Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Advice On Bits On The Car...

Magicmushroom2005

Based on a 1.0 ecoboost 100ps,

Whats the little radiator on the left hand side when u open the bonet is it a intercooler?

When i run my car i hear every so often a wizzing noise from the back end? I though maybe fuel pump but got told fuel pump is in engine bay?

• Like 1

Yes it's the intercooler, I would think the pump would be in on near the fuel tank, old non fuel injected cars had the pump in the engine bay on the engine.

^^^ why show a picture of a larger uprated intercooler that not even in the same position as the OE intercooler the OP asked about?

• Like 1

^^^ why show a picture of a larger uprated intercooler that not even in the same position as the OE intercooler the OP asked about?

:lol: encase the existing intercooler location was somewhat an issue i was illustrating there is a relocated uprated alternative ;)

I wasn't aware its not in the same location but it seemed fitting to the conversation at the time of posting,

What is the problem like If fitted would it give his car more boost than yours or somthing seriously :lol:

I don't understand the overall issue pal to be fair but i can remove the above image if you yourself would like me to :)

He just asked if the little radiator on the left was the intercooler, he did say he had. Issue with it and wanted to uprate it, the pic you posted might confuse as it's no that same as standard, it larger, takes up most of the grill and is fixed in front of the crash bar.

It wouldn't increase his boost pressure either as it would still be running the standard turbo, not sure what pressure the 1.0l runs at.

Not bothered what you do with the pic, maybe should have added a comment to explain the picture as he may not know what that picture is showing.

Whats that silver circle thing by the turbo? Someone told me it was the fuel pump but not sure as i every of often i can here a electic motor noise from back of car

It's probably the wastegate actuator, when the boost pressure reaches the set limit it diverts exhaust gas down the exhaust pipe instead of spinning the turbo.

I take these are the cars coil packs?

post-63928-0-44057300-1438861167_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club