Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle/knock

bkmadh

Right so for the past few weeks there has been a rattle/knocking sound coming from the front when setting off/ accelerating hard. It doesn't happen when going over bumps or turning only when accelerating or changing gear hard. From looking at the suspension and drop links everything seems normal. I'm going to try and upload a video of the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Sounds like a possible engine or gearbox mount or even a suspension arm ball joint whilst it may look okay it'll need the suspension checked check under the car at the exhaust it could gave broke a mount and be banging off the chassis

Thanks for the reply I've also been thinking more engine mount as if the car goes to high revs there's quite a loud noise, reverse seems to harder to get into and it falls out of reverse more than it used to, also the noise is coming from like the clutch pedal area/ behind centre console towards the bottom

• 1 month later...

So this rattle has been ongoing for a about 6weeks with suspension and ect all fine, the other day I put the car on a ramp and had a look underneath.

The hangers have broken from the cat so the hangers/bracket hits under the car , the cat / exhaust does also

post-50356-144182290997_thumb.jpg

So I'm thinking eventually I would need to get a new catas I don't think it can be welded but for the time being would I be able to use something like 2 jubilee clips to go round the exhaust and the hanger/bracket to hold the exhaust in place

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club