had to do a test drive of the car and review it I would give it:

10/10 for apperance

9/10 for sound (purely because the drone at speed can be a bit much when travelling on motorways etc)

9/10 for performance - which im sure will improve to 10/10 when the new ECU change takes place soon,

10/10 for Mountune customer service,

8/10 for the overall upgrade (as ive had issues with power loss and the yellow coming off of my alloy rims)

Is that a good enough review for Mountune lol

Paul why are you so against the exhaust? its not that bad, its loud as in raspy and poppy (if thats the right words to describe it).

I would like to drive a standard zs again now to see the difference as I am so used to my power now - infact could do with more as I am such a boy racer lol.

I was stuck in traffic yesterday and if I could have a £1 for the amount of people who looked at my car id be a very rich lady.

If I had to do a test drive of the car and review it I would give it:

10/10 for apperance

9/10 for sound (purely because the drone at speed can be a bit much when travelling on motorways etc)

9/10 for performance - which im sure will improve to 10/10 when the new ECU change takes place soon,

10/10 for Mountune customer service,

8/10 for the overall upgrade (as ive had issues with power loss and the yellow coming off of my alloy rims)

Is that a good enough review for Mountune lol

Have you had your wheels sorted yet michelle?

Have you had your wheels sorted yet michelle?

No, although Dave did say they will call me in to swap my wheels back over when they are ready to do the new ECU change, they were waiting on Ford giving them the go ahead to do it, saves me travelling back and forth anymore. I assume we will have a new set.

I have had cars in the past with standard factory fit sports type exhausts and while they are fun when your racing about, when you do feel like a nice lazy drive about they can get a bit tiring always being there in the background 'booming' away

I guess I would need to hear the Mountune one but I would be surrpised if it was not the same.

Having said that "9/10 for sound (purely because the drone at speed can be a bit much when travelling on motorways etc)"

:rolleyes: its done and fitted,took it for a spin for 2hrs and loved it,you really can feel it kick in at 4000rpm,took the technician 2 hours to fit everything,didnt know they had to remove a driveshaft to get the old cat and manifold out which is one big lump behind the engine,they had trouble loading the remap from the ford etis website,i was next to the technician and it took him nearly half an hour because the new update is out now,to cut a long story short we had to turn pop up unblocker off on the laptop,anyway this is where i heard something that might interest michelle,there demo car that i test drove and i thought it was not as nippy as another one i had driven had the same trouble we were having trying to install the remap all be it four months ago,they eventually had to have mountune come down with there laptop to install it and that car has the loss of power problem :unsure:

my autoexpress came through the letterbox this morning with a 40 page performance car of the year article,they ranked a mountune zetec s 9th with a really good write up, 3 places higher than the rs!! quoting"for the money,only a handful of cars can match this fiesta for driving thrills-and that means it thoroughly deserves its place above much more expensive and exotic machines"

I called into Shepshed Ford yesterday and in their showroom sat this gorgeous green beast with huge eyes.

No, this time it wasn't Mrs Hedgepig........it was an ultimate green RS Focus! :rolleyes:

What a stunning bit of kit that is--it's no good--I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!

Guess where I'm going at the weekend folks.............. ;) ;)

Here's the vids of said car:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/pe...a_mountune.html

Check out the hot-lap video & see if the exhaust note is to your liking:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/featur...a_mountune.html

:rolleyes:

:lol: the look on that blokes face on the second video,i think he's enjoying himself

His face cracked me up lol, what they dont show on these videos is the noise the exhaust makes when changing down through the gears, the crackle and pops - which I love lol.

Trickz, glad you are happy with your upgrade, can you do a little test for me (for yourself really), drive the car and then park her up for between 30 and 45 mins then go out in her again, if any power loss issue is going to happen it will be then and only then, it will never happen on a cold or warm engine, its always that in between bit when the engine is starting to cool. So their demo car is it still losing power or have they done the new ECU update on it now? I need to speak to Rob to see if he has had any changes done on his yet.

Hedgepig - move away hun you know you really really dont want that green thing rofl x

Hedgepig - move away hun you know you really really dont want that green thing rofl x

You're quite right Michelle but there's no harm in looking is there?

I would prefer to have the mountune conversion done on mine but I'm very apprehensive at the moment because of all the problems you guys have experienced.

Like all the others I too have read all the reviews saying how good it is but I'm waiting for you and Rob to give the all clear signals for the rest of us.

Just curious xxtrick.....how's yours doing; any problems so far and did Archers do your conversion?

I called into Shepshed Ford yesterday and in their showroom sat this gorgeous green beast with huge eyes.

No, this time it wasn't Mrs Hedgepig........it was an ultimate green RS Focus! :rolleyes:

What a stunning bit of kit that is--it's no good--I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!

No John where?.................I bet its not to the new kitchen shop is it...? :lol:

No John where?.................I bet its not to the new kitchen shop is it...? :lol:

Shame we cannot get hold of Mrs Hedgepig and warn her lol

You're quite right Michelle but there's no harm in looking is there?

Just because your on a diet doesn't mean you cant look at the buns ;)

Shame we cannot get hold of Mrs Hedgepig and warn her lol

Michelle,I think ive got Janet's phone number here somewhere,she gave it to me for emergency calls when John,goes all gooey eyed over tuned cars and the cheque book starts to come out :P

Michelle,I think ive got Janet's phone number here somewhere,she gave it to me for emergency calls when John,goes all gooey eyed over tuned cars and the cheque book starts to come out :P

I wouldn't put it past her Kristal--you girls are very crafty sometimes aren't you?

Strange you should mention kitchens earlier though...........I think she wants a new cooker and what's more she wants a range with a double oven and five hobs and all the bells and whistles etc.

Oh well, poor hedgepig will have to go without as usual! :rolleyes:

Just window shopping for me then............ :( :(

Theres no harm in looking - im always telling Max he can look but not touch!!!!

ive done the test twice now and had no problems,even though it was hard to leave it for 35 minutes!!!,i had it done at archers of ashby,the guys there are first class especially trevor who has worked on my last 3 cars,he's a real fordfan and doesn't mind me getting involved ie i was not happy by how much the tailpipes stuck out the back so while it was still on the ramps i adjusted it back more,i can definately say that if you have it done at archers so far so good.

as for the demo car michelle i am not sure what they are doing,proberly waiting for access keys from ford still

Don't have a test drive :unsure:Picture101.jpg I did in this one,and I'm smitten :(

ive done the test twice now and had no problems,even though it was hard to leave it for 35 minutes!!!,i had it done at archers of ashby,the guys there are first class especially trevor who has worked on my last 3 cars,he's a real fordfan and doesn't mind me getting involved ie i was not happy by how much the tailpipes stuck out the back so while it was still on the ramps i adjusted it back more,i can definately say that if you have it done at archers so far so good.

as for the demo car michelle i am not sure what they are doing,proberly waiting for access keys from ford still

Ah so their demo hasnt had the latest calibration key installed on it?, I first read your post that it had done so contacted Mountune this morning also you do realise your car hasnt had the latest one too as its still not been released, ive just had an email back this morning from Dave at mountune, they still waiting for fords final release which should be in the next week and I am first in the queue for the change to be made.

Hopefully you wont experience any problems anyway as not everyones car does it, dont know why it doesnt make sense how some cars do and some dont, but would like to point out mine didnt start for about a week, Robs started the day he got his done and I know someone in Ireland who has it very randomly, mines just done it again this morning pulling across traffic coming out of sainsburys not only is it very dangerous but its also so embarassing, having a lovely looking sporty car that just stops dead then chugs away like an old banger on its last legs.

No news on my wheels yet, apparently will know something by the end of the day.

:( so it hasnt been released yet!,i will have to keep an eye on things, fingers crossed i will be ok but i hope they release it soon for you ford have taken far too long! i will keep you posted if any problems crop up

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club