Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Wipers????

sonic113

I need to replace my Wiper Blades as they smear like mad. I only had them replaced last year and got the proper Bosch ones but they did not seem to last long. I tried cleaning theme ect but they still judder and smear the window.

I saw these on eBay and was wondering as they are cheaper would they be worth getting or best to stick with the Bosch ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-04-11-Aero-Front-Window-Windscreen-Side-Pin-Car-Wiper-Blades-/400930351205?fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus&hash=item5d594fa865

what wiper blade makes do you guys use and any tips for keeping them in top form?

Thanks

• Like 1

Are you certain that the glass does not have something on it ?

• Like 1

Clean them with vinegar

• Like 2

I buy cheap blades aero ones from eBay less than half the price of Bosch and last longer

• Like 1

I've just fitted Bosch - and thr squelch on the return stroke.

I was using the Ford ones. They were good, but degraded prematurely due to the sand that permanently covered my car when I was in Blackpool.

Used to use Asda cheapo aero-flats on the Punto - they weren't bad

• Like 1

Thanks fellas for the top tips

Yes I am made sure the glass is clean but wipers still smear. I tries cleaning with vinegar and other things like soapy water ect so I think I will just replace with the ford ones. I though the Bosch would of been a good set though but I guess its just my luck lol!

does anyone have a part number for the ford wipers front and rear one?

also is amazon the cheapest? their new free delivery only on over £20 spends sucks now.

Personally I have the Bosch ones, and they don't smear, or make any noise (judder) at all.

I have a genuine ford focus rear wiper for sale if its of interest? Still brand new in box

I need to replace my wiper blades as they smear like mad. I only had them replaced last year and got the proper Bosch ones but they did not seem to last long. I tried cleaning theme ect but they still judder and smear the window.

I saw these on eBay and was wondering as they are cheaper would they be worth getting or best to stick with the Bosch ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-04-11-Aero-Front-Window-Windscreen-Side-Pin-Car-Wiper-Blades-/400930351205?fits=Car+Make:Ford|Model:Focus&hash=item5d594fa865

what wiper blade makes do you guys use and any tips for keeping them in top form?

Thanks

I recommend Bosch, I purchase from micksgarage.ie free shipping,

See Guide and part numbers here link:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/38125-guide-wiper-blade-change-focus-mk2-mk25/

Also De-Wiper Guide:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/70383-guide-de-wiper-ford-focus-mk2-mk25-rear-wiper-removal/

Ive tried Michelin Stealth blades last month super s3xy but ugh disaster dont fit rite atall

They look pretty but dont like dancin.

• Like 1

EBay radio world £5.99 the pair

RadioWorld are Top supplier aswell ive not bought Wipers,

But i have bought many other items from them without any problems atall.

• Like 1

Bosch. I ordered some for my mums Peugeot 207 which are the same size as the ones on the MK2 Focus IIRC.

• Like 2

Can't argue at there wipers £5.99 they last about a year or more no squeaks or squeels clear the windows

• Like 2

i ordered eBay ones too after the Bosch ones i had didnt last long, cost me around £10 and they are still working brilliantly with no streaks.

• Like 1

While on the subject of wipers and cleaning windows etc.

I've De-Wipered my rear window few months ago and i use this clay bar kit purchased in Halfords,

I've used it on the Windscreen aswell and the rain drops fly off like asteroids when driving.

IMG_20150708_170513_zpsf5p4tmey_edit_143

IMG_20150708_170703_zpsyqzxozxa_edit_143

IMG_20150708_170524_zpsp9or8ngp_edit_143

IMG_20150708_170535_zpsnjr8tisr_edit_143

IMG_20150708_170558_zpsteogpxsl.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Lenny for the posts there :) . I have the exact same ones that you posted up but I wasn't overall impressed with them. They where great for the first few months but then started to smear ect.

Come to think of it maybe i should try that clay bar on the glass as I'm wondering when I get a wash at the local car wash when it rinses it goes to a wax spray and I try not to spray it on the windows but maybe its running from the roof and coating the window screen which then is hard to clean?????

The only other thing I can think of is when I'm detailing the car I do the wiper arms (not the blades just the metal parts) with the Autoglym vinyl and rubber care by spraying it on a cloth and wiping them over to keep them black looking and maybe when it rains ect water is washing it onto the front window screen glass.

The clay bar might get all dirt and grime of the glass. :unsure:

• Like 1

Might as well give it a clay, the wipers could well be smearing from the wax and might be fine after the windscreen is cleaned.

Might as well give it a clay, the wipers could well be smearing from the wax and might be fine after the windscreen is cleaned.

+1

The claybar for windscreen is the business

When it drys its like a layer of clear silicone the rain wont sit on it atall

Few people on detailing world have great results from bar keepers friend to clean windscreens.

• Like 1

Few people on detailing world have great results from bar keepers friend to clean windscreens.

Ow keep that stuff well away from the paint,

Its caustic based mate, fantastic stuff for cleaning stains better than any organic solvent but i wouldnt put it within 12ft of my car personally.

assuming your wipers are 26 driver/19 pass ford number is1537 075 bought these this year while up north from local dealer I should say they c-max fitment

that cleaning kit looks the bees knees lenny what price from Halfords

paul

• Like 1

that cleaning kit looks the bees knees lenny what price from halfords

paul

Cheers mate,

The kit is 11 or 12 euro well worth every penny,

Contains enough to do the whole car once

Or

The front and back windows twice,

Lasting me three months now rain still flys off the glass,

Use yellow spray to maintain it once a month with a microfibre cloth.

Picked up microfibre cloths in Aldi for less than a euro just as good as any from Halfords.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club