Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've just been pulled over...

DanGull

How silly :lol:

So I take the new car out for a spin, and low and behold - flashing lights behind me.

Oh dear - think I - my number plates must have fallen off or something.

But oh no - it turns out my car will be, in the words of the police officer who stopped me, a magnet for being pulled over. Oh well.

As it turns out, he saw the privacy glass and decided to get the light meter out to check all my windows! Admittedly - I had gone into the 'boy racer' are of Tamworth in Ventura Park. But ah well :lol:

So I take the new car out for a spin, and low and behold - flashing lights behind me.

But oh no - it turns out my car will be, in the words of the police officer who stopped me, a magnet for being pulled over. Oh well.

As it turns out, he saw the privacy glass and decided to get the light meter out to check all my windows! Admittedly - I had gone into the 'boy racer' are of Tamworth in Ventura Park. But ah well :lol:

Funny that - 3 years with a Golf MK3, pulled over about 6 times, 3 speeding tickers. 2 years in an Audi 80, nothing. So what you're saying with the Fiesta then is, before I get it, I might as well send my license back to the DVLA now?

I don't think it's the Fiesta in general Miles - it's the fact that mine is white, the the tinted glass, bodykit and big alloys.

GUess I have it to look forward too then - when it arrives.

FUnny but I never got pulled in my last car - a Smart For Two!

GUess I have it to look forward too then - when it arrives.

FUnny but I never got pulled in my last car - a Smart For Two!

The coppers were probably laughing too much... :lol: ;)

Light meter? Seriously? On factory fit window tint. I expect they just wanted a nose around the car.

They didn't do the check in the end Marky - as soon as they realised they were factory fit on the rear only so they said, but yes - you're probably right.

4 and a half years driving a 1.6 Fiat Brava and I never got pulled over once, a few months in this Zetec-S and i've got 3 points and got pulled over last thursday as well (didn't even look at my license, just sent me on my way after calling me a prick hah).

It's bound to happen in a these cars :P

I don't think it's the Fiesta in general Miles - it's the fact that mine is white, the the tinted glass, bodykit and big alloys.

oh great! just what i always wanted! a police fan club...

no point catching the real criminals might aswell just chase us all cz we have tinted windows and big wheels!

GRRRRR dont like police!!!

I've had mine 4 months and never been pulled over, but then I'm a good driver - *ahem* Joking! :D I can see why your particular build of the car could get stopped quite a few times though.

Nice one Dan - and only 1 day with the car! My number plate did fall off and I was on my way to get it fixed. Pulled up beside a police car and when I passed it they changed lane and followed me. Was waiting on the lights going at an appropriate place in the road but they turned off the road I was on - must have thought stupid blonde in a pink car :lol:

I think the most commonly pulled over cars are probably small non-standard cars anyway (Bodykits, etc) and cars out of the ordinary like Zetec S, Corsa VXR, etc

I got pulled over once for a "routine" stop. Loads of them popped outta the van were just checking the car over... which is a standard Mark 5 Fiesta lol. One of them said "Your a bit far away from home aren't yah?"... I wasn't even two miles from my house xD Some of them are Tards...

Ive not been pulled over - yet, I expect to be at some point though as they always come in behind me and I suppose run a numberplate check to see what my insurance status is, although saying that ive had some people think my car is a police car lol.

I think the most commonly pulled over cars are probably small non-standard cars anyway (Bodykits, etc) and cars out of the ordinary like Zetec S, Corsa VXR, etc

I got pulled over once for a "routine" stop. Loads of them popped outta the van were just checking the car over... which is a standard Mark 5 Fiesta lol. One of them said "Your a bit far away from home aren't yah?"... I wasn't even two miles from my house xD Some of them are Tards...

They'll do something like as routine just in case it panics you and trips you up, if you start to flap they'll prod further, thinking you may well have something to hide.

Got stopped in my MK3 Golf, doing some papwerwork in the back of their van, copper a asks "what is it a vw polo?" copper b pipes up straight away "yeah it's a polo mike".. I'm thinking, "eh?" I don't want to argue with the busies, but, I'm pretty sure my car's a Golf I've had it for 2 years". I said "Err no GOlf actually", at which point he actually started writing after waiting for my response.

Thought about it later, and the penny dropped what they were doing. Clever buggers!

The coppers were probably laughing too much... :lol: ;)

What when they see it going round a roundabout listing a wheel - oh yes you can get it to do that and it scared the hell out of my partner . . .

Was the car originally registered somewhere else as he might have known that and so thought you were a long way from there whereas you have brought the car to a closer location to where you were stopped?

A mate of mine got me to fit some shop-bought dark window-tint film on his two rear-side windows, (not a Fiesta btw). About a week later he was pulled up by the police and they did one of those light meter tests on the windows - and it failed. He was told to remove the film there and then in front of them otherwise he'd receive a spot fine and 3 points on his licence. Reluctantly he removed it.

What I don't understand is that I would have thought it would be okay to have the film on the two 'rear-side' windows. He didn't have any film on any other windows of the car. And a second point is, if this film is so 'illegal', and fails the light-meter tests, then how can a company as big as Halfords be allowed to sell it? (This point just concerns 'shop-bought' window film, btw - I sure the factory tinted glass is perfectly okay).

A final note, on a vaguely similar theme, concerns self-adhesive sun-visor strips. We actually manufacture them for people to fit on a DIY-fitting basis, but we always have to mention that they are fitted 'at the customer's own risk' as some local police and MOT testing stations can insist they be removed. No one, including the police, seem to give an accurate answer as to how deep a sun-strip can be. Some say no more than 10% of the total windscreen height - and others say any depth as long as it doesn't go any lower than the internal drop-down sun-visors. :huh: Confusing!

Anyway, it looks as though it's down to pure pot-luck when it comes to any modifications, and each area/region seem to have their own rules!

I hope you took their badge numbers and write a nice little letter to their superiors.

RANDOM checks... are supposed to be RANDOM.

If they think that a brand new car is more likely to be uninsured or untaxed than that 12 year old piece of !Removed! parked beside it, they want re-training!

Chris...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club