Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Fiesta Written Off :(

TomGB
聽Share

Was on the way to work this morning and got rear ended coming up to a round about. First car R.I.P.

I paid 2k for the car and third party insurance said it's written off and valued it at 1900. That was just over the phone though, I assume they inspect it before paying out or not? I don't want them to take the car away either and then turn around and say it's valued less, anything could happen it could come back more damaged. Any advice appreciated this is my first proper accident / claim. (they have admitted full liability and i'm trying to do it completely through their insurance)

8gYQGVM.jpg

From my experience (damn jag driver ruined my corsa last year) it should be taken to a garage who will review the damage and label it uneconomical to repair (written off). You will then go and take any personal belongings, and say farewell to the car... I also seem to remember sending off one of the forms to the dvla (can't for the life of me remember which)... They'll send a cheque in the post. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to be more helpful 馃槀

• Like 2

To say it was rear ended it doesn't look bad in that photo? Or is the damage to the other side?

They have a huge steel reinforcing bar behind the bumper which Should have taken the brunt of it :)

• Like 1

To say it was rear ended it doesn't look bad in that photo? Or is the damage to the other side?

They have a huge steel reinforcing bar behind the bumper which Should have taken the brunt of it :)

I'll take some pictures tomorrow but yea the damage is all on the other side, the boot panel and boot structure inside in bent, the bumper is wrecked on the right side. It also managed to bend and cave in the steel wheel.

Boots are cheap enough.. the spare wheel well will straighten out to a certain extent (straightened my last car out)

Bumpers are around 30 delivered in primer.

Steel wheels are steel wheels.. 拢10 from the local scrappy

Cheap enough to do yourself if then insurance write it off! Depends what you want to do.

It's horrific looking st your first car in a state.. I still remember how crap I felt the night I smashed mine up :(

• Like 1

Might look into buying it back if they give me a good price but might just take what they give me, add 1k and buy a nice 07 or 08 plate fiesta.

My neck and back are killing after this happened and it seems to be getting worse, sat in a&e for three hours saw doctor, apparently I have "neck strain" and I should "have a cup of tea and some paracetamol" literally what they said...

• Like 1

Milk it for all you can. "Sounds like you might have whiplash"

People like that need to learn - through high premiums.

• Like 1

Them flaming Fiesta drivers. Gotta watch them.

• Like 2

Killed by another Fiesta! Its probably best that its written off and you start afresh, its possible the car wouldn't feel the same after being repaired.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about it, haven't had that feeling and hope not too but atleast it wasn't your fault and if you can claim on therir insurance your insurance will push for as much as possible for you from them.

To be fair I've nearly gone up the !Removed! of people at a roundabout (stopped second in line) as I can see a massive gap on the round about for like 3 cars go to go, then only notice as I start to move in my peripheral that the hesitant person in front for some reason hasn't moved as they obviously feel they need a 4 car gap or a fully clear round about before they feel they have a big enough gap :D , must have been milimeters from the bumper once.

• Like 1

Milk it for all you can. "Sounds like you might have whiplash"

People like that need to learn - through high premiums.

Think I definitely have whiplash if that's what it's called. on the day of the accident I had back pains, neck was painful stiff etc and ringing in ears. Next day even worse, hopefully it settles down.

& @ SNC His insurance contacted me and offered to handle it entirely through them and i won't have to go through my insurer. Not sure if this is good or bad. Would my insurer try and milk them for everything and get more than they are probably offering me?
(the person who hit me works and the same company so it was easier to deal with than a random luckily)

Think I definitely have whiplash if that's what it's called. on the day of the accident I had back pains, neck was painful stiff etc and ringing in ears. Next day even worse, hopefully it settles down.

& @ SNC His insurance contacted me and offered to handle it entirely through them and i won't have to go through my insurer. Not sure if this is good or bad. Would my insurer try and milk them for everything and get more than they are probably offering me?
(the person who hit me works and the same company so it was easier to deal with than a random luckily)

Sadly I'm not an expert but the only person I know who's crashed and wasn't his fault, his insurance got the other insurance company to pay for the repair to the car at the best repair service and with the best original parts and to best finish that looked like new. I know it wouldn't have had the same treatment if it was his fault and his insurance had to pay out :P

I don't know if anything happened to his prmiums at all though I never asked and I don't know anyone who's gone your route, I'd get some advise of someone who's been in your situation as I don't know.

Yea, if they will actually pay out 1900 and i paid 2000 for the car i think i might just do that and have a fresh start with a car. If i put some extra money in i can get a newer model with all the trimmings like AC electric windows etc. Mine atm is bare bones.

• Like 1

Sounds like that's the best option then. :)

• Like 1

just got a call, getting a 15 plate diesel fiesta courtesy car :) so glad I didn't get a fiat or Citroen

Now now, no need to slate Citroens. ;) they're very good cars really. At least they've got a bit of French flair!

Now now, no need to slate Citroens. ;) they're very good cars really. At least they've got a bit of French flair!

I'm just glad I got the fez out of all the options :D

Wonder what Litre it will be because it's diesel, 1.4 1.6? I'm sure they'll give me the lowest one because I'm 19 and my car is a 1.25.

The rear quarter doesn't look to have taken much if any damage... That's one panel that isn't replaceable and difficult to repair properly.. it looks just to be the tailgait, bumper & slight crumpling of the spare wheel well <- that may seal the cars fait

I expect it'll still be a write off, it's just a 10 year old Fiesta in the insurers eyes.

But like my Aunts 12 year old Peugeot 406 Coupe that was written off because of a scratch! It was in lovely condition as well.

• Like 1

Yea if they offer me 1900 without full inspection ill take it, otherwise i miight try and buy it back. I bent out some of the damage with a rubber hammer and some pry bars.

Ill take some pictures of the wheel well area.

My car has a full tank of fuel almost and cant be driven. any easy way to siphon fuel?. i don't know if mine has any protecection i was thinking old hose pipe if it fits/

I scrapped my fiesta with half a tank in it cause I couldn't be bothered draining it! Sure was an expensive accident!

I scrapped my fiesta with half a tank in it cause I couldn't be bothered draining it! Sure was an expensive accident!

What happened?

Span it one way, span it the other, wiped out a fence, almost rolled & landed in a ditch. There's pictures on my build log somewhere