Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Amazon Signs Clarkson, Hammond & May With Andy Wilman

alexp999

It's official!

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are reuniting to create an all-new car show, exclusively for Amazon Prime. The show will be produced by the trio’s long time executive producer Andy Wilman. On working with Amazon, Jeremy Clarkson said “I feel like I've climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship.” The first show will go into production shortly and arrive exclusively on Amazon Prime in 2016.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GuessWhosBack

Press Release:

London - 30 July 2015 – Amazon today announced that Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May will reunite to make a new car show available exclusively to Amazon Prime members. The show will be produced by the trio’s long time executive producer Andy Wilman.

The award-winning team have committed to three seasons as part of this landmark global TV deal. The first season will go into production soon and is scheduled to premiere for Prime members in 2016.

On working with Amazon, Jeremy Clarkson said: “I feel like I've climbed out of a bi-plane and into a spaceship.”

Richard Hammond added: “Amazon? Oh yes. I have already been there. I got bitten by a bullet ant.”

James May said: “We have become part of the new age of smart TV. Ironic, isn't it?”

“Customers told us they wanted to see the team back on screen, and we are excited to make that happen,” said Jay Marine, Vice President of Amazon Prime Video EU. “Millions of Prime members are already enjoying our ground-breaking original shows. We can’t wait to see what Jeremy, Richard, James and the team will create in what is sure to be one of the most globally anticipated shows of 2016.”

Customers can sign up to receive the latest news on this new show by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/GuessWhosBack.

Clarkson, Hammond and May will join top talent making Amazon Original Series that will premiere on Prime Video in 2015 and early 2016. These include Hand of Godstarring Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy) and Dana Delany (Body of Proof), Red Oaks starring Craig Roberts (Submarine) and Paul Reiser (Mad About You), The Man in the High Castle from Executive Producer of The X-Files Frank Spotnitz and Executive Producer Ridley Scott (Blade Runner), the company’s first docu-series, The New Yorker Presents, as well as second seasons of the multi-Golden Globe-winning comedy Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle starring Gael Garcia Bernal (Rosewater) and Bernadette Peters (Smash), and Bosch, from Michael Connelly and starring Titus Welliver (Lost).

Amazon also resurrected hit British drama Ripper Street, starring Matthew Macfadyen (Spooks), Jerome Flynn (Game of Thrones), Adam Rothenberg (The Divide) and MyAnna Buring (The Twilight Saga). Amazon produced third series of the Victorian crime drama launched in November 2014 to critical and customer acclaim; a fourth season of the show is now in production.

“This is a golden age of television, a great time for TV makers and storytellers,” added Jay Marine. “Our approach is to give programme makers creative freedom to be innovative and make the shows they want to make. This is just the start, you should expect to see more world-leading talent and the biggest shows on Prime Video.”

Prime members can enjoy Amazon Original Series and other Prime Video movies and TV shows using the Amazon Video app. The Amazon Video app is available on hundreds of devices including Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Roku, smart TVs and Blu-ray players from Samsung, Sony, LG, and Panasonic, the Xbox, PlayStation, and Wii game consoles, as well as on mobile devices like Fire tablets, Fire phone, iPhone, iPad, and Android tablets and phones. Customers can also watch online at www.amazon.co.uk/primevideo.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=251199&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2072657

• Like 1

Excellent news, but surely it's limiting their audience massively? I for one can't afford £79 a year for prime!

• Like 1

One point in the press release says, "scheduled to premiere for Prime members in 2016".

So I am hoping that there may be some deal done with a TV network, like ITV, 4, 5, etc. That may see the series air at a later date on FTA.

Either that or hopefully they will sell them on a per episode or season basis, for considerably less than prime membership.

Knowing amazon, they will probably have an offer on prime membership, half price or something when it comes out, to get people on it.

Let's hope so, I'm sure they'll take in to account that the majority of people won't pay for the Prime just to watch it, and that it needs to go onto other platforms in order to get a larger viewing audience.

Either that or someone will pirate it onto YouTube. :lol:

I wonder whether it'll still be filmed at the Dunsfold Aerodrome? Not far from me and I go and drive on it occasionally.

• Like 1

I think that is staying with the BBC and Top Gear, so they'll need a new location.

sounds good

That's great news :). It should have been Netflix though, but I have Prime too.

Excellent news, but surely it's limiting their audience massively? I for one can't afford £79 a year for prime!

How often do you order things on amazon? If it's more than 20 times per year then Prime sort of pays for itself with free postage.

Let's hope so, I'm sure they'll take in to account that the majority of people won't pay for the Prime just to watch it, and that it needs to go onto other platforms in order to get a larger viewing audience.

amazon will get plenty of viewers, probably more than most TV channels (would be even more true for Netflix). And I would think this news will attract even more people to it. I bet the BBC managers are kicking themselves now.

Yeah I order quite a lot from amazon but can't justify that amount just for quick postage and watching the new show. :(

If I had to choose between Netflix and amazon, I prefer amazon.

I don't want or need Netflix, but if I have to pay for Prime to watch it, at least I get free one day delivery too. Still I don't order with paid delivery enough from amazon to warrant it.

I'm sure they will bring out a DVD, or have offers and deals with other networks anyway.

Prime is only available in a handful of countries, so they need to sort something out...

• Like 1

Yeah that's true.

Maybe Father Christmas will get me a subscription. :D

I have Prime too.

I've never paid for Prime but did do the free trial and noticed that you had to pay for some of the stuff on there. Is that still the case for paid subscriptions?

I've never paid for Prime but did do the free trial and noticed that you had to pay for some of the stuff on there. Is that still the case for paid subscriptions?

That's one of the main reasons why Netflix is better, you pay for it and you get everything whereas with amazon a lot of the good stuff costs extra. That and Netflix had better quality content in general, but then with Prime you get free next day delivery so both have their advantages.

The problem there though is that they could potentially charge extra for the new Clarkson, Hammond and May show. I can't remember how much most of the TV shows were on there but season 4 of The Walking Dead was about £25 extra! With how popular Top Gear was over the last 10 years I can see them charging more on top of the £79 for the subscription (especially if the number of subscribers doesn't increase as much as they expect it to).

• Like 1

i'm sure a day after it airs it will be availble elsewhere ............... :ph34r:

• Like 1

i'm sure a day after it airs it will be availble elsewhere ............... :ph34r:

Yes I was going to say that too, but I thought the mere mention of such things could get me in trouble haha. But of course I pay for all my TV and film viewing :innocent:

• Like 1

this pretty much made my mind up on taking on Prime!

All the benefits, the free delivery next day, the top gear goodness, etc - definitely worth it!

• Like 1

^ It gets addictive ordering stuff with free next day delivery, especially when they sell all sorts of car related things haha. They deliver 7 days a week and to click & collect places everywhere.

Yeah I'm tempted to order from abroad and see it deliver next day lol