Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall

Samiieeyy

Hi guys,

My parents just brought a 2014 ST-3 on Saturday and on Monday my dad heard a noise from the engine after a late evening drive.

He took it to trust fords the dealer he brought it from and they said they would have to investigate more to find out where the noise is coming from.

Today they got a phone call from the dealership and they said that Fords have told them it's fault they have found in several STs and that they are going to recall the car!

Trust fords has now asked for my parents to take their curtesy car back straight away.

Has anyone heard about a recall or had their ST recalled?

Do you know if they can take the curtesy car back? If they can what should my parents do as they now have no car?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have not heard of any recalls but I assume there is some kind of written agreement in place for the courtesy car. If so, what are the terms and conditions? What reason has the dealer given for wanting it back?

When requiring the dealer to repair under SOGA as opposed to the warranty, the dealer must do so without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer. Not having a car at all is highly inconvenient so it might be worth bearing that in mind.

Enter your reg on Ford ETIS and it should tell you of any recall notices

My parents went and spoke to dealership and basically refused to give the curtesy car back. Their reason for taking it back is because they had that one booked for someone else and had no others available for my parents.

I went on the website to see if the car was listed as a recall but it wasn't. The dealers then changed their story and said only 3 cars have this problem that their aware of! But no one seems to know what the problem is.

It is still at the dealership and they are investigating further

Thanks for all the advise though

• Like 1

Hi what is the noise? As my 57 plate st has a metal to metal noise when engine is running this after investigation I found out is my air conditioning pump pulley this could be the same problem you have?

It sounds like metal to mental but only happens when the engine gets to a certain temperature. When we went to Silverstone we asked a couple of other people who had STs 2014 and some others had it whilst some had no idea what we were talking about

Strange I know this sounds stupid but have you asked Ford's what they have found? Or are they being shady about it?

Mines been a headache since I picked it up 3 weeks ago first a power steering pipe burst and now I've got the air conditioning problem I'm just waiting on the third thing to go wrong seeing as things come in threes lol

Yeah we asked they just keep saying that they don't know what it is. And they want us to just take it back without finding a solution.

That's a bit shady something don't ad up but good luck with sorting it out

Tell me about it! Thanks for the

help anyway. I think they might just end up sending it back and get something else

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club