Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Used Vts In Hayes For Servicing

averageowner

After being quoted large amounts at a dealership was looking at another garage that might be able to do the main dealer type jobs but without the huge price tag.

A recomendation from another garage for work they couldn't do lead me Vehicle Technical Solutions in Hayes ( who are also listed on Ford's website.

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/VehicleServiceandRepair/MotorcraftFourPlus/tabid=tab1#tabs

They sound like they know what they are talking about on the phone, and happy to say that they need to go away to find an answer to my questions about the jobs I asked about.

But just can't find reviews on them.

Anyone used these people before?

Took the plunge - can't recomend them enough. They mainly do fleet vans but they were extremly helpful with the DPF on my Focus!

Out of interest, what did they do to your DPF?

Hi south_bound,

The RAC came round with a view to recovering the car to VTS instead of me driving it and they did a forced regen for me! ( I have RAC membership because of my trusty 23yr old campervan and this was the first time I used it - the irony. :) )

VTS checked this work and then checked the fluid - all seems ok for now.

I feel extremly lucky and glad I went for a second opinion. And will be going back there again for sure! The reason I think there aren't many reviews is they mainly deal with fleet contracts.

OK, I've only just made the link with the other thread on DPF issues. Looks like that has done the trick for now, but expect more issues as time progresses and ash/soot starts to accumulate - how fast this happens depends on your mileage and type of driving and a good blast up the motorway every now and then will help.

yeah - wasn't sure if to put this garage question on the other thread I had started or a new one.

As for the dpf yep - I now understand what causes it so will make sure I do a long blast down the motorway. Unfortunately this car is now mainly used for town driving but some of the ultra short trips will have to stop.

Thanks for your help.

Remember it's higher & maintained engine revolutions & not vehicle speed that's important for DPF regeneration

Remember it's higher & maintained engine revolutions & not vehicle speed that's important for DPF regeneration

Or to explain even more simply. thrash it for half an hour or so, even sitting at the speed limit, get into a lower gear and let it rev. It'll go through fuel but is it not worth it to save your DPF? And if you're lucky you'll leave a trail of black smoke for everyone behind you :p. Our Renault did when that did its regen. Went to pick up a bike from basingstoke shortly after buying the car.. but then again.. it was a renault..

Excellent - thanks for those tips - it goes against everything you are taught when driving and on how to save fuel.

Should I get the oil changed after this regen?

• 2 years later...

Update to this - the DPF finally gave up the next year, was a real pain to get out and replace because one of the bolts had failed so the whole needed to be re-tapped,  VTS were very apologetic but were great, reducing costs were they could. The took photos of the repair to show what they had done.  So have had a new DPF and all has been fine.

Unfortunately VTS have now closed - not sure why.  Maybe they lost one of their corporate customers? Not good now as have to find another garage.

Any recommendations of another garage in the west london area would be great.  I'm never going back to Trust Ford in Hounslow as they caused a lot of problems with my car in a service and always seemed to add extras on. 

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/73294-took-in-with-dpf-issue-almost-drove-out-with-no-brakes/?view=getnewpost

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club